R32 Retiring Soon (Feel free to add photos & videos)

Daniel The Cool

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Last R32 would run in 2013, Not all R32's are going only the Phase II's, The Phase I's would be the Last to Retire, The R179 order is going to replace R32 Phase I and R44, The Option order II of the R160's Are off the Table so If The (E) gets New cars The (E) and The (N) or (Q) would make a Trade, The (E) would get the R160's from coney island and The R179 would be on the (N),(Q) or (W) along with the Rest of the R160A/B's

The Last R32 would run in 2013, Not all R32's are going only the Phase II's, The Phase I's would be the Last to Retire, The R179 order is going to replace R32 Phase I and R44, The Option order II of the R160's Are off the Table so If The (E) gets New cars The (E) and The (N) or (Q) would make a Trade, The (E) would get the R160's from coney island and The R179 would be on the (N),(Q) or (W) along with the Rest of the R160A/B's

Ha, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Your right about an R32 lasting til 2013, in the museum fleet. Your right that the last R32s in service, will be Phase Is. Lasting til 2013 in service, I doubt it. Lots of 32s are going now. If the MTA decides, once it gets rid of another crap load of R32s, stop dumping R32s and leave the last few sets around for a while, we'll see. Now, we don't know if they decide to fill up the (E) with R160s after they get the (F) filled up, and that other line, but again, R160s could show up on the (E), but very few. If, with the R179s they decide to assign them to Coney Island, we shall see. Theres nothing set in stone about where the R179s are going yet, MTA is still speculating that, and they're still trying to get the specs for the R179 in order so they can put a contract out for bidding.

Now, we don't know if they decide to fill up the (E) with R160s after they get the (F) filled up, and that other line, but again, R160s could show up on the (E), but very few. If, with the R179s they decide to assign them to Coney Island, we shall see. Theres nothing set in stone about where the R179s are going yet, MTA is still speculating that, and they're still trying to get the specs for the R179 in order so they can put a contract out for bidding.

The R179 is most likely going to Pitkin and Jamaica yard since they run the oldest cars. And I doubt R160s are going to the (E), there's only going to be 5-7 sets running at most on the (F) since those R160s will be based out of Ave. X, not Jamaica.

The R42 has one more year to stay on the J/Z lines and when the R160 takeover the all the J/Z lines in 2009 the the R42 will 100% compelety run on the (A),(C),(E),and some on the (F) and (R) to replace the R32 and R38 but that will happen in 2009. For now the R42 run on on the (A),(E),(J) and (Z) and the R32 and R38 are in service still. the R40M has one more year to stay (D) and (Q) and when the R68/R68A takeover the (D) and the R160 takeover the (Q) the the R40M will 100% compelety run on the (A),(:( and (C) only. But for now the R40M runs on the (A),(B),(D) and (Q).

The R42 has one more year to stay on the J/Z lines and when the R160 takeover the all the J/Z lines in 2009 the the R42 will 100% compelety run on the (A),(C),(E),and some on the (F) and (R) to replace the R32 and R38 but that will happen in 2009. For now the R42 run on on the (A),(E),(J) and (Z) and the R32 and R38 are in service still. the R40M has one more year to stay (D) and (Q) and when the R68/R68A takeover the (D) and the R160 takeover the (Q) the the R40M will 100% compelety run on the (A),(B) and (C) only. But for now the R40M runs on the (A),(B),(D) and (Q).

Its a good thing you realize thats what you think....

Yes!! RFW on the brighton line!!:(:D:D

HA! Barely a RFW ride. Only between DeKalb and Propect Park....

The RFW view via Whitehall tunnel is interesting though if you don't get shafted by an (R) train, which most of the time, if its in the area, they'll give the priority to.....

The R42 has one more year to stay on the J/Z lines and when the R160 takeover the all the J/Z lines in 2009 the the R42 will 100% compelety run on the (A),(C),(E),and some on the (F) and (R) to replace the R32 and R38 but that will happen in 2009. For now the R42 run on on the (A),(E),(J) and (Z) and the R32 and R38 are in service still. the R40M has one more year to stay (D) and (Q) and when the R68/R68A takeover the (D) and the R160 takeover the (Q) the the R40M will 100% compelety run on the (A),(:( and (C) only. But for now the R40M runs on the (A),(B),(D) and (Q).

The constant evolution of the subway system. Others have said the (F) will get R160 and the (J) could be all R160 by September I thought I read.

More old subway cars will be trashed though as we head to 2009.

• 2 weeks later...
To see a R32 now is going to be rare.... There are only 2 sets left running in service and they will be reefed at their next scheduled inspection.

Are you sure about that? There's still plenty of R32s out there on the (E), (R), and (F)... as far as I know, but I haven't been to the city in about a month.

Archived