West Farms/Jackie Gleason Depots Conspiracy

Micstromme

I was just checking the NYCT Roster and I came across a fascinating discovery- Both the West Farms Depot in Bronx and The Jackie Gleason Depot in Brooklyn have nearly the same amount of buses. At this current moment, there seem to be a swap between these two bus depots. The thing that really seems to get to me is that only the Orion VIIs are getting swapped. Since they have senior citizen RTS', Orion Vs, Articulates, New Flyer and Orion VIIs in the Bronx and currently have about 286 buses, why can't they send over more than just LEDs to Gleason? I for one loved the RTS' when Gleason had them. Ever since the depot went all new technology here in Bklyn, it has went downhill.

Here is the rundown in Brooklyn's Gleason Depot: you have about 20% chance of getting a 5or600, 50% chance of catching a 8or900, and the rest is a catch for the OrionViis.

Why is it that Gleason only have new technology?

I was just checking the NYCT Roster and I came across a fascinating discovery- Both the West Farms Depot in Bronx and The Jackie Gleason Depot in Brooklyn have nearly the same amount of buses. At this current moment, there seem to be a swap between these two bus depots. The thing that really seems to get to me is that only the Orion VIIs are getting swapped. Since they have senior citizen RTS', Orion Vs, Articulates, New Flyer and Orion VIIs in the Bronx and currently have about 286 buses, why can't they send over more than just LEDs to Gleason? I for one loved the RTS' when Gleason had them. Ever since the depot went all new technology here in Bklyn, it has went downhill.

Here is the rundown in Brooklyn's Gleason Depot: you have about 20% chance of getting a 5or600, 50% chance of catching a 8or900, and the rest is a catch for the OrionViis.

Why is it that Gleason only have new technology?

I really don't think the TA want's those New Flyers in the Bronx.

Well, this has been in the plans for the last few years! A friend of mine has mentioned it MANY times...now it's beginning to happen. West Farms and Jackie Gleason are swapping buses. Why? Not so much milage but the fact that how you have an ALL RTS depot, ORION depot, etc. Now, you'll have an ALL (or almost all) NEW FLYER depot (C40LFs and D60HFs) and Jackie Gleason an ALL ORION depot. More than likely, JG would get the upper 7600s (like #7661 or so) to 7819 so West Farms would still have Orions left. It makes sense though. Think about it.

Archived