Your Favorite Subway Memories?

Daniel The Cool

i remember one time on the West End (B) , we stop at Union Street on the express track because of signal problem. It was red for long time and the conductor waited like 10 minutes to move thru the red light. i was so young that i was looking out the window. it was not the slanted one. i forgot what series it was. 

• 4 weeks later...

back in 2001 or 2002 I caught a redbird 2 train at 225th street. I peaked out of the side windows and I seen a uptown diamond redbird 5 train. rode that all the way to 125th street then coming back caught a r142 2 train. another one was in late 2002 or early 2003 I always used to see the redbirds and r62s on the 4 line coming and going on mount eden avenue. another one was in 2003 I rode a redbird 4 train to woodlawn then when I crossed to the r62 4 train it went express to burnside avenue

My best experience was when the (B)(D)(F)(M) was doing Fastrak repairs and the (Q) was extended to 21 St-Queensbridge.  The conductor accidentally programmed the (Q) to run to "East Side-96 St".  It was an exciting peek at the new FIND system for the (Q) and other things that are yet to come.  

My best experience was when the (B)(D)(F)(M) was doing Fastrak repairs and the (Q) was extended to 21 St-Queensbridge.  The conductor accidentally programmed the (Q) to run to "East Side-96 St".  It was an exciting peek at the new FIND system for the (Q) and other things that are yet to come.  

That was my favorite FasTrack. It was worth fanning it too

• 1 month later...

The most amazing thing happened yesterday! I was on a downtown 6 train planning to go around the loop and as I was taking a video from the side windows the train operator, whose name I found out was John, let me inside the cab and allowed me to take an RFW of the City Hall Loop from an R142A! This is an experience I will always remember!

The most amazing thing happened yesterday! I was on a downtown 6 train planning to go around the loop and as I was taking a video from the side windows the train operator, whose name I found out was John, let me inside the cab and allowed me to take an RFW of the City Hall Loop from an R142A! This is an experience I will always remember!

Don't tell us that! And definitely don't tell us the name!

SMEEs on the (N). I recall seeing and riding the 32s, 40s (slants and modifieds), and the 68/68As during my childhood.

Don't take MVH9218's warning lightly. Hopefully you made up that name, or else you may have gotten that train operator into a whole lot of trouble. Either way, next time you really should keep unauthorized activities like this to yourself.

- Riding the R40s on the (M) when it ran down to Bay Parkway, good times.

- Riding around the curve between 9th Avenue and Fort Hamilton at 40 mph. Driver was a beast.

- Finally completing the route of the (N), when I rode it to Astoria - to go to LaGuardia.

- My first R160 train sighting. It was a test train - but it looked wickedly awesome at the time. I was a kid back then.

- All the friendly T/Os who honked, waved, and smiled while I was railfanning.

still happens to me :)

Happened yesterday again!

Riding the (W) when I was little, like 4? Estimate my age :).

Riding an R32 (E) when I was little, and I misjudged it. :P

And seeing it have only one door open with the other one stuck, plus, went really slow between Jackson Heights and Forest Hills. Didnt know what track maintaining is.

Archived