Express service on the Woodlawn Line

Eddie

No need for an express service on (4), on a almost short line, and besied pasangers can always rely on the Concourse line(:D(D) . Now for service like the (2)(5)<5>(6)<6> which are almost lonely routes and far aprt needs something like that.

especially the Pelham bay line(6)<6> which runs solo on westchester crossing south bronx

(1) train... meh the (A) is near it anyways, and its a small population or people who needs train in riverdale

Simple Solution (and I've been saying it for a while now):

AM Rush

Woodlawn

Mosholu Parkway

Bedford Park Boulevard

Kingsbridge Road

Fordham Road

183rd Street

Burnside Avenue

149th Street

125th Street

(and so on)

PM Rush

125th Street

149th Street

Burnside Avenue

183rd Street

Fordham Road

Kingsbridge Road

Bedford Park Boulevard

Mosholu Parkway

Woodlawn

Every other or every 3rd (4) will be <4> in the Bronx. <4> will be every 6th train to the Bronx when theres a Yankees game.

I agree with Pablo, the <4> is very simple and vital soulotion and dont forget how the stupid (J)(Z) express is. It's just saves 3 minutes and pass only 3 stations. Also I think the (A) should get an express for it's rockaway trains. Stop at 80th Street and then continue on the express track straight to Aqueduct/N Conduit.

Simple Solution (and I've been saying it for a while now):

AM Rush

Woodlawn

Mosholu Parkway

Bedford Park Boulevard

Kingsbridge Road

Fordham Road

183rd Street

Burnside Avenue

149th Street

125th Street

(and so on)

PM Rush

125th Street

149th Street

Burnside Avenue

183rd Street

Fordham Road

Kingsbridge Road

Bedford Park Boulevard

Mosholu Parkway

Woodlawn

Every other or every 3rd (4) will be <4> in the Bronx. <4> will be every 6th train to the Bronx when theres a Yankees game.

That's a great idea. The (4) needs all the help it can get in the Bronx. But isn't there a way to keep the (4) as a <4> with it still being stopping at Yankee Stadium on game days, like the (D)?

They could have it stop at 161 and 167 and then run express to Burnside but then if it's stoping at 161 and 167 it might as well run local.

I don't like the fact that MTA jacks up the (D) exp for Yankee games, its bad enough without the games. I don't think (4) riders should be forced to suffer for people outside the bx to come watch a baseball game.

And walking is more reliable than the Concourse lines.

Also I think the (A) should get an express for it's rockaway trains. Stop at 80th Street and then continue on the express track straight to Aqueduct/N Conduit.
Nah, theres no point. It saves almost no time. and its only going to skip 2 stops.

No need for an express service on (4), on a almost short line, and besied pasangers can always rely on the Concourse line(:D(D) . Now for service like the (2)(5)<5>(6)<6> which are almost lonely routes and far aprt needs something like that.

especially the Pelham bay line(6)<6> which runs solo on westchester crossing south bronx

(1) train... meh the (A) is near it anyways, and its a small population or people who needs train in riverdale

uh no, during peak hours... it can get crowded in BOTH DIRECTIONS

dun believe me? try riding the 4 at 7:20 NB at yankee...

They could have it stop at 161 and 167 and then run express to Burnside but then if it's stoping at 161 and 167 it might as well run local.

I don't like the fact that MTA jacks up the (D) exp for Yankee games, its bad enough without the games. I don't think (4) riders should be forced to suffer for people outside the bx to come watch a baseball game.

And walking is more reliable than the Concourse lines.

it sucks dat concourse is a three tracked line

The <4> should run express between 125 Street and Woodlawn peak direction only (to Manhattan PM) and (To Broxn PM) and the <4> express should be a weekday service.

Except for one thing. That would only benefit people who live at Burnside Ave or Woodlawn. That also worsens service for every other station along the line particularly inbound, and adds to the usual confusion at 149 GC/Mott station as now you'll have people transfering 2/5 to 4, 4 to 2/5, and now <4> to (4) if their stop is being skipped. That creates problems because almost every 4 train through that station during the rush is crush loaded, so now everyone for Jerome line local has to empty off the express at 149, and the near empty express train leaves the station while a packed local train pulls in behind and maybe 25 of the 175 people that got off waiting for the local can get in, the rest wait for the next local.

And we haven't even discussed what happens when the Yankees are playing yet...

So Sorry to burst your bubble on that one, but remember just because the tracks are there doesn't mean they need to be used. What would really improve the Lexington Avenue lines (particularly the 4) is if the bugs with ATS were worked out, that would ease delays...

The <4> should run express between 125 Street and Woodlawn peak direction only (to Manhattan PM) and (To Broxn PM) and the <4> express should be a weekday service.

You gotta specify the service better. Like what SubwayGuy sort of said, it doesn't make sense to do 149th Street, Burnside Ave, and then Woodlawn. Its seems obvious that you don't think through about these kind of services.

Except for one thing. That would only benefit people who live at Burnside Ave or Woodlawn. That also worsens service for every other station along the line particularly inbound, and adds to the usual confusion at 149 GC/Mott station as now you'll have people transfering 2/5 to 4, 4 to 2/5, and now <4> to (4) if their stop is being skipped. That creates problems because almost every 4 train through that station during the rush is crush loaded, so now everyone for Jerome line local has to empty off the express at 149, and the near empty express train leaves the station while a packed local train pulls in behind and maybe 25 of the 175 people that got off waiting for the local can get in, the rest wait for the next local.

And we haven't even discussed what happens when the Yankees are playing yet...

So Sorry to burst your bubble on that one, but remember just because the tracks are there doesn't mean they need to be used. What would really improve the Lexington Avenue lines (particularly the 4) is if the bugs with ATS were worked out, that would ease delays...

What makes you think the bugs can ever be worked out on the Lex? IIRC the premise was that ATS would help increase capacity on the Lex line. During rush hour the (4) and (5) are already OVER capacity. I believe that it's a physical impossibility to pour 10 ozs. of fluid into an 8 oz. container and that's what they're trying to do on Lex Ave. Go to the MTA website and try the Trip Planner. Pick a (4) or (5) trip to Bowling Green or Franklin Ave starting at 8 am or 3 pm from WDL or Dyre. The planner will give you the scheduled arrival time ( pre ATS ). Ride that interval and you will arrive at Bowling Green about 6-8 minutes late when ATS is in effect. The Franklin Ave time will be closer to 10 minutes late. That's why so many A Division T/Os and C/Rs are picking over into the B Division.

What makes you think the bugs can ever be worked out on the Lex? IIRC the premise was that ATS would help increase capacity on the Lex line. During rush hour the (4) and (5) are already OVER capacity. I believe that it's a physical impossibility to pour 10 ozs. of fluid into an 8 oz. container and that's what they're trying to do on Lex Ave. Go to the MTA website and try the Trip Planner. Pick a (4) or (5) trip to Bowling Green or Franklin Ave starting at 8 am or 3 pm from WDL or Dyre. The planner will give you the scheduled arrival time ( pre ATS ). Ride that interval and you will arrive at Bowling Green about 6-8 minutes late when ATS is in effect. The Franklin Ave time will be closer to 10 minutes late. That's why so many A Division T/Os and C/Rs are picking over into the B Division.

Yup I ride Lex everyday, especially during AM rush the express is brutal, sometimes the local is faster...sometimes it can be 15 MPH all the way to Brooklyn Bridge, 10-15 MPH all the way through Joralemon, and now even if you catch a decent headway on the train in front of you, there's slow speed in that tunnel on the S/B tk coming out of the tunnel where they're doing work (I think it's 3rd rail work, not sure, because there seems to be a section that's out which as of a few weeks ago was arcing like the 4th of July)

That said I personally don't think they'll be able to fix the ATS, I mean like you said...right? But Perhaps they will need to wait for CBTC which if working right would allow them to run trains MUCH closer together, and that'd be a very long way off, hasn't even been discussed on Lex as far as I know. For now I'm hoping they can get Phase I of SAS built as far north as 96 (hah hah...) and maybe that would take a big load off the upper east side, maybe can run a couple fewer tph on Lex as a result b/c the most crowded points IMO are b/w 96 and 51 most of which SAS would hit, but im just speculating on all that

As for you guys, I definitely understand where you're coming from on that, can't be pleasant always running behind time, getting a shortened (or waving good bye to) lunch, and then getting the dreaded "where did you lose your time" because of the problem that You dont control that you all know about so I feel you on that...

However getting back to the thread I still don't think Jerome line skip stop or express would do much to relieve crowding, and it would only really help people who lived at Burnside or WDL (the express service), and if anything might mean having to run a couple more tph on the (4) to make up Jerome local service which will only make the ATS problems worse. Not to mention skip stop + ATS will make for some "interesting" situations, and by interesting I mean bad.

I believe that it's a physical impossibility to pour 10 ozs. of fluid into an 8 oz. container and that's what they're trying to do on Lex Ave.

Remember, it's the (MTA) we're dealing with here... just because it's physically impossible, doesn't mean they're not going to try... :eek:

Remember, it's the (MTA) we're dealing with here... just because it's physically impossible, doesn't mean they're not going to try... :eek:

bingo. anything is both possible and impossible with the mta :(

You gotta specify the service better. Like what SubwayGuy sort of said, it doesn't make sense to do 149th Street, Burnside Ave, and then Woodlawn. Its seems obvious that you don't think through about these kind of services.

i agree with pablo. dude, i dun mean to attack you Kexpress, but if u plan express service, please plan it for the community's needs and not for the pleasure of skipping a few stops. it may be fast for sum, but hell for others.

its very hard to have express service on the line, i mean. burnsides the only station along the line (except for woodlawn or 149) to be considered as a de facto express station. having one intermediate stop would mean people trying to get on the express at burnside or to the local at burnside, hence slowing down either the express or the local.

There's no express service on the Woodlawn Line because every stop is popular and crowded during AM rush.I live on Mt Eden Ave.It's always crowded.Every single stop from Woodlawn and 161 St-Yankee Stadium.Then when there are Yankee Games the middle track is used for layups for extra service for Yankee Fans.They layup between 170th St and Burnside.About 3-5 10 car R142 and R142A's

There's no express service on the Woodlawn Line because every stop is popular and crowded during AM rush.I live on Mt Eden Ave.It's always crowded.Every single stop from Woodlawn and 161 St-Yankee Stadium.Then when there are Yankee Games the middle track is used for layups for extra service for Yankee Fans.They layup between 170th St and Burnside.About 3-5 10 car R142 and R142A's

nd.. its not only crowded uni-directional in da morning or aft

ITS BI-DIRECTIONALLY CROWDED

ill show u sum shots wen im back at science in a cpl of days

nd.. its not only crowded uni-directional in da morning or aft

ITS BI-DIRECTIONALLY CROWDED

ill show u sum shots wen im back at science in a cpl of days

Please don't remind me that I have to deal that mess in the morning 4 days from now. After a 45 min LTD bus ride, a hot and crowded (E), a slow and late (R), I still have to get on the (4) which never seems to come when needed and then it's beyond SRO. And what sucks the most is that the train only begins to empty out at Kingsbridge. A stop before I have to get off.

2 Train Master: if they ran some of the trains express between Burnside and 125 st stopping at 149 then the service would be less erratic and people south of Fordham would have a chance at getting a seat. As it stands the (4) is like a conga line from Woodlawn to 149, one train after the other and all it takes is one (4) being held longer than it should be and the whole line gets jacked up.

Please don't remind me that I have to deal that mess in the morning 4 days from now. After a 45 min LTD bus ride, a hot and crowded (E), a slow and late (R), I still have to get on the (4) which never seems to come when needed and then it's beyond SRO. And what sucks the most is that the train only begins to empty out at Kingsbridge. A stop before I have to get off.

Hmmm? I always get to my uptown (4) on time... at the exact same time every day... what time do you get to 59/Lex?

No I don't go to Sci... I just happen to take the (4)/(5) uptown to get to my school every morning.

Hmmm? I always get to my uptown (4) on time... at the exact same time every day... what time do you get to 59/Lex?

No I don't go to Sci... I just happen to take the (4)/(5) uptown to get to my school every morning.

Between 7:20 and 7:35. It depends on which Q46 or QM1A I get on and if I get the 1A, how bad the LIE is that morning.

2 Train Master: if they ran some of the trains express between Burnside and 125 st stopping at 149 then the service would be less erratic and people south of Fordham would have a chance at getting a seat. As it stands the (4) is like a conga line from Woodlawn to 149, one train after the other and all it takes is one (4) being held longer than it should be and the whole line gets jacked up.

just a question, are you from science?

sumtimes it starts to empty at bedford

Archived