System Pick

Rob0922

Just transferred to Flatbush Depot from Ulmer Park. Hoping to go back to Ulmer at the next System Pick. Picked yesterday and will now be on a work run on the B44.

I hope that if there are other members who picked out or were "bumped" they will respond with their thoughts.(MTA)

]

Just transferred to Flatbush Depot from Ulmer Park. Hoping to go back to Ulmer at the next System Pick. Picked yesterday and will now be on a work run on the B44.

I hope that if there are other members who picked out or were "bumped" they will respond with their thoughts.(MTA)

]

Damn now it's bumper to bumper driving the B44. Hope you get the B44 Limited.

]

The 44 is a fun run!!

Thank God I went straight out of the classroom to Queens because if I had to do Bklyn I most likely would have resigned.

At least with the Xtra list we can pick our work not be told what we are doing. ;)

Most BK B/O's get to pick their runs like everyone else.

]

Oh noes you got the B44 the worst route to work outta flatbush depot!! The route moves pretty good south of flatbush junction but north its slow esp south bound towards knapp st/avenue U.

The best routes to work outta flatbush depot is the B2/B31.

Oh noes you got the B44 the worst route to work outta flatbush depot!! The route moves pretty good south of flatbush junction but north its slow esp south bound towards knapp st/avenue U.

Yeah the northern portion may be slow, but I think it's a fun run. (Off peak that is!)

I re-read this a couple of times... what you're trying to convey is still unclear to me....

how can a northbound B44 head south towards knapp st?

I will say, south of the junction, the B44 does tend to pick up *some* speed.... I agree w/ you there...

Traveling from sheepshead bay TO the junction, the B44 does crawl...

was that the point you were making in that statement?

I re-read this a couple of times... what you're trying to convey is still unclear to me....

how can a northbound B44 head south towards knapp st?

I will say, south of the junction, the B44 does tend to pick up *some* speed.... I agree w/ you there...

Traveling from sheepshead bay TO the junction, the B44 does crawl...

was that the point you were making in that statement?

A knapp st bound B44 north of flatbush junction crawls.. But south of flatbush juntion the route picks up speed and vise vesa the other way.

The point i was trying to make is that the B44 is faster south of the junction wheres its slower north of the junction..... Catch my drift?

Hey CPBO how many B/O's you have over there?

How many express runs do you have and whats the latest they run?

Ill be honest I love the MCI's and we only have the X51 and catching that run is few and far for a guy w my seniority.I only have caught it when it pays a straight 40 so the senior guys are all ablout the $$$ runs.Plus there are senior guys who refuse to cross bridges or go thru tunnels.

If I had to pick Bklyn or SI outta the classroom I would have picked SI as the express odds are higher.

The point i was trying to make is that the B44 is faster south of the junction wheres its slower north of the junction.....

I figured that's what you might have meant....

now that that's cleared up...

Speed? On a Brooklyn route? LOLpoint.gif

You haven't seen speed until you've ridden the S40.

been there, done that...

speed, slight increase in mph, you get my point.

stop trying to incite an argument.

Hey CPBO how many B/O's you have over there?

How many express runs do you have and whats the latest they run?

Incredible......we got the QM1, QM1A, QM2, QM2A QM3, Qm4. I love dealing with the local lines.....Manhattan......they can keep it!! We probably got 500 or so BO's in the garage......I need about 50 of the older guys to move on so I can start picking something alittle better!! so MTA give us a contract already!!

(MTA)

A word for the S40, bug. S89 took the crown in terms of speed. If you run into the right driver, you're going to have a fun ride.

Well in terms of speed, in Brooklyn, it's usually faster when you travel next to a highway, like the b44, B6, and B4. The B6 tends to go 40 or 50 (if the driver is, you know..............)mph. The b44 usually goes fast too... the B4 use to go very fast but now the JG took over.

Well in terms of speed, in Brooklyn, it's usually faster when you travel next to a highway, like the b44, B6, and B4. The B6 tends to go 40 or 50 (if the driver is, you know..............)mph. The b44 usually goes fast too... the B4 use to go very fast but now the JG took over.

Alright, well, I got three letters, one number, and three words for you: QBx1 for the win!

Ill be honest I love the MCI's and we only have the X51 and catching that run is few and far for a guy w my seniority.I only have caught it when it pays a straight 40 so the senior guys are all ablout the $$$ runs.

It's always that way. When i was in buses, I knew if a good line was left open, that means it doesn't pay, and/or is usually late.......

I love dealing with the local lines.....Manhattan......they can keep it!!

(MTA)

I wholeheartedly agree. Keep away from Manhattan was my motto, that is why I never picked a Manhattan depot, when I was in OA.

It's always that way. When i was in buses, I knew if a good line was left open, that means it doesn't pay, and/or is usually late.......

I wholeheartedly agree. Keep away from Manhattan was my motto, that is why I never picked a Manhattan depot, when I was in OA.

You was always on the M100!!!!!

You was always on the M100!!!!!

1 pick only, and that's upper Manhattan, which is more Bronxesque. That one ran out of a Bronx division depot, as you already know..... 125st is the only bad part on that line, and B'way near the GWB on some Fridays....

So I have a question that's been on my mind for some time.... Why the heck is Amsterdam not a Manhattan Division Depot???

The way I see it: Amsterdam is in the Bronx Division, so people can't say the Divison gets the short end of stick with buses. If they made AMS a Manhattan Depot, the MTA would actually have to listen to Bronx residents complaints and give Kingsbridge and Gun Hill low floor Hybrids like they should have already done by now. :D

Real reason: AMS was always a Bx Division depot. at one point its Bx routes outnumbered the Manhattan routes. Not that it really matter but MCH which was AMS is replacing was a Bx Division Depot. MCH had more Bronx routes like AMS at one point. Besides AMS is only going to be open for maybe another 8 months. Now when MCH reopens it needs to be a Manhattan Division Depot. KB's better for the BX32 and it doesn't matter where the 33 comes from.

Archived