Man buys picture of Xbox One thinking it is the actual console

Harry

post-5097-0-33598100-1386389479_thumb.jpg
If it seems too good to be true, then it probably is. A British dad splashed out on what appeared to be a "bargain" Xbox One on eBay - only to be sent a grainy printed picture of the console in return. Peter Clatworthy, 19, thought he was getting an absolute steal when he forked out just $740 for the sought-after Day One edition. The price was the same as in stores, but they'd sold out for Christmas. Excitedly thinking the gadget would be the perfect gift for son McKenzie, he coughed up the cash. But, days later, he was stunned to receive just a photo of one in the post.

Read more: Source

post-5097-0-33598100-1386389479_thumb.jpg

A. I would never buy anything from those "buying and selling" Facebook groups. I don't care who you are, I still wouldn't buy anything from there

B. You have to read those eBay descriptions over and over again. Make sure you don't miss anything. With expensive electronics, I would only buy from sellers who have a large number of positive ratings. Several hundred, several thousand, or even tens of thousands. I would not buy anything expensive with someone who only has 79 ratings.

C. Never buy anything off the streets. No exceptions

^Thats how I view holiday shopping

A. I would never buy anything from those "buying and selling" Facebook groups. I don't care who you are, I still wouldn't buy anything from there

B. You have to read those eBay descriptions over and over again. Make sure you don't miss anything. With expensive electronics, I would only buy from sellers who have a large number of positive ratings. Several hundred, several thousand, or even tens of thousands. I would not buy anything expensive with someone who only has 79 ratings.

C. Never buy anything off the streets. No exceptions

^Thats how I view holiday shopping

A. Though 99.9% of those groups have shady members, there is still that 0.01% chance you can snag a deal.  Then again this only applies to car parts with legit paperwork.

B. Even the several hundred/thousand/tens of thousands sellers can be a rip-off, eBay is a hit or miss these days.

C. Never say never...them pretzels taste like gold if you're hungry for a few hours.

^That's how I view everyday shopping.

I like to hook it up with the irish coffee if I anticipate running on errands such as shopping. Which is a chore I'd admit.

Well, my opinion? Its always better to make face to face transactions, or see to it when on the net you are dealing with an authorized vendor on computer hardware. Its really that simple. Tigerdirect, microcenter, best buy, gamestop and so forth. Not some everyday scumbag troll selling illegitimate products.

It's better to think before you act. Sometimes things are too good to be true these days. 

Yes but it is still indeed possible to snag quality things at these 'too good to be true' prices.  I remember snagging a new exhaust for one of my old cars and it was in tip top shape for half the price.

lol... People have to learn how to read... I see them selling all sorts of things like "rare Metrocards" for example... They're priced high but if you're looking for them to actually use, they're only collectible items most of the time.

Like them metrocard cubes. After i started to make them, someone told me to sell them so i did and sold them for a dollar. I went online and saw hope much they were selling them for and it was upwards of 5 bucks in some places

...f**k outta here with all that lol

Archived