Mexico has a Drug-smuggling Rail Tunnel.

CenSin

"U.S. officials release video showing cross border tunnel between the United States and Mexico in which large stashes of cocaine and marijuana were confiscated. Roselle Chen reports."

See video: http://news.yahoo.com/video/officials-detail-findings-mexico-drug-014253901.html

We should give them citizenship, forgive their crimes, and have them build out our subway. It would cost a hundredth as much and built ten times faster. Their drug-smuggling rail even has its own ventilation, power, and CBTC!

Quite honestly this is nothing new, to me anyway. As it is there is an extensive network of these tunnels, but it's only now that these newly built tunnels are equipped with lighting, ventilation, etc.

Part of the reason is that there are people willing to pay for these "amenities" rather than find another way to export into the US.

This is why we need the military stationed on the boarders. Just insane the things those cartels do to get into the US.

I know you said that as sarcasm, but to a degree you have a point. They can do a good job more quickly than what workers here does.

National Guard and Border Patrol do that already. And yet, they can't even stop the cartels.

If there's a will, there's a way. That is why the government should be looking into the source of the problem, instead of focusing on the effects.

It's a big border and even the politicians are afraid of stricter measures in fear they'd offend the hispanic voters. That's why it seems like they aren't doing enough down there. Then there's been some cases where there's been kidnappings of US citizens for ransom etc.

Well the issue is deep in Mexico. Troops should be taken out of: Germany and Afghanistan and deployed in Mexico or perhaps up the drone usage here since they seem to be doing a good job killing al quaeda leaders in the mid east.

I know you said that as sarcasm, but to a degree you have a point. They can do a good job more quickly than what workers here does.

Then you know it wasn't sarcasm. If they had an honest job building for the public good, would they be risking their lives selling drugs for the same amount of money? If they won't employ these people and grant them conditional citizenship, at least get Mexico to figure out what to do with their talent. These people, as described by the article, are very industrious.

I was really refraining from commenting on the issue directly, but I think it's due.

It's a big border and even the politicians are afraid of stricter measures in fear they'd offend the hispanic voters. That's why it seems like they aren't doing enough down there. Then there's been some cases where there's been kidnappings of US citizens for ransom etc.

Well the issue is deep in Mexico. Troops should be taken out of: Germany and Afghanistan and deployed in Mexico or perhaps up the drone usage here since they seem to be doing a good job killing al quaeda leaders in the mid east.

First, I'm going to have to disagree. The main reason that no politician is taking affirmative action is because it would be considered by many as a scapegoat to focus attention from the main conflict taking place over in West Asia. Granted you do have a point in that Hispanics and Latinos would be offended, but I'm sure a good portion of other ethnic groups would be split on the issue as well.

Second, complete disagreement with the next point. We (as a nation) should not risk harming innocent citizens of other nations, regardless of the circumstances. We shouldn't be doing in in nations across the Atlantic and we should not begin to do it in neighboring Mexico. As a more developed nation we should show restraint whenever possible, and lead be encouraging peaceful tactics.

Then you know it wasn't sarcasm. If they had an honest job building for the public good, would they be risking their lives selling drugs for the same amount of money? If they won't employ these people and grant them conditional citizenship, at least get Mexico to figure out what to do with their talent. These people, as described by the article, are very industrious.

It wouldn't fly, partially because it would be considered an exploitation of labor by many U.S. Citizens (semi ironic considering the mass amount of US-MX work visas issued, nevermind the percentage of the workforce considered illegal) but mainly the corrupt government of Mexico bother to entertain the idea.

Kind of off topic but our country should have annexed and took over Mexico back in 1848 when we could have. This is due to the fact that the southern border of Mexico is much smaller so it would have been easier to defend and we wouldn't have the problems we have today due to the fact that we certainly would have absorbed the population..........

Kind of off topic but our country should have annexed and took over Mexico back in 1848 when we could have. This is due to the fact that the southern border of Mexico is much smaller so it would have been easier to defend and we wouldn't have the problems we have today due to the fact that we certainly would have absorbed the population..........

Are you forgetting the the anti-imperialist movement that started after the U.S attempted to annex Cuba in an unsuccessful attempt.

Nevermind that, do you think the United States of Mexico (major misnomer, but I digress) would give up their national sovereignty?

Archived