RTS' make a return to Staten Island

LRG

On the SI fleet, I think it would make sense for the other depots to lend their NGs and O5s, so at least SI has buses they are familiar with. Perhaps go one step further: transfer these buses to SI and (send the buses that are currently being repaired to MtA bus) when the MTA ever gets the new order of buses, send them directly to the depots that had to give up their buses.

I just hope the mta didn't retire too many buses yet as it seems like they will be needed very soon with school starting in a few weeks.

That's why they are sending RTSs. The island is technically familiar with every bus type except artics.

On top of that, you also gotta look at the spare factors for those NGs and O5s from other depots.

Good points, but if they are short, how much longer can they get away with running express buses on the local routes? Will they need to keep the eol cng buses around a little longer for mta bus and take some of those rts to help si?

Not at all, the shortage crisis isn't that bad. Yukon is slowly getting back their Vs.

If they're as I remember some of Yukon's are crap already.

For a long time now! Them Prevosts are looking like they are already 5 years old! Castleton should get some of those Prevosts, they maintain their express fleet a million times better.

Not at all, the shortage crisis isn't that bad. Yukon is slowly getting back their Vs.

For a long time now! Them Prevosts are looking like they are already 5 years old! Castleton should get some of those Prevosts, they maintain their express fleet a million times better.

Ok I will miss mci buses on locals.

Due to multiple 6xxx's being removed from service from Staten Island as a result of deferred maintenance, RTS buses are making a return to Staten Island for the rest of the summer until they get their Orion 5s back.

Five buses were sent from Ulmer Park to Yukon for p.m. service, and ran exclusively on the S89 Limited. After p.m. rush hour service was over, the buses went back to Ulmer Park. This pattern is likely to continue, as I don't know if they'll have the buses just stay at Yukon rather than send them back and forth.

The buses that were sent yesterday were 5090, 5098, 9408, 9416, 9616 and 9614. The buses running today are 5077, 5101, 5110, 9400 and 9410. Shifting will not occur on weekends. Happy hunting.

The s89 ??

Are these buses OK'd for interstate travel? (I only see the USDOT numbers on the 4000-40xx series). I'll take the s89 back from my job on Friday.

I did notice a lot of SBS equipment being used on the s74 and s59 lately.

The s89 ??

Are these buses OK'd for interstate travel? (I only see the USDOT numbers on the 4000-40xx series). I'll take the s89 back from my job on Friday.

You know i asked that same question to and in fact they aren't

The s89 ??

Shhh... we don't need Legal reading this stuff and making the S89 100% hybrid again.

About the MCIs being used on the local routes....can the fare boxes be Programmed to take local fares?

Yes. There's two different fare classes that can be set in the farebox. One for local routes, the other for express.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 4

Yukon has been short 15-30 buses DAILY!!!!! Today 5 Yukon PM Ops pulled out of Charleston..... Like we have enough for ourselves lol. 

That and they've been borrowing buses from Castleton as well. Hopefully things get better for them because they will need more buses for the fall pick when school starts.

Archived