Transit Workers join forces for missing teen

Mtatransit

Well thanks for the clarification on the memes, I guess I over thought the message behind them. As for the boy from the comments as per Raymond kelly and the NYPD's assesment of this worsening situation, this child is most likely not alive, at this point as many said we are looking for a dead body now. I can't even explain the intense anxiety his loved ones must be feeling as of now, to say the least.

Well aside from the points made in terms of City Hall liability from an agency (i.e NYDOE) and their f**k up, this grim news now supersedes everything as far as selective publicity on missing children is concerned. Now I am looking at this subjectively and am sympathetic to the family of this child let alone my hopes that this child is still alive.

I think the biggest f**k up here is that they waited an entire WEEK before they had train crews start making missing person announcements. Last night a 66 year old Indian woman who does not speak English went missing, last seen on an (F) train departing Ave X a couple hours ago. They didn't waste any time broadcasting that one out.

Well, apparently the family was "shocked" that Ray Kelly made those comments...

Look.. I get the fact that the family wants to keep hope of him being found alive.. but look at the realistic side. He's been missing for weeks without a single trace. No spotting, no body, no sign at all. If someone wanted him for ransom, all they had to do is give him back to the family and collect their $70K no questions asked. Be real. The kid is most likely dead already. I don't think the NYPD can continue dedicating so many resources to finding just one boy for much longer.

I think the biggest f**k up here is that they waited an entire WEEK before they had train crews start making missing person announcements. Last night a 66 year old Indian woman who does not speak English went missing, last seen on an (F) train departing Ave X a couple hours ago. They didn't waste any time broadcasting that one out.

The way I look at this it's the NYDOE that is responsible for this, they should have known that they had a situation with a missing child from school, which is an incredibly stupid oversight. Plus they cannot just allow a child with special needs to leave without a parental guardian or paraprofessional present. I think that's the biggest mistake made here. This is why the City of New York is shitting bricks over the legal implications of this. I'm suprised Chancellor Dennis Walcott didnt resign yet or people fired because of this. The family had every damn right to sue the NYDOE.

Well, apparently the family was "shocked" that Ray Kelly made those comments...

Look.. I get the fact that the family wants to keep hope of him being found alive.. but look at the realistic side. He's been missing for weeks without a single trace. No spotting, no body, no sign at all. If someone wanted him for ransom, all they had to do is give him back to the family and collect their $70K no questions asked. Be real. The kid is most likely dead already. I don't think the NYPD can continue dedicating so many resources to finding just one boy for much longer.

The child can also be in the hands of a predator. Which is another possibility. Unfortunately many cases of missing children disappearing from school turns into a case of kidnapping and rape. I'm sure the NYPD detectives are considering this as a possibility in regards to what happened to this child.

I'm an optimistic person, so maybe that's what's behind my thinking, but I still think he's alive. Where he is and what his situation is, I obviously have no clue nor will I speculate. It's just that I don't think the parents would say that without actually believing it. They seem like realistic people and if they thought he was dead, they'd probably say it. After all, why would they want the city to continue to spend resources on a hopeless situation? I've seen some comments from a few days ago regarding why this particular case is getting so much attention and what I would say without ruffling any feathers here is: why not? There aren't many mute autistic kids who are railfans or transit enthusiasts and while I know he isn't the only kid of his kind in the city in regards to his condition, I think this could be to raise awareness in a very sad way. You can bet that if he's found dead or alive, there will be changes as to how kids of his nature are handled in schools. I wouldn't even be shocked if laws were created(what they are, I have no idea). I guess I wish people here wouldn't question why so many resources are being put into this. In a way, this is like Trayvon in that it's become(this i'm comfortable assuming) a national story and while the circumstances are totally different, they're the same in regards to outpouring, i'm sure. My point is that before you question why the (MTA) is doing what they are, remember that in a way Avonte is our child, too, just like Trayvon was. I remember seeing a flyer for a prayer service for Trayvon at the church on University and Fordham by the Bx3. Those are the comparisons and this is how I feel.

I hope we could find him no matter, alive body or dead body.

Speaking off him, I got harassed by NICE Driver at Great Neck for taking picture of her bus around 19:00 and if Anvote was taking picture of bus, she will scream at him, but I don't think he'll understand her words.

I hope we could find him no matter, alive body or dead body.

Speaking off him, I got harassed by NICE Driver at Great Neck for taking picture of her bus around 19:00 and if Anvote was taking picture of bus, she will scream at him, but I don't think he'll understand her words.

Not to get off-topic, but I got yelled at, followed and threatened to do it(report them) at 126th and 2nd by a security guard and a couple of workers for also taking some pictures.

Not to get off-topic, but I got yelled at, followed and threatened to do it(report them) at 126th and 2nd by a security guard and a couple of workers for also taking some pictures.

I hope you wasn't standing in front of the depot itself...

I hope you wasn't standing in front of the depot itself...

126th St Depot doesn't bother me when I take picture because I helped them with SBS many times.

I usually transfer between M60 and M15 SBS at 125th-126th Sts/2nd Av and dispatchers knows me I take picture.

Back to topic, I see Anvonte fliers in every language including Japanese.

I'm an optimistic person, so maybe that's what's behind my thinking, but I still think he's alive. Where he is and what his situation is, I obviously have no clue nor will I speculate. It's just that I don't think the parents would say that without actually believing it. They seem like realistic people and if they thought he was dead, they'd probably say it. After all, why would they want the city to continue to spend resources on a hopeless situation? I've seen some comments from a few days ago regarding why this particular case is getting so much attention and what I would say without ruffling any feathers here is: why not? There aren't many mute autistic kids who are railfans or transit enthusiasts and while I know he isn't the only kid of his kind in the city in regards to his condition, I think this could be to raise awareness in a very sad way. You can bet that if he's found dead or alive, there will be changes as to how kids of his nature are handled in schools. I wouldn't even be shocked if laws were created(what they are, I have no idea). I guess I wish people here wouldn't question why so many resources are being put into this. In a way, this is like Trayvon in that it's become(this i'm comfortable assuming) a national story and while the circumstances are totally different, they're the same in regards to outpouring, i'm sure. My point is that before you question why the (MTA) is doing what they are, remember that in a way Avonte is our child, too, just like Trayvon was. I remember seeing a flyer for a prayer service for Trayvon at the church on University and Fordham by the Bx3. Those are the comparisons and this is how I feel.

They don't have much of a choice but to hold out hope.  

In that article's comment section some people are speculating its a conspiracy theory about this kid, basically that this kid's parents know where hes at, but there pretending he's missing so they could sue the city and get a quick payday. I normally don't believe in conspiracy theories, but this one is fairly believable to me...

In that article's comment section some people are speculating its a conspiracy theory about this kid, basically that this kid's parents know where hes at, but there pretending he's missing so they could sue the city and get a quick payday. I normally don't believe in conspiracy theories, but this one is fairly believable to me...

I would be willing to believe it too.  However, autistic children have a tendency to run away, hence why they must always be supervised and not left alone, and from what I've heard, there was some sort of ruckus going on in the school that may have frightened him and that could've been why he ran out.  I don't see how the parents could know where he is when they had no idea where he ran off to, especially since the school waited almost an hour to notify the parents about the situation.

Let's put the blame where it should be placed at.  He should've never been able to walk out of the classroom in the first place and then once the security guard knew that he was in the halls unattended, instead of making sure that he was back in class, security just told him to go back to class, which obviously didn't happen and he was able to walk out of the school with no security guard at the unlocked side door. 

I would be willing to believe it too.  However, autistic children have a tendency to run away, hence why they must always be supervised and not left alone, and from what I've heard, there was some sort of ruckus going on in the school that may have frightened him and that could've been why he ran out.  I don't see how the parents could know where he is when they had no idea where he ran off to, especially since the school waited almost an hour to notify the parents about the situation.

Let's put the blame where it should be placed at.  He should've never been able to walk out of the classroom in the first place and then once the security guard knew that he was in the halls unattended, instead of making sure that he was back in class, security just told him to go back to class, which obviously didn't happen and he was able to walk out of the school with no security guard at the unlocked side door. 

Exactly where I stand on this from the day this incident occurred as well. 

I have seen how careless and lax some of the civil servants in the NYDOE can be, excluding the hard working teachers themselves. It's really the security officers and the principal who needs to take responsibility for this. It's their duty to ensure the safety of children of the schools. They failed miserably to ensure that for the sake of the child and family involved. The parents have a clear ethical basis to sue the city agency for this.

As for the rumors we are seeing surfacing on the net, we will have to leave that up to speculation. I am looking for facts and I know you are too.

Archived