TA/OA CONSOLIDATION 2013

johandson1955

• 2 weeks later...

When I cleared ealier today another operator told me the same thing. I would like some more info on this myself since I'm TA at a OA depot. I like it at Gun Hill and I live close. Going to Brooklyn is something I would rather not have to do. Does anyone know if there's money in Brooklyn? There's plenty to be made in Gun Hill.

Guys there will be a division meeting next Wednesday 9/25.  I urge you to go to the meeting and hear it from the source directly.  Our fellow operator's treat this news like the telephone game lol.  Contact your depot chair for information regarding the location of the division meeting.

Guys there will be a division meeting next Wednesday 9/25.  I urge you to go to the meeting and hear it from the source directly.  Our fellow operator's treat this news like the telephone game lol.  Contact your depot chair for information regarding the location of the division meeting.

Man its getting real heated now, everyone is on edge and nervous about his whole TA/OA split if it really go down, the sad thing is Im a TA working out of a OA depot and really don't want to go to BK.

I guess i have been under a rock for some time,  but what the hell are you talking about ?

Will that be better or worst as far as pick goes?

And how can they split anything if pick should be posted in Brooklyn depot this week?

I am TA and working  at TA depot

I'm pretty sure that it will not go into effect for the general pick coming up. Like youngblaze said, go to the meeting. I live in Yonkers and don't want to go to Brooklyn or even worse, Staten Island. I'm picking out this year and going to KB. Does anyone know how is Kingsbridge?

I'm pretty sure that it will not go into effect for the general pick coming up. Like youngblaze said, go to the meeting. I live in Yonkers and don't want to go to Brooklyn or even worse, Staten Island. I'm picking out this year and going to KB. Does anyone know how is Kingsbridge?

bring roach spray...

• 3 months later...

Is MTA Bus any good in terms of maintenance?

Depends on what you mean. But still, the answer is probably no. Because most of the guys in MTA Bus are fairly new, they don't know when line supervisors are taking advantage of them or pushing them to far. They do way more work than what is required because they do not know any better.

Depends on what you mean. But still, the answer is probably no. Because most of the guys in MTA Bus are fairly new, they don't know when line supervisors are taking advantage of them or pushing them to far. They do way more work than what is required because they do not know any better.

lol... Is it a crime for them to do their job and do it well? 

lol... Is it a crime for them to do their job and do it well? 

OK, let's say that at your job, your supervisor gives you something to do that is suppose to take the whole day to complete. Everything seems work in your favor so you finish 30 minutes early and you start to put your things away. Your supervisor can see that you are finished your work so he asks you to do him a "favor" and try to complete a second task before the end of the day. If you don't finish the second task you get penalized. If you do happen to finish, they cut the time on the first task (leaving absolutely no room for error) and want you to finish it fast every time. All this while earning less money per hour than a OA/TA guy across town doing the same kind of work, just less of it...do you think that's fair??

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

OK, let's say that at your job, your supervisor gives you something to do that is suppose to take the whole day to complete. Everything seems work in your favor so you finish 30 minutes early and you start to put your things away. Your supervisor can see that you are finished your work so he asks you to do him a "favor" and try to complete a second task before the end of the day. If you don't finish the second task you get penalized. If you do happen to finish, they cut the time on the first task (leaving absolutely no room for error) and want you to finish it fast every time. All this while earning less money per hour than a OA/TA guy across town doing the same kind of work, just less of it...do you think that's fair?? Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

lol... That's a unique situation... What I will say is that I don't do my job based on dollars and cents.  If my boss needs me to come in early or stay late and I can I'll do it for the good of the business.  The problem with the (MTA) is that from what I hear, it isn't appreciated and if you screw up, management will be all over you, so you can't compare the two environments.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived