NYS DOT Proposed Funding: New Buses for Suffolk County Transit & HART!

Burrstone

Where'd you hear the rumor?  The only way I see this not happening is if the funding fell through,

From a friend, who is friends with a bus driver. The driver said that the county said that they aren't getting new buses next year (I assume the order was going out in either January or February) and that's why they are spending 30K to repair 9933 which was damaged by a fire on or around Halloween. 

• 1 month later...

They better be ordering new buses. SCT s Twitter is constantly reporting bus breakdowns lol.

I've warned this kid about the bus driver rumor mill, but he still wants to listen to the rumor mill.  These are the same drivers who said for years that the (MTA) was taking over SCT Bus...

Sure they could here things but it's not like drivers are involved in funding meetings the county holds, they work for private companies.  How would a driver know the County isn't buying new buses?  For all we know he heard his/her company/yard wasn't getting new buses...

I've warned this kid about the bus driver rumor mill, but he still wants to listen to the rumor mill.  These are the same drivers who said for years that the (MTA) was taking over SCT Bus...

Sure they could here things but it's not like drivers are involved in funding meetings the county holds, they work for private companies.  How would a driver know the County isn't buying new buses?  For all we know he heard his/her company/yard wasn't getting new buses...

I only said it this time because the drivers that where heard talking about it were from two different yards (although yes from the same company) 

Archived