Suffolk Transit is on Twitter.

mac5689

Suffolk Transit now has a twitter account where they post about delays and if a route will be detoured. https://twitter.com/SCTBusinfo However be forewarned that their account won't be monitored 24/7 365 days a year, so there will probably be days where stuff that will happen but won't be posted about. 

so many breakdowns in like a period of 6 days. 

Yeah, I was short of surprised by that. (I believe one or two, if I'm thinking of the same time period that you are speaking of, breakdowns happened before the bus was even in service.) While I don't know the causes for all the breakdowns, I know that at least one (The most recent 7B breakdown) was because the fan belt broke. 

Alright Mac, fess up.... you set up that twitter, didn't you  :D

Damn, you are on the ball with all those updates !!!

Seriously though, Although I'm not big on these social media sites, I suppose it's about time SCT got with the times....

Now if they would only make *some* type of change to their bland (IMO) looking site..... It doesn't have to be as involved as MTA's (which is actually a PITA at times), but something similar to bee-line's would suffice......

I see so many delays and so many breakdowns in like a period of 6 days.

I'm somewhat in awe of it myself.... Reminiscent of when MTA ran LIB....

Alright Mac, fess up.... you set up that twitter, didn't you  :D

Damn, you are on the ball with all those updates !!!

Nope not me. They really did set up a Twitter account. 

Heck the only one of those breakdowns that they posted about on Twitter that I had heard about was the one about the 7B, which was after the fact, and that turned out to be caused by the fan belt breaking. 

I'm somewhat in awe of it myself.... Reminiscent of when MTA ran LIB....

My guess would be that most, or probably the ones that didn't have mention of a replacement bus being sent, were probably caused by something small like a fan belt breaking. 

NICE got a Twitter as well for posting service updates, as well as a Facebook page. I see no reason why Suffolk Transit should have those things as well. Social media plays a huge role in society today!

Yup. Not too mention it s also a nice service to the customers. I mean, if they happen to have Twitter and are waiting for their bus to show up but it doesn t, they can always see on SCT s Twitter if there s anything holding their bus (traffic, breakdown, ...).

Nice

No, Bee-Line.

(sorry, couldn t help myself... :D)

Archived