7 Line Extension 90 Percent Complete

GojiMet86

You never know. On it's opening day, New South Ferry worked for about half an hour before a water main break, I think it was at canal or in the low teens, shuttered the entire west side IRT. The trapped trains were then pilfered of their "First five cars for south ferry" signs. Transit fans, MTA workers, heck even the cops were stealing them.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some MTA staffers actually asked me if there were any left.

and I saw some cops walking around with the signs under their arms.

LOL. I guess we have railfans in the NYPD police force, more than I've realized. Make a long story short one time a cop gave me props on a pic of a R142A (6) as I showed it off on the camera in friendly conversation even though I didn't have to. He thought it was cool. So amusing as it is not surprising.

LOL. I guess we have railfans in the NYPD police force, more than I've realized. Make a long story short one time a cop gave me props on a pic of a R142A (6) as I showed it off on the camera in friendly conversation even though I didn't have to. He thought it was cool. So amusing as it is not surprising.

Doesn't that stuff go pretty high on eBay?

It did but since the loop is back open again and they made more signs, they pretty worthless now

That is until they finish rebuilding the new SF station finally 10 years from now or whatever (exaggeration) knowing the extent of the damage inflicted on the station.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like the engineers are encountering problems with construction of the station also the elevators in the station hence the delays. Shit happens. Understandable. At least this is not due to cuts in funding or protests from NIMBYs delaying progress here like with the rest of the projects so maybe theres hope with this one...

Sounds like the engineers are encountering problems with construction of the station also the elevators in the station hence the delays. Shit happens. Understandable. At least this is not due to cuts in funding or protests from NIMBYs delaying progress here like with the rest of the projects so maybe theres hope with this one...

More importantly, we know that there are escalators and elevators that are in place and can be tested. This is, at the very least, more information than we have with East Side Access.

Archived