Hundreds Rally To Save 5 Pointz From Wrecking Ball (photos included)

Turbo19

Ok, so if it's art, are you now going to justfy "knockout" as art too? that seems to be the falvor of the conversation.

I had to repaint the entire front of my house because of one of you dam "artist" descided my home would make a good canvis, and you want to know why I want that trash gone for good.

I am NOT going to live with it.

You said people need to be sensive to other's feelings. well what about my feelings. I have to be afraid someone is going to shoot me because you don't want to make someone else feel bad about being searched..? I have to keep extra house paint handy because "Oh they're expressing themselves" ..?

You know it's illegal for a minor to buy spray paint in the city? Do you want this place to be a cesspool again? Do you like the idea of a decaying, dying city where nobody would want to live? So far that's the impression you've given me the last few months. You like the idea that some people can do whatever they want, but I have to sit in the corner and be quiet because I feel diffrently about things than you do. I've already had one black guy threaten to shoot me for something stupid, I was trying to cross a street and was going too fast for his comfort. because his so called "culture" allows people to jump each other over minor crap, and then in responce shoot each other. Apprently the dip didn't think a 25 year old geek who wouldn't hurt a fly and who just wanted to catch a bus to go home doesn't count as a "threat."

Ok, so if it's art, are you now going to justfy "knockout" as art too? that seems to be the falvor of the conversation.

I had to repaint the entire front of my house because of one of you dam "artist" descided my home would make a good canvis, and you want to know why I want that trash gone for good.

I am NOT going to live with it.

You said people need to be sensive to other's feelings. well what about my feelings. I have to be afraid someone is going to shoot me because you don't want to make someone else feel bad about being searched..? I have to keep extra house paint handy because "Oh they're expressing themselves" ..?

You know it's illegal for a minor to buy spray paint in the city? Do you want this place to be a cesspool again? Do you like the idea of a decaying, dying city where nobody would want to live? So far that's the impression you've given me the last few months. You like the idea that some people can do whatever they want, but I have to sit in the corner and be quiet because I feel diffrently about things than you do. I've already had one black guy threaten to shoot me for something stupid, I was trying to cross a street and was going too fast for his comfort. because his so called "culture" allows people to jump each other over minor crap, and then in responce shoot each other. Apprently the dip didn't think a 25 year old geek who wouldn't hurt a fly and who just wanted to catch a bus to go home doesn't count as a "threat."

You are a paranoid individual who likes nothing more than to cast hate towards many various groups that you dislike. As such you fear retaliation by members of the groups and play the victim card. The same victim card that allows you to get away with continuous harassment without direct repercussions.

Whether it's in regard to urban artists, the low income, minorities, the list goes on. You will continue to perpetuate hate towards those groups because it metaphorically elevates you above them. You think it isn't apparent. Even as this goes on you continue to undermind me and the other proponents in this. You think I can't see this shit, bitch, please, I can read you like a poorly written novel. Not buying into this.

Closing statement, you are a sick f**k with no respect for anyone. Take your crap elsewhere.

I've already had one black guy threaten to shoot me for something stupid, I was trying to cross a street and was going too fast for his comfort. because his so called "culture" allows people to jump each other over minor crap, and then in responce shoot each other.

You racist f**k. Get off this forum.

You know it's sad the building is soon going to be gone, but I'm just glad there are many pictures that have been taken before the art was whited out. That will be history for many years and future generations to enjoy. Pictures do speak a thousand words after all.

Since it was written on the building with permission, then it's classified as art whether it's graffiti, a picture of Biggie or ODB, or an Iz the Wiz tag. As far as every other post that came before me, I may get grilled for saying this (not that I give a ratsass about 4/5s of the users on this site anyway), but everyone arguing over this can all go f**k themselves. 

You know it's sad the building is soon going to be gone, but I'm just glad there are many pictures that have been taken before the art was whited out. That will be history for many years and future generations to enjoy. Pictures do speak a thousand words after all.

Since it was written on the building with permission, then it's classified as art whether it's graffiti, a picture of Biggie or ODB, or an Iz the Wiz tag. As far as every other post that came before me, I may get grilled for saying this (not that I give a ratsass about 4/5s of the users on this site anyway), but everyone arguing over this can all go f**k themselves. 

Fair enough.

Arguments on my part will cease from here on out in the thread.

UM...?

No.

I have to live here.

You don't.

I don't show up in Jurpra and tell you what to do, do I?

I do not agree with you about 5ptz or anything else you're saying in this thread at all but this gets +9899 from me. 

Don't think you know everything about this city, especially local neighborhood issues when you don't live here or aren't from here/didn't know about the situation at hand when you lived here. This goes for everyone, don't care who you are or what site you're on.

5ptz is an international landmark (even if it's not on the city landmark list) and I absolutely respect anyone from out of town who wants to support it, but knowitall attitudes about the area and city in general are not necessary when you're not from here.

Also prepared for whatever sh*t talk comes my way for this, I don't care. I'm not afraid to say it like it is.

I couldn't resist not posting in this thread because of knowing outcomes but..the damn things I've read. LOL

Its been about a week and all the outrage is gone. Looks like Mr. Wolkoff was right. They'll get over it.

If this is the only forum or scene you are aware of, then you'd know people that that scene is not "over it."

UM...?

No.

I have to live here.

You don't.

I don't show up in Jurpra and tell you what to do, do I?

Um..? I live here, yet I don't agree with you?

--

Anyway, with all the people throwing a kindergarten's hissy-fit.

If this building was covered with 9/11 memorial murals without permission, let me say this with bold letters, without permission, I wonder if you guys would be saying the same shit about the situation.

because his so called "culture" allows people to jump each other over minor crap, and then in responce shoot each other. Apprently the dip didn't think a 25 year old geek who wouldn't hurt a fly and who just wanted to catch a bus to go home doesn't count as a "threat."

This is where I disagree. The problem of aggression is hardly one restricted to one particular race, its a problem with guys in general. I had two white guys (I'm white) threaten to beat me up at school because they were harassing my group and I sarcastically asked how I could help them. I know these types, the ones that get into fights on a regular basis, and I'd be shocked if they were just kidding. Fits right in with the glorification of violence in our media, and its not just one group or another doing it.

For this reason I would have avoided giving your post a vote at all, but I clicked on the wrong thing while trying to quote, damn phones.

Rest of your post, agreed.

Fair enough.

Arguments on my part will cease from here on out in the thread.

Same here. We are not here to convert racists who really think all middleeastern arabs are potential terrorists and that all blacks need to be subject to stop and frisk, and argue the point even though they are wrong even with statistics in plain sight to prove they are wrong. I wouldnt waste my time, really.

I do not agree with you about 5ptz or anything else you're saying in this thread at all but this gets +9899 from me. 

Don't think you know everything about this city, especially local neighborhood issues when you don't live here or aren't from here/didn't know about the situation at hand when you lived here. This goes for everyone, don't care who you are or what site you're on.

5ptz is an international landmark (even if it's not on the city landmark list) and I absolutely respect anyone from out of town who wants to support it, but knowitall attitudes about the area and city in general are not necessary when you're not from here.

Also prepared for whatever sh*t talk comes my way for this, I don't care. I'm not afraid to say it like it is.

You know, you might as well has explicitly directed towards me. Quite honestly I though this was old shit, but I guess not. Don't care for it, but not worth continually arguing over.

Same here. We are not here to convert racists who really think all middleeastern arabs are potential terrorists and that all blacks need to be subject to stop and frisk, and argue the point even though they are wrong even with statistics in plain sight to prove they are wrong. I wouldnt waste my time, really.

My fault really for trying to hold an intellectual discussion. I should have remembered that doesn't happen here anymore.

My fault really for trying to hold an intellectual discussion. I should have remembered that doesn't happen here anymore.

I couldn't resist not posting in this thread because of knowing outcomes but..the damn things I've read. LOL

Well unfortunately it is what it is. Some wish to take this discussion foward into a race relation issue based on stereotypical fairytales and prejudiced induendoes when in fact the worldwide writer community is very multiculturally and racially diverse, contrary to popular belief. And others well they yet have to learn to leave the garbage at the door and know how to let shit go. Thats the internet for you.

Be careful not to step in the bullshit.

Well unfortunately it is what it is. Some wish to take this discussion foward into a race relation issue based on stereotypical fairytales and prejudiced induendoes when in fact the worldwide writer community is very multiculturally and racially diverse, contrary to popular belief. And others well they yet have to learn to leave the garbage at the door and know how to let shit go. Thats the internet for you.

Some people haven't seen Style Wars, which explains why many try to use the piss poor stereotype argument for their point on this subject. In that film everyone of all races was involved in graffiti during the 80s.

But you know what I'm not going to bother trying to negotiate with some users around here who are narcissistic, self righteous sheep that are willing to believe whatever the media tells them. It's not worth it.

Some people haven't seen Style Wars, which explains why many try to use the piss poor stereotype argument for their point on this subject. In that film everyone of all races was involved in graffiti during the 80s.

But you know what I'm not going to bother trying to negotiate with some users around here who are narcissistic, self righteous sheep that are willing to believe whatever the media tells them. It's not worth it.

To quote:

“The whole thing boils down to class warfare,” Mr. Ramirez said. “People all over the world are wondering why they did that to 5Pointz. My answer is, why not? Do we really think some landlord is going to give a damn about the culture of the working class? This was an art form invented by the children of the working class, not children with last names like Trump or Rockefeller.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/11/25/nyregion/as-legal-graffiti-walls-disappear-street-artists-ponder-future.html?src=me&_r=0

Many of us share the same opinions on this. Many others know the truth in this and are in denial. Point is that appaently as this man stated in regards to grafitti art, we have many people with biases and are closedminded where it comes to their views of the different people that make up NYC hence the irritating comments we see on the internet. Pretty much the same ol bullshit where it comes to discussions on race relations and class warfare. These very issues aside from the legalistics hit everyone in the face in this case with the demise of 5Poinz as reported.

This is why this flame is happening. I'll finish by saying that knowledge is power to the individual that is openminded.

You are a paranoid individual who likes nothing more than to cast hate towards many various groups that you dislike. As such you fear retaliation by members of the groups and play the victim card. The same victim card that allows you to get away with continuous harassment without direct repercussions.

Whether it's in regard to urban artists, the low income, minorities, the list goes on. You will continue to perpetuate hate towards those groups because it metaphorically elevates you above them. You think it isn't apparent. Even as this goes on you continue to undermind me and the other proponents in this. You think I can't see this shit, bitch, please, I can read you like a poorly written novel. Not buying into this.

Closing statement, you are a sick f**k with no respect for anyone. Take your crap elsewhere.

Why the F**k should I respect anyone when no one has any respect for me? I say anything, you morons stuck your fingers in your ears and ignore it. I don't hate anyone, I want to be everyone's friend, but everyone seems to hate my ass cause I'm white, a guy, not techincly broke, and am sick and tired of having to bend over backwards to keep everyone else happy, when no one will atleast share with me a little common curtisy. All I want is peace and quiet. All I want is to be safe. All I want is to live in a place where people, every single last one of us, doesn't need to be afraid of anyone else. No one else seems to want that. Why do

You racist f**k. Get off this forum.

If Harry askes me to leave for anything I have said, I will leave. You are not Harry. Shut up. You try having some jerk ass threaten to kill you over something as simple as runing up behind he becuase you were about to get hit by a car, you didn't see him and he was standing on a corner. I was tired, hungry and just wanted to go home after working a long, hot day. If someone had done it to me, I would have just brushed it off, but no "If ther wasn't cameras here I would have shot your m'fing white ass". And you have the gaul to call me a racist?

You were the stray match in all this. It was you who lit the fuse.

Last thing kindling needs is gasoline, so stay the f**k out.

You're not a mod, you don't get to tell people what to do.

Um..? I live here, yet I don't agree with you?

Wasn't talking to you. I was talking to turbo directly.

Same here. We are not here to convert racists who really think all middleeastern arabs are potential terrorists and that all blacks need to be subject to stop and frisk, and argue the point even though they are wrong even with statistics in plain sight to prove they are wrong right.. I wouldnt waste my time, really.

You little f^&king... For the uptheenth time your empty headed idoicy makes you misunderstand me. Picture a simple Venn Daigram, if you can muster that up. In your messed up mind, I'm saying that all arabs are bad guys. This is something I have NEVER said. What I have said are, of the amount of bad people who want to kill me for being an american, way too many of that total (bad guys), not the total population of arabs, are arab. simple mathmatics. but no, I can't say anthying that upends your world view.

Stats, in plain sight, that prove me right. 90% of murders in this city are commited by someone who ether black or hispanic. I said it 6 months ago and you short sighted fools harped on me then. News does an atricle on it, and you all convelty ignore it because it doesn't suit your world view. Is the daily news racist? or are they simply trying to tell the people facts about the issues around them.

I only brought up the race issues from last time to prove a point. I never said anything about the backgrounds or make up of anyone. but then again you have proven time and again that you can't seem to read, you wouldn't have paid any attention.

You are so conceeded in your world view that you can't accept that you might be wrong about some things. Remember that burning monk story "...the unjustifable nature of the Vietnam War".  That wasn't even what actually happened, but you didn't bother to learn actual history, only what they sell you. You don't bother to question, you don't bother to think. You're the closedminded ones.

I keep having to jump through hoops for everyone else. I have to work a 7 hour shift on thursday and a 14 hour shift on Friday, gaurding a childrens place on Jamacia ave. Now would a so called "racist" agree to something like that. No, they wouldn't. And that's not the only first time I've been there.  I'm POed about working a holiday, but that's another issue (they only told me today).

Stats, in plain sight, that prove me right. 90% of murders in this city are commited by someone who ether black or hispanic. I said it 6 months ago and you short sighted fools harped on me then. News does an atricle on it, and you all convelty ignore it because it doesn't suit your world view. Is the daily news racist? or are they simply trying to tell the people facts about the issues around them.

Wow. These kinds of stats just.... I have no words. Why?! Why would any group or culture or society, whatever, allow their people to be so violent?

If Harry askes me to leave for anything I have said, I will leave. You are not Harry. Shut up. You try having some jerk ass threaten to kill you over something as simple as runing up behind he becuase you were about to get hit by a car, you didn't see him and he was standing on a corner. I was tired, hungry and just wanted to go home after working a long, hot day. If someone had done it to me, I would have just brushed it off, but no "If ther wasn't cameras here I would have shot your m'fing white ass". And you have the gaul to call me a racist?

You were the stray match in all this. It was you who lit the fuse.

Last thing kindling needs is gasoline, so stay the f**k out.

You're not a mod, you don't get to tell people what to do.

Oh you're right--I'm not a mod, so I should have clarified: get out of this city. I really don't give a shit what your sob story is. I will quote you again:

"I've already had one black guy threaten to shoot me for something stupid, I was trying to cross a street and was going too fast for his comfort.because his so called "culture" allows people to jump each other over minor crap, and then in responce shoot each other."

That has nothing to do with your tragic little tale. That is you implying that African-American culture (which you don't even dignify as a culture; you put it in quotation marks) is pro-violence based on a black person you met once. That is pure racism. It has no place anywhere, least of all on this forum. I recommend you deeply reconsider your life choices, and if after doing so you find that you still feel this way, I recommend Stormfront for all of your racist generalization needs.

Wow. These kinds of stats just.... I have no words. Why?! Why would any group or culture or society, whatever, allow their people to be so violent?

Oh for the love of f**k, are you really going to play the dolly-miss-daisy racist here? Is it any wonder that blacks, the poorest people in New York City in the worst neighborhoods, are the victims and perpetrators of the most crimes? Is it any wonder that whites, the richest people in New York City in the best neighborhoods, rarely experience crime? 

Throughout history, the poorest people, whether white or black, commit the most crimes. It's not 'allowing their people to be so violent,' it's generally desperation and a system that turns their backs on them. Eighty years ago, you would have been asking the same questions about the Jews and the Italians, and now you're not. Poverty and crime go together, and making idiotic racist generalizations combats neither of the two.

Oh you're right--I'm not a mod, so I should have clarified: get out of this city. I really don't give a shit what your sob story is. I will quote you again:

"I've already had one black guy threaten to shoot me for something stupid, I was trying to cross a street and was going too fast for his comfort.because his so called "culture" allows people to jump each other over minor crap, and then in responce shoot each other."

That has nothing to do with your tragic little tale. That is you implying that African-American culture (which you don't even dignify as a culture; you put it in quotation marks) is pro-violence based on a black person you met once. That is pure racism. It has no place anywhere, least of all on this forum. I recommend you deeply reconsider your life choices, and if after doing so you find that you still feel this way, I recommend Stormfront for all of your racist generalization needs.

Oh for the love of f**k, are you really going to play the dolly-miss-daisy racist here? Is it any wonder that blacks, the poorest people in New York City in the worst neighborhoods, are the victims and perpetrators of the most crimes? Is it any wonder that whites, the richest people in New York City in the best neighborhoods, rarely experience crime? 

Throughout history, the poorest people, whether white or black, commit the most crimes. It's not 'allowing their people to be so violent,' it's generally desperation and a system that turns their backs on them. Eighty years ago, you would have been asking the same questions about the Jews and the Italians, and now you're not. Poverty and crime go together, and making idiotic racist generalizations combats neither of the two.

At this point it's not worth it to argue about this, some people won't understand...

But in all honesty, some of you are acting like dumbasses with all the hypocrisy and trying to play victim (you guys know who you are)...

It's clear when some have hit a nerve when the person in question is calling them out and telling them to f**k off. Clearly shows the true colors of some users around here. I'm done with this thread. When everyone is done playing the fake thug on this subject we can discuss it another time. 

How the hell did we go from talking about a graffiti place to this debate about race? I can't see how the change was made - the two have nothing to do with each other.

The same reason why every subject that involves trains or buses turns into flame wars and threats. Some need to smoke some weed and chill out once and a while. It's a building for crying out loud.

Wasn't talking to you. I was talking to turbo directly.

Noted.

-----------------------------

Still waiting on a reply to my previous statement. I wonder if this building had murals of tragedies without permission would you consider that graffiti as well?  I had a building near my area with a 9/11 mural without permission I might add and it was taken down, would you justify that action as well? 

You all see that we are having a flame because of one man with his wild off base opinion on the American experience that only a person who smokes out the meth pipe would conjure up, right? But hey if you guys want to go get him I will be getting my popcorn at this point. Pointing and laughing at how you all deliver the KO in the supremacist/elitist tainted counterargument here.

Archived