The Blandness of Penn

It's disgusting how folks just lay on the ground like that while waiting for trains at penn.....

But yeah, platform level, penn is rather bland....

lol... There was some report on Fox 5 talking about how Grand Central is more swank than Penn Station.  I've never been fond of Penn Station.  Generally filthy and too many bums hanging around in addition to the grease spoon "restaurants" there.

It's disgusting how folks just lay on the ground like that while waiting for trains at penn.....

But yeah, platform level, penn is rather bland....

Lol, I've seen that everytime I'm in Penn.

Like People dont use the waiting area. 

Sometimes I hate when they sit on the stairs, so unconsiderate.

lol... There was some report on Fox 5 talking about how Grand Central is more swank than Penn Station.  I've never been fond of Penn Station.  Generally filthy and too many bums hanging around in addition to the grease spoon "restaurants" there.

Grand central is FAR more swank than penn... Shit's not even close; it's like comparing grocery shopping at whole foods to going grocery shopping at the co'ner sto' (corner store)...... I still find it funny that the NJT section (waiting area) is drastically nicer than the MTA/Amtrak section/waiting areas in penn.....

Thing with GCT is, they actually close off the other parts (outside of access to the subway).... Similar to PABT (another dump that's just about as bad as penn) & how they close off everything else except for the basement levels & access to it (since that's where all the buses that run during the early morning hrs. pickup at)..... Penn never closes - which is why you have the sheer amt. of bums that call it home....

Lol, I've seen that everytime I'm in Penn.

Like People dont use the waiting area. 

Sometimes I hate when they sit on the stairs, so unconsiderate.

There's a reason for that... For one, that waiting area can't hold all those ppl. waiting for LIRR trains (yes, even during those hrs)... Two, people are too dam drunk to even know there is a waiting area (lol)... Three, you have to show them your ticket just to access the waiting area (the reason for that is to keep the homeless from sleeping inside there)....

The real problem is how penn was constructed (waiting level area).... Compare GCT's main concourse to penn's central corridor/LIRR concourse.... What a joke....

Grand central is FAR more swank than penn... Shit's not even close; it's like comparing grocery shopping at whole foods to going grocery shopping at the co'ner sto' (corner store)...... I still find it funny that the NJT section (waiting area) is drastically nicer than the MTA/Amtrak section/waiting areas in penn.....

Thing with GCT is, they actually close off the other parts (outside of access to the subway).... Similar to PABT (another dump that's just about as bad as penn) & how they close off everything else except for the basement levels & access to it (since that's where all the buses that run during the early morning hrs. pickup at)..... Penn never closes - which is why you have the sheer amt. of bums that call it home....

There's a reason for that... For one, that waiting area can't hold all those ppl. waiting for LIRR trains (yes, even during those hrs)... Two, people are too dam drunk to even know there is a waiting area (lol)... Three, you have to show them your ticket just to access the waiting area (the reason for that is to keep the homeless from sleeping inside there)....

The real problem is how penn was constructed (waiting level area).... Compare GCT's main concourse to penn's central corridor/LIRR concourse.... What a joke....

lol... That's funny... I think whenever I use the LIRR, I get there with just enough to spare... Same thing with NJT trains at Penn... Enough time to get the ticket and run to the train which usually means not too much waiting around.  Seems like it's been an eyesore to everybody and there are plans to re-do Penn Station.  I can't believe it's been that way this many years with the Rangers being right there too.

Archived