Sunday service

Amtrak7

Just because more people use one more than the other Mon-Sat doesn't mean they will all use on a Sunday.

Isn't that the truth LOL. 

and should the case of one of the be elminated, I'd opt for the S57.

That nearly happened back in 1990 (At the time the S57 had an annual ridership of 47,000 riders) .  Then in 1997 it seems that possibly both routes were up to be eliminated. 

I remember back when I was younger, every-time I saw either the S57 or the S59, the bus always seemed to be a 30ft bus. 

However, whichever one has less, it isn't by much.

This is ultimately more or less my point.....

Funny how the debate is whether the S59 or S57 gets more riders, but that's not really the point here. 

Thank you, captain obvious.....

Just because more people use one more than the other Mon-Sat doesn't mean they will all use on a Sunday.

Except neither I nor Q23 was implicating otherwise.... smh....

or at least be operated between Stony Brook and Smith Haven.

Doubt it would survive by just going from Smith Haven to Stony Brook.   All of it's incantations the S60 has always gone from Smith Haven Mall to Port Jefferson Station Via SUNY Stony Brook/Stony Brook RR and from Port Jefferson Station to Coarm. (no that's not some type of mistake before the S60 was the S60 it was two routes, technically three if you count that the current Port Jefferson-Smith Haven Mall portion of the S60.) 

I think the S60 should get Sunday service, or at least be operated between Stony Brook and Smith Haven.

Shhh, I'm not biased.

I could maybe understand b/w Port Jefferson station & Smith Haven, but b/w Stony Brook & Smith Haven?

That would be absolutely Wasteful....

Although it's not preposterous to suggest that the 60 get sunday service, I think it should run the full route....

As for how many trips, that I haven't thought of......

Does S33 get riders that go to the Tanger outlet @ Deer Park?

Yup...... Of the routes that serve Deer Park Tanger, most use the 33.....

Yes.

I could maybe understand b/w Port Jefferson station & Smith Haven, but b/w Stony Brook & Smith Haven?

Although it's not preposterous to suggest that the 60 get sunday service, I think it should run the full route....

Yup...... Of the routes that serve Deer Park Tanger, most use the 33.....

Cool. Do any connect from the N72? Their connections don't line up. 

Doubt it would survive by just going from Smith Haven to Stony Brook.   All of it's incantations the S60 has always gone from Smith Haven Mall to Port Jefferson Station Via SUNY Stony Brook/Stony Brook RR and from Port Jefferson Station to Coarm. (no that's not some type of mistake before the S60 was the S60 it was two routes, technically three if you count that the current Port Jefferson-Smith Haven Mall portion of the S60.) 

Today's S56 originally ran from Commack all the way to Port Jeff. Sta. via St. James & Rt. 25A. There was also a Smithtown to Coram route. Both former Coram Bus routes.

Maybe a little survey in towns across the route would give a good indication. For example, if most people say they want to travel in the PM rush, then they could add a few runs in the PM rush.

Today's S56 originally ran from Commack all the way to Port Jeff. Sta. via St. James & Rt. 25A. There was also a Smithtown to Coram route. Both former Coram Bus routes.

There was never a Commack to Port Jeff route. The route you are thinking of went from Port Jefferson to Smith Haven Mall Via Saint James and Stony Brook Rail Road. My Grandfather use to drive it when he worked for Coram Bus Service.

I'm not aware of a Smithtown to Coarm route.   

The only Coarm Bus Service routes I'm aware of was their Port Jefferson to Smith Haven Mall route, their Port Jefferson to Coarm route, and their Smith Haven Mall to Smith Point Beach Summer route (which at one point, before the county took over, they had to ask the county for money to help operate.)  I also recall reading that they had a route from Port Jefferson to Riverhead. 

Archived