Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
aemoreira81

New ways of selling ad space (248 and 8992)

Mmm, I was posting about that on the RTS, saw it on another ENY bus as well. Reminds me of the full side wrap days with the PBLs, little too much ad for me.

Mmm, I was posting about that on the RTS, saw it on another ENY bus as well. Reminds me of the full side wrap days with the PBLs, little too much ad for me.

9112 has it as well. At Fresh Pond, 9583 and 9592 have the same ad type.

Nice shots. The Super King on the C40LF looks great.

The ad on the RTS (don't know the term) though is a bit much.

Great shots though!

Those jumbo super king ads look good to me. Something different in Brooklyn and finally the L shaped ads are now in Brooklyn.

Some NG buses at Grand Avenue are now sporting them

Really nice shots, did u take that pic of 8992 on the B82 Thursday? Because I saw and rode that bus on the 82 around 11:45 or something closer to Ulmer park.

Yes. This was the next trip down.

I saw a couple of RTS's with these ads in Brooklyn last week.  I like these ads a lot & I hope these ads come to all the city buses throughout the city very soon.

I saw a couple of RTS's with these ads in Brooklyn last week.  I like these ads a lot & I hope these ads come to all the city buses throughout the city very soon.

I would assume those ads would be limited to high floor buses.

As I mentioned earlier they look quite overkill, but perhaps because I'm not used to them.

The bigger the ads the more revenue, but the more people will gawk and not pay attention to where they're going too.  Some people are too busy looking at the damn ads and not moving to get on the bus or better yet, looking at the ads while walking in another direction.  <_<

The bigger the ads, the more the revenue I believe no? 

Correction, the more hideous.

Here's to hoping the MTA does not return to those obstructive full bus wraps.

The bigger the ads the more revenue, but the more people will gawk and not pay attention to where they're going too.  Some people are too busy looking at the damn ads and not moving to get on the bus or better yet, looking at the ads while walking in another direction.  <_<

I think you just made up a problem. I don't think people are missing buses because they're looking at advertisements. 

I think you just made up a problem. I don't think people are missing buses because they're looking at advertisements. 

I didn't say they're missing buses... More like they're too preoccupied to get on thus slowing down the process.  The ones not getting on are certainly looking at the ads rather than where they're going.

Just saw a NG from FB with an ad covering one of the window panels towards the middle of the bus (on the lf part). 

That's the L-side ad. Manhattan Division has had that for some time.