Upcoming Classes for Upcoming Conductor (C/R) and Train Operator (T/O) Exams

+Young+

Only promo exams require you to study or need some sort of classes. Tell you the truth any O/C exam I've ever taken were pretty much the same. No prior knowledge of the title wassup needed. They just want to see your reading comprehension and cognitive abilities. But if someone feels so inclined to pay that amount of money for a class that'll teach things you're not going to need the exam then by all means go ahead. You'll regret it. And it may make score lower because your head will be full of mostly irrelevant knowledge. Everything you need to leant about the job, you'll learn once hired an in class.

Only promo exams require you to study or need some sort of classes. Tell you the truth any O/C exam I've ever taken were pretty much the same. No prior knowledge of the title wassup needed. They just want to see your reading comprehension and cognitive abilities. But if someone feels so inclined to pay that amount of money for a class that'll teach things you're not going to need the exam then by all means go ahead. You'll regret it. And it may make score lower because your head will be full of mostly irrelevant knowledge. Everything you need to leant about the job, you'll learn once hired an in class.

I agree with everything you wrote.

Back in the 80's when I took the test for Track worker along with all the other exams

Sorry for the above incomplete post. I need to stop doing it off my cell.

I agree with pretty much everything you wrote.

Back in the 80's when I took the test for Track worker along with all the other exams everyone would run downtown to the Civil Service book store to buy the training books. My buddy picked one up and my brother who had started as a Track worker years earlier then went to Train operator read thru it highlighting what was actually relevant which only about 2% of the book. He instead made us copies of his Track worker manual to study. Even with that I think there were maybe 4 or 5 questions that you had to actually have some first hand knowledge in order to get right. Everything else was reading comprehension and simple math.

I couldn't find anything on this school offering the classes but as you said and I said if someone has the money and wants to take the classes thinking it will help then let them. If it gives them a little boost of confidence walking in then maybe thats all they need.

My issue was with how some respond to others post. Not only is it just rude and disrespectful but against Forum rules as well.

Archived