Airport to airport shuttle airplane

That is a great idea but nnowadays with like the check in and stuff it aint worth it

Kidding me?  Even before all the security checks, this is a waste of money.  How much you think they'd have to charge just to compensate the employees, pilots, plane maintenance?  It won't be worth it for a 10 minute at most flight.

AirTrain/Subway and ultimately car/taxi is the best route between these 3 airports.

Or there can just be an air taxi service in the new York city area. One pilot flying a Cessna 172 and that pilot will be me since I'm getting my privaet pilots license soon.

First part of the statement will never happen...ever.  Maybe a private helicopter shuttle service for the rich and mighty but never an airplane shuttle service.

Second part of the statement is on your part and I will not comment on your goals.

No for several reasons:

*Airport to airport buses barely have customers.
*N90 has enough problems, you could easily be delayed long enough to not make taking the plane worth it.
*Anything larger than a Caravan has NO hope of breaking even and passengers are reticent to board the CRJs we have, let alone a puddle jumper.
* The landing and handling fees at JFK/LGA/EWR would be high enough that tickets would be too expensive for anyone to pay especially considering their options.

Try looking up the price of 100LL at any of the 3 airports you mentioned.

• 1 month later...

You guys know this used to happen right?

But it was with helicopters.

Enter New York Airways:

nyawtime7512coverrm_23487.jpg

They used to serve the Metlife Building's helipad in Manhattan.

Until:

On May 16, 1977, the landing gear failed on a Sikorsky S-61L (N619PA) while it was taking on passengers on the roof of the Pan Am Building. The aircraft rolled onto its side. Its spinning rotor blades killed four passengers waiting to board (including movie director Michael Findlay) and injured a fifth. Parts of a broken blade fell into the streets below, killing one pedestrian and injuring another. The accident precipitated the permanent closure of the heliport.[8]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Airways

Archived