Question on DJing as a hobby

realizm

Vinyl-Turntables.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRoIuEe6Bbs&list=PLE71F8CD9CAE744E0&feature=player_detailpage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BLfPSHr1ow4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=ItvUcC7Rcs0

Ive always thought of returning to visual art as a side hobby. I used to be fascinated by the historical graffiti/ hiphop and rave scene and used to have a vast collection of classic house, techno, happy hardcore and drum n bass tracks. As a teen, my tag was a3med as it connects correctly

rxxh.jpg

Always wanted to do this as a kid. I know some on this site are DJs so my question or rather advice can you give? I will have to purchase the two turntables, a mixer and equalizer. I have already two powerful laptops that can handle music editing software. 

Of course this does not mean I will give up the railfanning hobby. Speaking of which I need a new accessory for the DSLR I use...

Damn, a shame this topic has been left dormant.

Mark, you've expressed much ardor in regard to the scene in the past, and it's nice to see you still have that passion. Is there anything in particular that you're inquiring about? Not an expert of any means in the ,but perhaps the amateur music producer in me can be of help. to a small extent.

If all else I'll link to another support site that would be of more use. Catch you later.

Damn, a shame this topic has been left dormant.

Mark, you've expressed much ardor in regard to the scene in the past, and it's nice to see you still have that passion. Is there anything in particular that you're inquiring about? Not an expert of any means in the ,but perhaps the amateur music producer in me can be of help. to a small extent.

If all else I'll link to another support site that would be of more use. Catch you later.

All good if left dormant, not offended by it.

But yeah I have to figure out what equipment I need, music editing software to get etc etc. I have friends of mine who does DJ got to contact him, been a minute. Everything else is just practice and online tutorials and I should get it and sample house and drum n bass, techno tracks and so forth. 

Need a change of pace know what I mean? Photography is my thing no doubt, where the heck is the R188's already lol. But i also wanted to try something different at the same time.

Good looks for the response.

To tell you straight, you seem to know much already as far as set up goes, so shouldn't prove to be too difficult for someone who's remotely knowledgeable.

What I'm meaning to ask is in regard to where you go with this, as in if you decide to take this further than just a side act. If so the field has become more competitive in recent years because the evolution of tech and how that tech has hit the mainstream, which if all else further bastardizes the integrity of everyone else.

Nevertheless go for it. You won't lose sleep over the 188's, or should I say 211's.

You can get a MIDI controller, like the Numark Mixtrak Pro II, or the Pioneer DDJ-SSX, or the Traktor S4... They come with the DJ software

Lots of people I know use Traktor S4,

And there are professionals who (if you have $6 grand) who have 2 Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus and 1 Pioneer DJM-900 Nexus mixer

When I was in NYC on Thanksgiving Eve, I briefly checked out this DJ store on 7th Ave near Penn Station before I headed back to Philly on Acela

I have some friends that DJ for parties and I provide the photographs for the partygoers that come and go. It's a nice little way to earn some money on the side. I say go for it!

Yeah I heard many multimedia artists at parties, banquet parties, weddings etc gets paid. Very competitive though as another mentioned. But me just for the fun of it, like I do with photography to relax and exercise the mind.

Many kids I grew up with were rocksteady crew (breakdancers, graf artists under different crews and DJs) and I've observed. This is a good talent to learn to carry on the NYC urban cultural tradition.

Interesting one. I would like to use radios as my hobby along with boating, and etc.........

Yeah I seen railfanners carry radios to keep up with dispatcher moves. Noticed that one day. Thought he was a cop lol, no just a fellow railfanner. :lol:

Archived