Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
overclocked

A day at Salisbury Mills

Last time I went to Port Jervis, I've witnessed something really great, the Moodna Viaduct.

Time to check upon it.

10236664846_078e9a2b17_c.jpg

10236747143_291ce1ea79_c.jpg

10236568884_c8e5d0d195_c.jpg

10236566714_d755f6704a_c.jpg

10236650616_9d68d9902f_c.jpg

Bonus

10236666636_f0240203f8_c.jpg

Enjoy the View

10236658775_7a7b1ff0f6_c.jpg

Thanks

• Upvote 11

Nice shots!

I want to railfan there someday, but between infrequent service and not having a car, I'd say it's next to impossible. (bike?)

• Upvote 1

Nice shots!

I want to railfan there someday, but between infrequent service and not having a car, I'd say it's next to impossible. (bike?)

It took me whole day to get around the area on my feet, in which case the infrequent service was to my advantage.

But yes, with the bike it would have been much easier. I need to get one.

It took me whole day to get around the area on my feet, in which case the infrequent service was to my advantage.

But yes, with the bike it would have been much easier. I need to get one.

What was your vantage point for the third and fourth photos? You look to be quite high up, and there's no parallel road bridge that I know of.

What was your vantage point for the third and fourth photos? You look to be quite high up, and there's no parallel road bridge that I know of.

The third one was taken from the adjacent Denniston Drive, which is pretty high, the fourth one I climbed a tree to get that high.

• Upvote 2

The third one was taken from the adjacent Denniston Drive, which is pretty high, the fourth one I climbed a tree to get that high.

Lol, pretty creative.

The Moodna Viaduct is a really nice place for rail pics, I have to go there someday.

Good job!

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal
  • Upvote 1

IMO, you got to take some risks sometimes, and if you know you can safely do it, well why not?

Not to be confused with YOLO.

Yeah, I understand

I remember running down trying to catch a bus for 2 miles because I was late already going someplace, and this came early. There was also no way I was waiting 30 minutes for the next one.

• Upvote 1