Did I learn my lesson?

UlmerPark B6

That's the question the Flushing Station Manager asked me. Well the story begins like this........

I got off the (7) train at Flushing, while on my way to play baseball. I was going with my friend, but he wasn't there. So I waited and stared onto the tracks. So the Station Manager comes up and says, "Son, you gotta camera, there?". I said, "No, sir". "I swore I just saw a flash". Then a (7) train comes into the station. The lights flashed off my watch. "See, I saw it again. Are you taking pictures, cause that's against the law". "No, sir. The train's headlights flashed off my watch". "Don't lie to me son, let me see your camera" I didn't have any camera, so I said, "What is there to show, if I don't even got a camera". "Let me see". "Are you blind? Did you not see the train just come in and the lights flashed off my watch?" by that time, I realized i was barking at the guy and he was yellin' back at me. There was a crowd. "Excuse Me?" he said. He was coming towards me about to look throught my baseball equipment. I said, "Excuse me, excuse you. You have no right to search throught my bag, lookin' for something I don't have. Either your blind or you just lookin' for a fight". Then the police came in.

The manager told the officer the story and search through my bag. No camera there. Then i told him the REAL story and he figured out that my watch did cause a flash when the train pulled in. He asked people that was close to me at the time, and they all knew I didn't have the camera. The manager got mad that the officer was on my side. I said to the manager, "See, i had no god-damned camera. Now if you excuse me, I'll be on my way". Then when i was about to leave the manager charged after me but the officer stopped him. The manage called me a "Son of a b****" I replied and said. "That's what you are, bast***. You're a disgrace to your mama.

Well the bottomline is that I was safe, had no camera, and if I ever see him again, I gonna teach him a lesson and a piece of my mind.

QUESTION: Why do you think he saw a flash?

Not station manager, part-time intern?

OK. First of all, I don't recommend cursing at managers or anyone who asks you a question like that. Don't even yell at them. It'll get you into deep trouble like that, even if you are innocent.

Second of all, the manager was wrong on many counts.

1. Assuming you had a camera. It definitely made an a$$ out of him...

2. Yelling and cursing at you even though you said you didn't have a camera. That just shows a lack of dignity and maturity on his part.

3, and most importantly, saying that taking pictures is against the law. Now you're not supposed to take pictures with flash. But taking pictures is perfectly fine, as stated in the rules.

So next time, open your bag, show him that you have no camera, and then make sure to carry the rules so you can stick them in his face. And the real question is, did HE learn his lesson?

OK. First of all, I don't recommend cursing at managers or anyone who asks you a question like that. Don't even yell at them. It'll get you into deep trouble like that, even if you are innocent.

Second of all, the manager was wrong on many counts.

1. Assuming you had a camera. It definitely made an a$$ out of him...

2. Yelling and cursing at you even though you said you didn't have a camera. That just shows a lack of dignity and maturity on his part.

3, and most importantly, saying that taking pictures is against the law. Now you're not supposed to take pictures with flash. But taking pictures is perfectly fine, as stated in the rules.

So next time, open your bag, show him that you have no camera, and then make sure to carry the rules so you can stick them in his face. And the real question is, did HE learn his lesson?

i don't think so, heh i gonna move on..................

That's the question the Flushing Station Manager asked me. Well the story begins like this........

I got off the (7) train at Flushing, while on my way to play baseball. I was going with my friend, but he wasn't there. So I waited and stared onto the tracks. So the Station Manager comes up and says, "Son, you gotta camera, there?". I said, "No, sir". "I swore I just saw a flash". Then a (7) train comes into the station. The lights flashed off my watch. "See, I saw it again. Are you taking pictures, cause that's against the law". "No, sir. The train's headlights flashed off my watch". "Don't lie to me son, let me see your camera" I didn't have any camera, so I said, "What is there to show, if I don't even got a camera". "Let me see". "Are you blind? Did you not see the train just come in and the lights flashed off my watch?" by that time, I realized i was barking at the guy and he was yellin' back at me. There was a crowd. "Excuse Me?" he said. He was coming towards me about to look throught my baseball equipment. I said, "Excuse me, excuse you. You have no right to search throught my bag, lookin' for something I don't have. Either your blind or you just lookin' for a fight". Then the police came in.

The manager told the officer the story and search through my bag. No camera there. Then i told him the REAL story and he figured out that my watch did cause a flash when the train pulled in. He asked people that was close to me at the time, and they all knew I didn't have the camera. The manager got mad that the officer was on my side. I said to the manager, "See, i had no god-damned camera. Now if you excuse me, I'll be on my way". Then when i was about to leave the manager charged after me but the officer stopped him. The manage called me a "Son of a b****" I replied and said. "That's what you are, bast***. You're a disgrace to your mama.

Well the bottomline is that I was safe, had no camera, and if I ever see him again, I gonna teach him a lesson and a piece of my mind.

Doesn't matter of why.....

1. He accused you of doing something you didn't do. He had no right to ask to look into your bag. Managers do not have more power to ask anything a rank and file couldn't ask. He isn't the law, but sometimes that title goes to their heads.

2. Just as so many like to make complaints against the rank and file, complaints can be made against managers too. Heck if you want to complain about the MTA heads, just write to the Govno'r.

3. You did the right thing, cause they need to know how we get treated. In your case though, he deserved it.

Only with the police. Take it from an employee, as long as you aren't employed by TA, no one in MTA, not even G Sanders or Hemmoroid-ding-ding(or whatever his name is) have the right to ask to look through your stuff. The only MTA employees who can ask, is MTA PD. It won't get any fare paying customer into any trouble. Trouble only starts when PD gets involved, and you do not cooperate with them. As for all TA employees, you can tell them to "kiss your a$$", and ain't a damn thing they can do, but take it just like they tell us.

He doesn't have to show him squat, and as a matter of fact, if it wasn't against the law to pull ones wanker out, I would recommend doing that, and telling him just like Degeneration X use to yell. "SUCK IT!!!!" I highly doubt the superintendent or manager learned their lesson. Remember just don't lay a hand on a TA worker, and limit the cursing out of the rank and file workers/supervisors. As for higher ups well, there are a few on here now, but that doesn't matter to me. If they come at you, a fare paying customer like the person above did, they can be told off also. As a fare paying customer you can do that to them too, and take pass numbers also........Managers suppose to set an example for us grown men and grown women, of the rank and file ranks.......

Managers suppose to set an example for us grown men and grown women, of the rank and file ranks.......

And yet we have a rank and file person showing more maturity than a supposed "superior"...

But yeah, now hearing that from an (MTA) employee, take D's advice. And make sure to carry the rules with you at all times (expecially section 1050.9, subsection C)

And yet we have a rank and file person showing more maturity than a supposed "superior"...

But yeah, now hearing that from an (MTA) employee, take D's advice. And make sure to carry the rules with you at all times (expecially section 1050.9, subsection C)

nah don't worry guys, i'm okay. i have the rules printed out but always forget to carry them.

wait sorry i don't remeber it being the station manager. the guy was wearing one of those (MTA) orange-bright vests on and he looked more like a part-time intern. the station manger doesn't wear that. i assumed he was the station manager. man i am so tired and i can't remeber anything clear!

wait sorry i don't remeber it being the station manager. the guy was wearing one of those (MTA) orange-bright vests on and he looked more like a part-time intern. the station manger doesn't wear that. i assumed he was the station manager. man i am so tired and i can't remeber anything clear!

Looks like he's a construction worker for the (MTA). Makes it even better now, because if the manager can't do something like that, he definitely can't do something like that.

Oh, and D, it's Hemmerdinger... although Hemmoroid-ding-ding wouldn't be a bad name for him...

Managers have the vests also. Heck I got one in buses.....If they were dressed nicely, it was most likely a manager. Everyone else wears a unifrom, except MTA construction workers, and they dress like construction workers....

WOW, that's a Zinger, I done gone and put his name through the ringer, I still say if you want, give him the finger, why does my untrusting of management still linger????

Hmph, yeah, I hate the guy too. Giving him the finger won't make me blue. Just because he's a member of the (MTA) board, doesn't mean all these privileges he can hoard. (Free EZ-Pass, anyone?)

I carry (MTA) and (NJT) photo rules & an email from (NJT) with me at all times... 4 copies of each actually.

People try to tell me i can't take photos all the time. I simply tell them i know the rules & thanks for the concern. If a nutcase is gonna blow up part of the subway or something i DOUBT they are gonna want to draw attention to themselves with a ****ing camera taking photos. Psh.

- Andy

Not station manager, part-time intern?

Shame and if this was a mamager THEY should know better...

In Labor Relations they are the first to throw "codes of conducts" in our faces but sometimes i guess its "OK" for them to bend the rules when they see fit when they get on thier power trips..:confused::confused:

We are Professionals down here and we should act the Part.

Hey you say its squashed then it's squashed...

I dont get it, I thought its illegal to take pics on non MTA Services.. Like PATH, NJT and Amtrak, due to 9/11

So I cant even take a flash pic behind the train? where no T/o at? I know T.os dont like being taken, since its a security issue..

I dont get it, I thought its illegal to take pics on non MTA Services.. Like PATH, NJT and Amtrak, due to 9/11

So I cant even take a flash pic behind the train? where no T/o at? I know T.os dont like being taken, since its a security issue..

It's not illegal. Former NJT ED Warrington issued a letter stating it is legal to take pics on NJT. I believe that NYCRR 1050 or something along those lines lays out pic taking rules in the subway. Some employees go on power trips and some don't care as long as you're not causing a problem.

It's not illegal. Former NJT ED Warrington issued a letter stating it is legal to take pics on NJT. I believe that NYCRR 1050 or something along those lines lays out pic taking rules in the subway. Some employees go on power trips and some don't care as long as you're not causing a problem.

Ya, i emailed back and fourth to (NJT) about that. I was saying they should issue a "visitor" permit to people who are doing non-commercial stuff. Like, sign in at the (NJT) police desk or ticket counter, get little doodad and people leave you alone. Now, a more formal process should also be put into place for people doing the camera stuff for $ of course. Maybe NJT station and train personnel could carry some photo passes or something for the transitfans & tourists. It would also allow them to get an idea of how many people there are taking photos! I'm just tired of people giving me a hard time when i'm doing something that brings me great joy, and harms no one. :)

- Andy

Well I know in Path is illegal, since I know a friend of mine got stoped by the PA police, and the cops had to remove his pics of the trains....

As for Flash in the Train in MTA. I always have the flash on, when its dark. and I never got cought, I even seem cops around me and nothing

Well I know in Path is illegal, since I know a friend of mine got stoped by the PA police, and the cops had to remove his pics of the trains....

As for Flash in the Train in MTA. I always have the flash on, when its dark. and I never got cought, I even seem cops around me and nothing

Flash is allowed as long as its part of your camera. What they dont want without permit is stands tripods etc.

- Andy

Flash is allowed as long as its part of your camera. What they dont want without permit is stands tripods etc.

- Andy

Section 1050.9

Part C: Photography, filming or video recording in any facility or conveyance is permitted except that ancillary equipment such as lights, reflectors or tripods may not be used. Members of the press holding valid identification issued by the New York City Police Department are hereby authorized to use necessary ancillary equipment. All photographic activity must be conducted in accordance with the provisions of this Part.

I would think that includes flash. After all, a percieved flash is what got UlmerPark stopped...

Archived