Jimmy Kimmel, ABC slammed by Chinese government over 'offensive' kids skit - NY Daily News

realizm

In my opinion kids learn from other kids and decide to be rebellious against their parents. I see and have expierenced it with my very own eyes many times.

Yes definitely, but also the fact that kids learn from other kids. Some things positive some not. There's many ways a kid can recieve negativity and if unchecked by the individual can fester into the wrong perspective on things. Noones perfect, it's happened to me.

The point that you fail to undrstand is that todays youth are falling away to prejudice and hate. Parents teachers and peers need to step up to the game so that a young kids ideas does not fester into straight up racial hatred, straight black on white or reverse racism. I would imagine that was my point. You should have read the citations the scientific studies proves it.

If you oppose the ideas expressed in my posts I demand that you do so but in a respectful manner, I will take it into consideration. If you insult me then I guess we will have problems. Big ones. Eat that.

yes, you should re-evailaute your prioties if you find something this stupid worthy of going into soap box mode.

The more this discussion continues the more I'm correlating an aura of disregard to your namesake. Just because you are seemingly not offended by the situation doesn't mean others are.

In fact this is a problem that continues to persist with the majority, complete disregard to others. Just because it doesn't immediately affect you doesn't make it right. Until that issue is addressed by society little to no progress will be made in terms of advancement.

I'd like to hear a serious meaningful response to this.

Regards,

The more this discussion continues the more I'm correlating an aura of disregard to your namesake. Just because you are seemingly not offended by the situation doesn't mean others are.

In fact this is a problem that continues to persist with the majority, complete disregard to others. Just because it doesn't immediately affect you doesn't make it right. Until that issue is addressed by society little to no progress will be made in terms of advancement.

I'd like to hear a serious meaningful response to this.

Regards,

I see the merit in your effort to be mediator here. I am looking forward to Kamen's response as long as it is not condescending. I will reply with due respect. His choice.

I see the merit in your effort to be mediator here. I am looking forward to Kamen's response as long as it is not condescending. I will reply with due respect. His choice.

Right on.

That's all that's really being asked, mainly out of common decency. If he chooses otherwise than fine, but such a response will warrant a similar reply, get what I'm saying?

I'm sure you do, so awaiting the reply.

First off, I never attacked you personaly. All I'm saying is you're over reacting, which, while crtical is not an attack. What I called stupid was the story. Now, I'm not the one making a mountain out of a molehill. Bringing my namesakes into the discussion, even the Riders know when something is a pointless argument. There is a distinct diffrence between fighting for justice and ramibling on and on about something a 1st grader said, off the cuff, in the middle of the night.  You are blowing it far and away out of proportion. ABC said they were sorry. Kimmel said he was sorry. It's over and done with as far as everyone concerined in this matter. 

Consider it this way. He said to kill them all over the national debt, lake that would fix anything It's my understanding of young children, having actually delt with them on a daily basis in several diffrent circumstances, is that they do not understand ANYTHING. They ether take it too literally or compelty out of context.

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_151_18-famous-websites-as-understood-by-five-year-old/

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_219_23-classic-movies-as-understood-by-five-year-old/

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_193_27-hit-songs-as-understood-by-5-year-old/

http://www.cracked.com/article_16464_25-historical-events-as-depicted-by-5-year-olds.html

http://www.cracked.com/photoplasty_255_17-figures-speech-as-understood-by-five-year-old/

Meanwhile, here's an aduilt saying things similar to what the kid did, and this time to intentionaly get people pissed (mostly to see who is watching the show in other countries).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJXaMQpN_wQ

Many parents at home privately shout all sorts of racial epitaphs and it leaves the impression on the child, not just whites, reverse racists as well. If this goes on for too long it can become a societal problem for the child as he or she grows to adulthood. Same argument can be held for kids from abusive households, sons who are physically abused by their fathers in turn become abusive to his own children as an adult. There's many ways i can go with this. Its called cause and effect.

Kids are not born racists. They are taught this as a big time fail by their peers whether it may be the media, their parents, their siblings, or their peers, even teachers, I've seen it. That's the problem. Many times this sort of corrosive thinking goes unchecked leading to adults with racist ideology.

The cure to societal disease is prevention. It starts with the proper nurturing and training by the parents in educating their children on the vileness of racist hate.

Here's a snip from an article i have read just now: http://life.familyeducation.com/slideshow/race/37422.html#ixzz2kpwhN8qR

Diverse_Girlfriends_3470902.jpg

Raising Children Free of Prejudice
by Alvin Poussaint, M.D. and Susan Linn, Ed.D.

Raising our children and understanding racial diversity in our society can't be seen as separate tasks -- they're both part of our job as good parents. So how do we go about it?

Our children learn their attitudes from us -- the adults around them. We all have ways of thinking and acting that may seem natural to us but aren't necessarily what we want to pass along to our children. In fact, if we don't examine these attitudes carefully, they can be harmful to our children's understanding of their world.

You really shouldn't down-vote the post cause you don't agree with it. Again, why does this one child represent the entire population.

If I get downvoted for expressing my oppinion on a subject, it's only fair I get to do the same.

my opinion on the subject is that the subject is pointless, "slow news day" crud, and that Real is wasteing his time focusing on it when there are other, far more pressing issues to deal with.

becuase you are making sound like a national crisis.

how about you lecture this guy on not hateing.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/bias-puerto-ricans-led-slay-chinatown-net-cafe-cops-article-1.1525446

"A Mexican man has been charged with attempted murder as a hate crime after he slashed the face of a customer at an Internet cafe in Chinatown because he thought the man was Puerto Rican, authorities said." (emphisis mine)

The victim was actually Fillipino. Had the attacker known this, he says he would have not attacked him. He though his target was "Peurto Rican and black"

Middle age guy trying to kill someone, vs. a grade schooler with a potty mouth. Which is more of an issue in life?

Which is more of an issue in life?

The overall scope of racism as a disease. Racism is learned and fed by hate as the person grows to adulthood  by a variety of factors if the parents do not keep in in check. I've stated this since the start of this thread. The facts from carefully prepared university studies are there with links, all posted in this thread for you to read.

This is not about a single little child as you are erroneously alluding to concerning my comments at this phase of the discussion. Thats besides the point.

Moving forward: This is about the overall decrepit and socially destructive patheology of a social disease broken down to a science. Thats where I am getting that. Feel free to respond from these words written in this post.

Here's my two cents after reading all of this. IT'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE IN A MILLION FRIGGIN' YEARS. You can complain about it all you want, but you're never going to get rid of all the ignorant people who are just going to do and say whatever the frak they want to do and say. You can quote a thousand studies on how humans are not born racists, but guess what? That's not going to get rid of racism. At the end of the day, nothing is going to change.

Here's my two cents after reading all of this. IT'S NOT GOING TO CHANGE IN A MILLION FRIGGIN' YEARS. You can complain about it all you want, but you're never going to get rid of all the ignorant people who are just going to do and say whatever the frak they want to do and say. You can quote a thousand studies on how humans are not born racists, but guess what? That's not going to get rid of racism. At the end of the day, nothing is going to change.

Where's the optimism? The world is full of problems, yes we can all see that. But this is not exactly a hopeless situation concerning American society.

Information, cultural awareness and that cultivation of brotherly love for neighbor is key. Knowledge is power my friend.

Archived