Railfanning photos from yesterday 7/25/08

error46146

Great shots! A couple questions...

1. What the heck is "A Car Link Bar?"

2. What the exterior difference between the 143 and 160? I Can't remember.

Nice shots! The only question I could answer is number two [2]. The doors on the blind cars on the R143 are single doors. R160 have double doors like R142s. And I believe R143 are shorter in width than R160. I'm not sure.

Nice shots! The only question I could answer is number two [2]. The doors on the blind cars on the R143 are single doors. R160 have double doors like R142s. And I believe R143 are shorter in width than R160. I'm not sure.

And what exactly is a blind car??? Is it a B car??

And what exactly is a blind car??? Is it a B car??

I think he meant "blind end". And the flag on the bonnet of the R160s is above the (MTA) logo on the R160s, and below it on the R143s.

"A car link bar?" AIEEEEEEEEEEE! R46s can talk intelligently instead of just spewing information!!!!!!!!!!!! :):D:D

Nice photos error.

2. What the exterior difference between the 143 and 160? I Can't remember.

One thing off the bat is the flag placement on the front end of the car. The flag on the R143s is under the MTA logo, and for the the R160s, the flag is above the MTA logo.

nice shots, I think the "A Car Link Bar?" is taling about the LCD in the A car? unless thats a B car =|

anyways good one bill, love the first pic, and seems like the elevated ones look like a roller coster ride :D

Great shots! A couple questions...

1. What the heck is "A Car Link Bar?"

A car link bar, is the bar that is used to link cars together, to become a unit. For example 5 car units have link bars between the cars, but at the end of the unit, they have couplers to couple to other units or single cars. Single cars have couplers on both sides (front and back). Link bars only can be taken off by Car Equipment.

nice shots, I think the "A Car Link Bar?" is taling about the LCD in the A car? unless thats a B car =|

Nope.......

A car link bar, is the bar that is used to link cars together, to become a unit. For example 5 car units have link bars between the cars, but at the end of the unit, they have couplers to couple to other units or single cars. Single cars have couplers on both sides (front and back). Link bars only can be taken off by Car Equipment.

QUOTE]

Then why is it displayed on the LCD? :confused:

Why is it displayed on the LCD? :confused:

Archived