Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
Sign in to follow this  
error46146

Railfanning photos from yesterday 7/25/08

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0011.jpg

IMG_0030.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0039.jpg

IMG_0044.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

this t/o i guess thought i was gettin a vid and honked lol

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0072.jpg

IMG_0074.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0077.jpg

IMG_0079.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

IMG_0082.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

also thanks to whoever it was that wrote the thing bout using 1/125 to get the full circle of the R160 sign, worked like a charm! (think it was Fred G but im not sure)

Great shots! A couple questions...

1. What the heck is "A Car Link Bar?"

2. What the exterior difference between the 143 and 160? I Can't remember.

Nice shots! The only question I could answer is number two [2]. The doors on the blind cars on the R143 are single doors. R160 have double doors like R142s. And I believe R143 are shorter in width than R160. I'm not sure.

Nice shots! The only question I could answer is number two [2]. The doors on the blind cars on the R143 are single doors. R160 have double doors like R142s. And I believe R143 are shorter in width than R160. I'm not sure.

And what exactly is a blind car??? Is it a B car??

You came over by me, I see. Nice job, you got an R142 on Livonia, and you got one of the only R160 (Z) trains. Excellent.

And what exactly is a blind car??? Is it a B car??

I think he meant "blind end". And the flag on the bonnet of the R160s is above the (MTA) logo on the R160s, and below it on the R143s.

"A car link bar?" AIEEEEEEEEEEE! R46s can talk intelligently instead of just spewing information!!!!!!!!!!!! :):D:D

Nice photos error.

One thing off the bat is the flag placement on the front end of the car. The flag on the R143s is under the MTA logo, and for the the R160s, the flag is above the MTA logo.

nice shots, I think the "A Car Link Bar?" is taling about the LCD in the A car? unless thats a B car =|

anyways good one bill, love the first pic, and seems like the elevated ones look like a roller coster ride :D

A car link bar, is the bar that is used to link cars together, to become a unit. For example 5 car units have link bars between the cars, but at the end of the unit, they have couplers to couple to other units or single cars. Single cars have couplers on both sides (front and back). Link bars only can be taken off by Car Equipment.

nice shots, I think the "A Car Link Bar?" is taling about the LCD in the A car? unless thats a B car =|

Nope.......

like the pictures,was that an R142 in the (3) line!?

yea ether a(2)(4)<5> coming from yard, but normal service to bx

A car link bar, is the bar that is used to link cars together, to become a unit. For example 5 car units have link bars between the cars, but at the end of the unit, they have couplers to couple to other units or single cars. Single cars have couplers on both sides (front and back). Link bars only can be taken off by Car Equipment.

QUOTE]

Then why is it displayed on the LCD? :confused:

Why is it displayed on the LCD? :confused:

Why is it displayed on the LCD? :confused:

maybe its cuz its a bug or the is a car missing.. btw u could edit your last post mate.. just a FYI :(