Why Do B/O's Drive So Slow Nowadays?

TeeLow

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The majority of vans drive fine; they just happen to drive like everyone else on the roads, and New York's brand of driver isn't exactly known for being law-abiding.

Are you implying that driving fine means driving like the majority of motorists when the majority of motorists are not law-abiding? Does this mean society considers it fine to drive in a non-law-abiding manner because "everybody does it?"

The majority of vans drive fine; they just happen to drive like everyone else on the roads, and New York's brand of driver isn't exactly known for being law-abiding.

Part in bold...

Are you talking about drivers in NY© in general, or the majority of dollar van drivers in NY© ?

Are you implying that driving fine means driving like the majority of motorists when the majority of motorists are not law-abiding?

Does this mean society considers it fine to drive in a non-law-abiding manner because "everybody does it?"

I was starting to agree with the point you were making, up until you said that part in bold.....

The majority of motorists are not law-abiding?

This obsession with demonizing motorists has gotten out of hand.....

Buses are slow now because the lead-footed white guys have mostly retired, and its all about "safety" with the greenhorns :D (not that safety is a bad thing mind you)

Although eloquently put, I have to agree with this.... I see what you're getting at

(although I think it was more a PBL vs MTA thing, regarding the amount of leadfoot drivers that existed)

Are you implying that driving fine means driving like the majority of motorists when the majority of motorists are not law-abiding? Does this mean society considers it fine to drive in a non-law-abiding manner because "everybody does it?"

Well, to say that New York drivers have a reputation for something does not necessarily mean it is true (and in any case, motorists should not be talking about the dollar van drivers like their s*** don't stink.) I'm not condoning anything; I'm just pointing out the hypocrisy.

Dollar vans are essentially half-legal anyways; they must get licensed, but curbside pickups are illegal.

Part in bold...

Are you talking about drivers in NY© in general, or the majority of dollar van drivers in NY© ?

The metro area just has really crappy drivers in general. The approaches of the river crossings in New York are proof enough.

Seemingly. (That answer applies regardless of whether there is an "obsession with demonizing motorists" here.)

Yeah, good for you....

-----------------------

Anyway....

The metro area just has really crappy drivers in general. The approaches of the river crossings in New York are proof enough.

I'm not doubting there are crappy (for lack of a better term) drivers in this city.... I just don't see how you can say the majority of vans drive fine; they just happen to drive like everyone else on the roads - and then bring up the reputation of NYC's drivers..... There is a certain implication that goes with such a statement.....

Yes it went live for us on Monday....they really got nothing else better to spend money on? How about a better pension for the x private line guys?? They should make every stop a time point just like it is on the guide a ride. This way everybody will be on the same page.

I agree with this point... Why did they stop doing this anyway?

Archived