Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
Burrstone

School safety 101: SLOW DOWN!

http://www.liherald.com/stories/School-safety-101-Slow-down,49607

Couldn't agree more, schools open SLOW DOWN!!!  People fly past schools like it's the indy500 with no concern for the school speed limit, and I have seen multiple people run past the red lights of school buses.  Is it really worth the 2 minutes?  Kids are dumb with their earbuds in looking at their phones when they get off the bus, they think the are indestructible, it is your responsibility to look out for them.  When you hit and kill a kid you will have to wake up every morning of your life thinking about that, will the couple of minutes (if that) be important to you then?  I always hear people on the news crying after they do something stupid (like run over a child) wishing they "could do it over,"  how about think about that BEFORE, not pass a bus with its red lights on, and pay attention in the afternoon with all of the kids running around!

Edited by Burrstone

As a driver, I hate people who passes school buses when they stop and have their signs out..even if going the opposite direction.  I hate people who honk at me when I stop for them too.

I take this seriously i stop for every school bus. I once had someone go around my car and a bus doing its stop. Thank god the kids did not have to cross the street.

I agreed also. I take seriously when I see school bus drivers putting amber light.

I also watch School Bus drivers as well.

I remember in my neighborhood, Jackson Heights, there was one female driver on Small School Bus talking on cell phone with STUDENT IN IT. Only thing she did right way was putting amber light.

I also remember long time ago, maybe few years ago, I was on southbound M4 bus along Broadway near 155th St, which we were travelling behind school bus. That school bus driver in front HALTED IN MIDDLE OF INTERSECTION of 2-way street at 152nd St I think and use AMBER LIGHT. That was bad decision made by school bus driver. Which caused our bus driver to slam on break.

Even School Bus drivers really need to stay focus on road and their children on bus.

I also seen some student in school bus standing on bus, talking loud, even saw they suppose to know School Bus rule.

After watching videos of Operation Lifesaver, I began hunting for School Bus Violation and Traffic that ignores School Bus.

I also remember a few months ago, when I was n20G Flushing bus from Great Neck, around Sanford Av/149th St area by school, n20G bus driver who had to stopped for flashing red light school bus had to honk at motorist who cut the bus off by going oncoming traffic but only to be stop by school bus. That motorist could have caused the great accident to both school bus, NICE Bus and pedestrians walking by.