Jump to content

Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Lance

R142/R142A Background & Font Templates

Recommended Posts

I've recently finished work on the R142(A) templates and fonts. As a treat (and because I'm super busy so the less amount of requests, the better), I'm making them available for everyone.

I'm giving anyone permission to use these fonts/templates for any BVE/Trainz/whatever project as long as I am credited.

R142 template

KNbt0Ct.png

R142A template

0eaZJWy.png

R142 Route font

http://www.mediafire.com/download/47wdswxv4dzaptv/R142_Dot-Matrix_Routes.otf
 
R142 Destination/Route Info font

http://www.mediafire.com/download/89j8a70o2d586d8/Seventh_Avenue_Express.otf
 
R142A Route font

http://www.mediafire.com/download/2geeiv61jlyv18i/R142A_Routes.otf
 
R142A Destination/Route Info font

http://www.mediafire.com/download/49kh5xz3kscl61k/Lexington_Avenue_Local.otf

Edited by Lance
  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice! I was working on an R142 / R142A exterior font but stopped since I didn't have time. Yours does look very realistic though.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here you go....

Q0PdecT.png

 

(Templates and fonts downloaded above.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded the text and fonts into my computer including the templates, but I'm having trouble to type into the templates so I would like some help please. Thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded the text and fonts into my computer including the templates, but I'm having trouble to type into the templates so I would like some help please. Thank you

are you nicholas noel? If so I love all your pics!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Union Tpke yeah it's Nicholas Noel. and thank you for enjoying some of my photos. and do you know how to type into the templates? if you do, please tell me how to do it. i appreciate it. thank you

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Union Tpke yeah it's Nicholas Noel. and thank you for enjoying some of my photos. and do you know how to type into the templates? if you do, please tell me how to do it. i appreciate it. thank you

Its great having you on here, but sorry I can't help you with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I downloaded the text and fonts into my computer including the templates, but I'm having trouble to type into the templates so I would like some help please. Thank you

What program are you using to do this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a Manhattan bound (M) Train via the (A) Line.

The next stop is High street.

SCOTCDP

This is a Eastchester dyre avenue bound (7) Train via the (5) The me/t stop is East 180 street.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 10:59 AM, florpglrop said:

is it possible to include to include the "█" as reference to see what these displays look like when they are completely on?

The R142/A LCD character tiles are made up of sections which are either visible or invisible to display the character. This is how the R142A route tile looks like. I haven't gotten the destination tile yet, but you should be able to determine how the destination tile looks like by combining the visible sections of the font characters together.
unknown.png

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/28/2021 at 9:52 AM, BenTheMiner said:

I haven't gotten the destination tile yet, but you should be able to determine how the destination tile looks like by combining the visible sections of the font characters together.

Update: I've made the R142 destination tile! It seems the R142A has a different destination tile so I plan on making that next.

unknown.png

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/1/2021 at 11:18 AM, BenTheMiner said:

Update: I've made the R142 destination tile! It seems the R142A has a different destination tile so I plan on making that next.

unknown.png

That's really interesting, I have made a model of the route tile, but I have never seen the destination tile like this. did you make it yourself? the arcs look a bit different. I think the deisgner of these mozaic displays used the same kind of arc everywhere and some of the diagonals look off. though cause of corona and being unemployed I haven't seen a destination tile in person in a while. but this is a very interesting recreation. I like how you got the horizonal and vertical line thickness right.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, florpglrop said:

That's really interesting, I have made a model of the route tile, but I have never seen the destination tile like this. did you make it yourself? the arcs look a bit different. I think the deisgner of these mozaic displays used the same kind of arc everywhere and some of the diagonals look off. though cause of corona and being unemployed I haven't seen a destination tile in person in a while. but this is a very interesting recreation. I like how you got the horizonal and vertical line thickness right.

Yes, I made it in paint based on good references that someone gave me. The route tiles are different than the destination tiles, and the R142 has different LCD tiles than the R142A.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

3 hours ago, BenTheMiner said:

Yes, I made it in paint based on good references that someone gave me. The route tiles are different than the destination tiles, and the R142 has different LCD tiles than the R142A.

I didn't know there were so many different mozaic displays, I used your design to make a rough model/drawing in openscad using my old code for the route sign, but I realize that its completely different from what I remember/recognize. I didn't realize that the different destination signs were so different.  my one doesn't look right but idk. https://imgur.com/a/6mmpPoX

Edited by florpglrop
image too big, so I just put a link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, florpglrop said:

 

I didn't know there were so many different mozaic displays, I used your design to make a rough model/drawing in openscad using my old code for the route sign, but I realize that its completely different from what I remember/recognize. I didn't realize that the different destination signs were so different.  my one doesn't look right but idk. https://imgur.com/a/6mmpPoX

Yep! It seems this sign style is also seen being used in many other places. Someone told me it was supposedly made by "AEG", but I wasn't able to get any results on it. They could all be made by different companies too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.