R32 Retiring Soon (Feel free to add photos & videos)

Daniel The Cool

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
To see a R32 now is going to be rare.... There are only 2 sets left running in service and they will be reefed at their next scheduled inspection.

There are not two sets of R32s left. There are many more. Saw two on the (R), and one on the (F) yesterday. Jamaica still has a number of R32s assigned and in service.

ok.. just because theyre in the yard doesnt mean they are in service. We have a bunch of R40m and R44 thats been sitting in our yard for almost a year now that hasnt moved.. We also use a good amount of R12s to trolley cars around the yard that have dead motors.

So you're only talking about the R32 cars at Pitkin Yard? There is no way R32s are all being reefed at once at Jamaica.

I ride the F constantly and can say the R32's are still in service and are not going anywhere. The only thing happening is the Move from Phase 2 to Phase 1.

If R160 does make it soon to the (F) then they will likely take the place of a few R32's on the line making (F) R160 and R46 eventually.

Between (E)(F)(G)(R)(V) the R32 Phase I's will be on in full glory.

R32 Phase I's have quite a few years left.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
From what I heard it will be R40M or R42 will retire last.

and from what i heard, the general public hates the R42s, so if (NYCT) wants to satisfy its riders, which i highly doubt they will, they should get rid of those rusted tin cans first. seriously, R32s have a slightly higher MDBF than the R42s, but i was told R40 slants and R38s have the highest and yet, they are going first.

From what I heard it will be R40M or R42 will retire last.

The R40M's will retire along with the slants since they are the same, Then The R42's will go, The Pulblic do hates the R42's, The R42's are having a lot of problems and they have cause the (E) line Hell, The Phase II R32's were doing better than the R42's and the TA has realized that they made a big Mistake by retireing the Phase II R32's, The R42's were only supposed to be on The (F) and (R) lines leaving the (E) with R32's but the (F) Supt. did not want those R42's on the (F) at all, The (E)/(F) supt. had a hudge aurgument over the R42's and R32's, The Final agreement was made to put them on The (E) and due to the fact the passengers complaining and now they do regret complaining about the R32's, That's how it all started, So The R42's and R40M's are only used on the (E)/®, The (F) is the only line that is using R32's, The (E) and (R) has a set of R32's also, When The (F) gets R160's the (E) will not be 100% R160 yet, The (F) will get them to knock out the R32's to pitkin to retire the R38's.

that won't happen.

u and i have a lot in common. you said on RD that you would avoid the R32s as much as possible just like how i avoid the R42s and R44s as much as i can, by not riding the (A)(E). does that mean you will avoid the (C)? your excuse for wanting the R32s to go first is poor. saying a car needs to retire just because it is old is like saying you want everyone to die at a certain age. i have good reasons why i despise the R42s and R44s and they are pretty much the same reasons why the general public hates them.

The good news is that there are hardly any 32's on the E line.

that is totally bad news. i used to love the (E) since it was the only line using those cars. now i avoid it as much as i can unless i am lucky enough to catch that R32 or R160. i hate the R42s just like everyone else does.

Archived