Transit Workers join forces for missing teen

Mtatransit

Exactly where I stand on this from the day this incident occurred as well. 

I have seen how careless and lax some of the civil servants in the NYDOE can be, excluding the hard working teachers themselves. It's really the security officers and the principal who needs to take responsibility for this. It's their duty to ensure the safety of children of the schools. They failed miserably to ensure that for the sake of the child and family involved. The parents have a clear ethical basis to sue the city agency for this.

As for the rumors we are seeing surfacing on the net, we will have to leave that up to speculation. I am looking for facts and I know you are too.

I think people are buying into these rumors solely because the NYPD has been searching for this kid for about a month now, which under normal circumstances, probably wouldn't happen.  What people don't get is, the NYDOE f*cked up and so the city is trying to save face by doing everything possible to find this kid.  Considering that it was the city's fault in the first place, it would be in their best interest to find this kid and at least look like they give a damn, since we all know that this family will be suing the city regardless of the outcome.

Exactly where I stand on this from the day this incident occurred as well. 

I have seen how careless and lax some of the civil servants in the NYDOE can be, excluding the hard working teachers themselves. It's really the security officers and the principal who needs to take responsibility for this. It's their duty to ensure the safety of children of the schools. They failed miserably to ensure that for the sake of the child and family involved. The parents have a clear ethical basis to sue the city agency for this.

As for the rumors we are seeing surfacing on the net, we will have to leave that up to speculation. I am looking for facts and I know you are too.

Administration at nearly all city schools is bloated; for some reason, when budgets are down, everything gets cut except administration staff. I know that copy paper is now rationed out at schools (teachers are only allowed to Xerox a certain amount of sheets), yet there is certainly room to cut within administrations, which only seem to get bigger every year.

Echoing others that fault lies with the Department of Education I'd be more than willing to bet that anything in relation to conspiracies could very be perpetuated by NYCDOE employees other other higher up themselves.

Administration at nearly all city schools is bloated; for some reason, when budgets are down, everything gets cut except administration staff. I know that copy paper is now rationed out at schools (teachers are only allowed to Xerox a certain amount of sheets), yet there is certainly room to cut within administrations, which only seem to get bigger every year.

Totally true.My English class couldn't get study sheets for a test because our teacher had already used his ration...

I think people are buying into these rumors solely because the NYPD has been searching for this kid for about a month now, which under normal circumstances, probably wouldn't happen.  What people don't get is, the NYDOE f*cked up and so the city is trying to save face by doing everything possible to find this kid.  Considering that it was the city's fault in the first place, it would be in their best interest to find this kid and at least look like they give a damn, since we all know that this family will be suing the city regardless of the outcome.

Read my long post a page or two back as to why you're totally wrong.

Those of us that ride the (E) and (F), keep an extra eye open today, just in case! They say that picture was taken on the (E) or (F)

The picture was taken by a 13 year old boy and he asked the kid sitting down if he was Avonte and got a stare with no response. That picture was on the (F) at West 4th Street.

In that article's comment section some people are speculating its a conspiracy theory about this kid, basically that this kid's parents know where hes at, but there pretending he's missing so they could sue the city and get a quick payday. I normally don't believe in conspiracy theories, but this one is fairly believable to me...

Why?

Why is that believable?

I have never heard of such a thing.

Can you explain?

Why?

Why is that believable?

I have never heard of such a thing.

Can you explain?

Because they might want money....

People go crazy over money....

Overall I think he ran out of school on his own for whatever reason and fell into a body of water nearby, but the tin foil hat theory is not that far fetched to me....

I had a dream last night that just woke me up where I was watching the news and they said they found Avonte. The weird thing is I haven't given this thing any thought for a week. If it's like any of my other "special" dreams, it will come true despite not finishing which leaves two possibilities. He WILL be found, But the question is, and I hope so: Will he be found alive?

Attention, all transit fans:

Yesterday's facebook page from Bring Avonte Home.

LOOK UP TOMORROW! A generous friend of Bring Avonte Home has arranged for a plane to carry a banner over Queens with the message: "BRING AVONTE OQUENDO HOME 1-800-577-TIPS"! The banner will fly over the East River and Queens tomorrow, Sunday, November 10th between 1:00 & 2:00 PM. If you are in the area, look up! Take pictures and share on social media to keep Avonte's story out there! Spread the word! Thank you all for your continued support.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/queens/arm-washes-queens-article-1.1582711

:(

I guess this narrows it down to either he fell in the water by mistake or someone kidnapped him and well..

If he was found at the very least that's one burden off of the parents mind. Still a disappointing scene nonetheless.

Archived