7 Line Extension 90 Percent Complete

GojiMet86

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did they really just create one station with this extension?

Seems to be a legitimate question. Refer to this video:

Originally in the October 2007 contract money was allocated for a provision for at least a station shell as deliberate overenginnering  construction, in anticipation that the shell for the 10th Ave - 41st Street will be finished into a station as a response to  a community petition by real estate developers contesting the shelving the plans in the blueprints for it's construction.

The MTA stated that they can at least construct the shell if partial funding can be sought by the City Of New York, but with the political wrangling taking place, this has not happened and the line was constructed without a station shell @ 10th Avenue. So yes, no second station exists on this extension. 

Why was I downvoted for a correct and non inflammatory post? Care to explain? Are you aware of the fact that neg abuse leads to suspensions of accounts?

Read this thread: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/40092-abusing-negative-reputation-votes/

How did you quote a post that isnt there? :confused:

Alivia got banned so Alivia's posts were deleted. Alivia was also abusing me saw I and Realizm contacted Harry and SevenEleven.

So I take it that all the votes he made were undone as well?

=

As for Flushing, I do think it was a mistake to build the mezzanine directly in the way of the tracks, but it's not like there's any plans for a northern extension any time soon, so I don't think it matters (just leave it alone).

Summer picks on the (7) to 34th which means it should be open in August 2014 . Make sense even though I was kinda surprised as the practice with new lines is to have newly built subways tunnels or lines altogether open in December (with an exception or two I'm guessing, didn't do the fact checking yet).

Man that's a entire year away. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived