Yet another shooting: this time in NJ

mfs NJT459

Very disturbing... I like shopping at this mall and have been there on Monday nights as well.  No place is safe anymore.  It was even more disturbing that he exited out of Nordstrom.  More of the high end stores being the scene for these crazy incidents.  There was a robbery at a high end store on the Upper East Side recently as well.  

Damn it. These stories just keep getting weirder and weirder.

Must be more f**king NRA members...

Buddy, I hope that was a joke...

Gun control does not work. Notice how this happened in a state with some of the strictest gun control in the country, as with most if not all of the other tragic shootouts we've seen recently. CT, CA, CO, NJ, all have extremely strict gun control yet these shootings still went on. Just gotta be glad this one didn't turn out nearly as tragic as the other ones, with no one injured or killed aside from the gunman.

Makes me question the excessively tough gun laws in NJ...

+9899 to you.

Gun control does not work. Notice how this happened in a state with some of the strictest gun control in the country, as with most if not all of the other tragic shootouts we've seen recently. CT, CA, CO, NJ, all have extremely strict gun control yet these shootings still went on. Just gotta be glad this one didn't turn out nearly as tragic as the other ones, with no one injured or killed aside from the gunman.

+9899 to you.

Ummm I don't think Turbo was joking with that post. He was actually serious about the need for a further push on gun control laws so that these sort of mass shootings does not continue to occur at the expense of innocent lives.

On the same token states with lenient regulation invite all sorts of conflict. As in all aspects of this country there must be a sufficient amount of regulation to keep the status quo at bay.

If it were a bit more difficult to acquire a firearm license I might feel different, but some of these people I don't even confide in operating a vehicle.

Ummm I don't think Turbo was joking with that post. He was actually serious about the need for a further push on gun control laws so that these sort of mass shootings does not continue to occur at the expense of innocent lives.

There is no "need" for anything that won't stop incidents like these. What we need to do is improve our mental health systems which have dramatically went downhill in the past few decades.

Just take a look here in NYC, where it's near impossible to own a gun yet hoodlums still get theirs and shoot each other up every day. The 2nd Amendment is a sacred right of We the American People and it shall not be infringed. Taking away the rights of We the People in the name of "security" is foolish, this goes for everything from gun control to the TSA touching my junk to get on a plane

There is no "need" for anything that won't stop incidents like these. What we need to do is improve our mental health systems which have dramatically went downhill in the past few decades.

Just take a look here in NYC, where it's near impossible to own a gun yet hoodlums still get theirs and shoot each other up every day. The 2nd Amendment is a sacred right of We the American People and it shall not be infringed. Taking away the rights of We the People in the name of "security" is foolish, this goes for everything from gun control to the TSA touching my junk to get on a plane

This is not new to me. It's clear that the mental health system went into a spiral into the abyss decades ago, and because of that we have people displaced in the streets, literally homeless, not receiving adequate care so as to be able to lead productive and peaceful lives.

This is not new to me. It's clear that the mental health system went into a spiral into the abyss decades ago, and because of that we have people displaced in the streets, literally homeless, not receiving adequate care so as to be able to lead productive and peaceful lives.

We also have nutjobs like these shooters, not in the streets but living as free men living in decent homes, with cars and family, seemingly normal lives. Mental illness can exist anywhere.

We also have nutjobs like these shooters, not in the streets but living as free men living in decent homes, with cars and family, seemingly normal lives. Mental illness can exist anywhere.

Do I detect more self patronizing ad hominems or can we actually debate this like people for once?

Its known that such ones can afford substantial drug habits such as with methamphetamine to self medicate themselves. Of course the side effects leading to incidents such as this unfortunately. If not that then the fact that many live in more strained familial relationships then meets the eye either way leading to social isolation which in terms leads to suicidal, or diabolical thoughts. Just saying it straight for the record.

Its known that such ones can afford substantial drug habits such as with methamphetamine to self medicate themselves. Of course the side effects leading to incidents such as this unfortunately. If not that then the fact that many live in more strained familial relationships then meets the eye either way leading to social isolation which in terms leads to suicidal, or diabolical thoughts. Just saying it straight for the record.

Mmhmm. Then on top of that, some of the prescribed/Big Pharma produced drugs meant to keep these people at bay make you even more nuts, or have insanely dangerous side effects.

Mmhmm. Then on top of that, some of the prescribed/Big Pharma produced drugs meant to keep these people at bay make you even more nuts, or have insanely dangerous side effects.

It can even come down to OTC drug abuse as in the case of kids who robo, by consuming huge amounts of DXM containing cough syrup as found in say Robitussin 8 Hr cough relief for a high, which is in reality more dangerous then marijuana comsumption as they are messing with disassociative drugs similar to ketamine or PCP.

Only disfavor to the people here are libs trying to take away their right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed.

Say the conservatives out to make firearms everyone's business. Can't they shut the f**k up and keep it in their basement (metaphorically speaking) like everyone else?

It can even come down to OTC drug abuse as in the case of kids who robo, by consuming huge amounts of DXM containing cough syrup as found in say Robitussin 8 Hr cough relief for a high, which is in reality more dangerous then marijuana comsumption as they are messing with disassociative drugs similar to ketamine or PCP.

OD'ing on cough syrup. Nah homie, that's dank shit right there.

Only disfavor to the people here are libs trying to take away their right to keep and bear arms that shall not be infringed.

Then which is it with you then? First you say you are for gun control then you are suddenly opposed to it for the sake of opposing arguements against the liberal agenda? For the sake of arguing?

Man it's been years since I last went to that mall. All I remember of the place was the 2 level carousel? and the shortest escalators in North America at JC Pennys. Very sad about this, but thankfully it was contained to a suicide, still very disturbing about the shootings lately. I think we need to look more on the drugs some of these shooters were on than on the guns.

I don't want to get into the gun talk, but as strict as you can make the laws, there will always be bad guys getting around them. What is needed is to make sure there are fewer crazy people out there like limiting the excessive drugs people get.

Again ftr: I am for background checks and limiting the amount of guns and ammo a person can have, but not the absurd strict measures like Cuomo's '7 bullets' deal. Not every place is like NYC where there's maybe a cop within a few minutes of a call.

Then which is it with you then? First you say you are for gun control then you are suddenly opposed to it for the sake of opposing arguements against the liberal agenda? For the sake of arguing?

He just affiliates with the Republican party too much. This is how politics f**k with your mind. It alters your thinking. Like I said, sheep.

Archived