‘Will Not Wait’ on Inequality, de Blasio Tells New York - NY Times

realizm

and msnbc or cnn is any better? As far as news goes, the local news is ok. I don't bother with any of those 24/7 new networks and especially none of the primetime shows.

As you can see I defended no station at all, and similar to others I'm reliant on third party sources on my news. Biased or not they beat out the conglomerates, down with the mainstream.

And furthermore, just when I thought this was done more irrelevant crap from another certain someone. I don't care who the hell you find hilarious on TV. This thread was created in regards to a serious issue. If you lack the ability to understand and respect that then get the hell out.

I'm just saying why is everyone always 'fox news is evil'? Ok fine so you (in general) don't like a certain channel. I am just saying I don't find anything wrong with the local channels other than the stupid promotions for their own shows like fox 5 is with american idol, etc. ftr i mainly watch ch 7 for the local news.

I just skimmed thru the page because i haven't been around here as often as i use too. 

Screw Fox, CNN, MSNBC, and every subsidiary of those garbage channels, the hell do those POS have anything to do with the subject?

because it seems like every single time it's always fox news bashing. Yes I get some people think's it is like some work of satan or something. All of them (left and right) are part of some propaganda machine. I just want the news and weather, nothing more.

because it seems like every single time it's always fox news bashing. Yes I get some people think's it is like some work of satan or something. All of them (left and right) are part of some propaganda machine. I just want the news and weather, nothing more.

The truth hurts. Apparently FOX news is bent on expressing far right extremism, poisoning the minds of the public. I dont support mdeia bias such as this at all. Take it or leave it.

Much of what they say is actually based on twisted information and if you've recalled I took just one article and pointed out in detail the flaws in the statements made to prove it with alternative sources! So I would imagine I know what I am talking about. You've read the string of posts I've made to debunk the commentators on FOX.

OK, I didn't mean to jump on anyone, (or to say that I hate fox 5) I just feel like ever since Roland & Ryan left, they've been going down hill... Dave's coattails were swingin' in the breeze dude... :D

Well the fact remains that FOX News is full of of it with reporting using distorting facts and portraying a far right slant on the news. See above quote and see I am holding back no punches. I am not apologizing where I am speaking truthfulness.

Done.

Well the fact remains that FOX News is full of of it with reporting using distorting facts and portraying a far right slant on the news. See above quote and see I am holding back no punches. I am not apologizing where I am speaking truthfulness.

Done.

So true...

OK, I didn't mean to jump on anyone, (or to say that I hate fox 5) I just feel like ever since Roland & Ryan left, they've been going down hill... Dave's coattails were swingin' in the breeze dude... :D

I think quality wise, that's the case with most channels.  Channel 7 I NEVER watch, Channel 4 I RARELY watch and Channel 9 & 11... Pfft please...  <_<

what ever happened to dave price?

He left FOX to do other things... Actually glad that he did... He was funny but not nearly as funny as Greg Kelly.

---

As for the others ganging up on FOX, of course they would say that.  They're far left liberals... Not a surprise.   <_<

I think quality wise, that's the case with most channels.  Channel 7 I NEVER watch, Channel 4 I RARELY watch and Channel 9 & 11... Pfft please...  <_<

He left FOX to do other things... Actually glad that he did... He was funny but not nearly as funny as Greg Kelly.

---

As for the others ganging up on FOX, of course they would say that.  They're far left liberals... Not a surprise.   <_<

OK. Fine, I am not admissing to what you think as extremism, I can see what extremism is, but you have a right to your opinion. 

Anyway because of the political slants seen in biased media networks on the cable networks, I tend to look for alternative news sources on the internet, nowadays even foreign newspapers. But that is just me. 

In effect I do not trust the media influenced by the White House Press committee and the propaganda they order the press to project in their reporting to the American audience. Bottom line. I think we can both agree to that. 

OK. Fine, I am not admissing to what you think as extremism, I can see what extremism is, but you have a right to your opinion. 

Anyway because of the political slants seen in biased media networks on the cable networks, I tend to look for alternative news sources on the internet, nowadays even foreign newspapers. But that is just me. 

In effect I do not trust the media influenced by the White House Press committee and the propaganda they order the press to project in their reporting to the American audience. Bottom line. I think we can both agree to that. 

I think my issue here is that it isn't all of FOX that is biased.  If we're talking about FOX CABLE then yes, they certainly have an agenda, but Fox 5 itself, I think they're far more down the middle if anything.  The fact of the matter is, just about every news channel has an agenda and is biased, it's just a question of which way they lean.

I think my issue here is that it isn't all of FOX that is biased.  If we're talking about FOX CABLE then yes, they certainly have an agenda, but Fox 5 itself, I think they're far more down the middle if anything.  The fact of the matter is, just about every news channel has an agenda and is biased, it's just a question of which way they lean.

Very true, that is indeed fact. 

That's about it....

http://news.yahoo.com/bill-gates-says-poor-countries-soon-history-021039261.html

Bill Gates Says Poor Countries Will Soon Be History
by Ameera Butt

The suffering that marks the lives of billions of poor people around the world today will be significantly reduced by the year 2035, because that's when Microsoft founder and philanthropist Bill Gates says there will be "almost no poor countries left in the world."

“The belief that the world can’t solve extreme poverty and disease isn’t just mistaken,” Gates recently wrote in his optimistic annual letter as cochair of the Gates Foundation. “It is harmful.”

Gates' pronouncement of what the future will look like is particularly mind-blowing when you consider this week's reality check of current global wealth inequity, from the humanitarian group Oxfam International: The richest 85 people in the world have amassed as much wealth as the world's 3.5 billion poorest people, or half of the world's population.

Left unchecked, the income disparity creates a dangerous situation in segments of the population that are left behind, said Sanford Schram, a political science professor at Hunter College.

When those disparities continue to grow, and there's nothing left to lose for those at the bottom of the pay spectrum, not only whill there be a drive for workers to "protest more and go on strike more, but they’re going to take other kinds of actions as well,” he said.

Financial deregulation and skewed tax systems were among the factors that helped widen the vast income disparity between the filthy rich and the downtrodden, Oxfam's report found.

To put it in Occupy Wall Street–friendly terms, the total wealth of the top 1 percent amounts to $110 trillion. That’s 65 times the total wealth of the bottom half of the world’s population, according to Oxfam.
People are always going to make money in a capitalistic system, but the problem is the government isn’t doing enough to help society benefit from singular successes, Schram said.

“The main issue is that we have made it harder for people to work and earn a decent living” since 2007's financial meltdown, aka the Great Recession, he said. Further financial deregulation has "only exacerbated an already large technological shift and redistribution of wealth upwards.”

Schram, like Gates, feels optimistic the world is moving toward solving its wealth disparity problem, adding that people are becoming more aware of the issue in this country and elsewhere.

“There’s a lot we can do: bring jobs home, to improve the pay and the benefits that are associated with them, to give people government benefits when those jobs are insufficient and [give] them the resources they need [to] thrive,” Schram said. “The real solution is to have the government be more involved in restructuring economic growth.”

That doesn't rule out the work of philanthropists such as Gates and Warren Buffett, who are calling on fellow billionaires to take more active roles in philanthropy through a campaign launched last year called “The Giving Pledge.” Fellow tycoons are invited to give away 50 percent of their net worth in a lifetime or a will.
In a speech last month, President Barack Obama called income disparity a bigger threat to the American economy than the federal budget deficit.

More Americans are feeling the pinch: A recent Gallup poll showed two out of three Americans are dissatisfied with the way income and wealth are distributed in the U.S.

In the U.S., the Oxfam report found that since 2009, the wealthiest 1 percent have captured 95 percent of post–financial crisis growth, while the bottom 90 percent have become poorer. Meanwhile, the percentage of income held by the richest 1 percent in the U.S. has grown nearly 150 percent from 1980 through 2012.

The U.S. is a leader in producing this kind of inequality in the last 30 years based on the way it’s changed the tax laws, its regulation of finance, and rewarding people for making more money, Schram said.

But is it possible for rich Americans, who love their land of opportunity, to be addicted to money?

“It’s always been part of our folklore, part of our culture and value system, that we prize our freedom—freedom to go out and make as much money as we can for ourselves,” Schram said.

Stating a fact (as far as myself) is not a rebuttal.

Step up your game or be stepped on.

Yes, because it's a joke.  To call the entire network out is a bit dramatic.  I watch Fox 5 every morning and they're certainly pretty fair, especially in comparison to Fox Cable.  

Please, I don't give a damn about that.

What I did give a damn about was the actual topic, now replaced by discussions on favorite news anchors.

I'm done here for now, I've said enough.

Archived