R32 Retiring Soon (Feel free to add photos & videos)

Daniel The Cool

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope! The MTA has been getting rid of way too many R32s at the moment.....

The can probably last 2009, only the beginning of it, but not 2010.

Well maybe not 2010. But the R32 will retire in 2009 like in the summer or in the winter.

if you go to the 207th street yard you will see scrapped R32's,i got it on camera,i forgot what numbers where they

Enough talk, make mit the pics!! :(

Here are four; now you post moar :D

why in black and white? put them in color,love th photos especcially the (N) ones,man i miss them on the (N):D if only they still ran on the (N) line

if you go to the 207th street yard you will see scrapped R32's,i got it on camera,i forgot what numbers where they

why in black and white? put them in color,love th photos especcially the (N) ones,man i miss them on the (N):( if only they still ran on the (N) line

It's called, originality.

Nope! The MTA has been getting rid of way too many R32s at the moment.....

The can probably last 2009, only the beginning of it, but not 2010.

By 2009 assuming 80 R160s arrive a month that would be 960 R160's.

So yeah another year or two. Gotta wait during the current months for more new cars.

R-32, R-38, R40M and R42 are the oldest of the fleet which are all scheduled to be retired. The R42's will be last (non coney island rebuilds) which explains why they moved a few to the (E).

The same number of R32's seem to be on the lines as far as the naked eye can tell. Which means those junked R32's are probably the Phase 2 cars which are being agressively removed finally and as more R160's come in more cars will be junked each and every month continuously.

In 2009 we will have a much younger fleet of cars in the mix. I bet alot of the oldest cars in the fleet are the cars which are breaking down now.

why in black and white? put them in color,love th photos especcially the (N) ones,man i miss them on the (N):D if only they still ran on the (N) line

LOL, well the first shot is a color photo, just a grey, rainy day. I like black and white and the lines of the R32 lend themselves to that expression.

Hey hey hey, don't talk Fred and his use of black & white in photos. :(

Haha, thanks, Pablo :D

Archived