G Train extension

Eddie

Actually, Queens Plaza to 5th/53rd, but it shares the rest with the (F), so... Plus, you can't have people b****ing about having their precious (F) going to 63rd St and being stuck with the (E) and the (V) for 53rd St, because an (F) variant would go to both... B)

On that note, to have a little more fun, extend the (V) to 179 St via local, and have the (F) run up there via express... see how the people like that! It would be a(n almost) true (F)<(F)> line! Just think:

179 St, Jamaica

Coney Island

<(F)> Queens Boulevard/Culver Express

6 Av/63 St Local

179 St, Jamaica

Kings Highway

(F) Queens Boulevard/Culver/6 Av/53 St Local

;):P Never gonna happen.

Not going to happen, but a damn good idea.

personally, i hope they do extend the (G) arent the express tracks just collecting rat piss and some work trains here & there? i'd prolly improve(F) service all the more, with express service in bklyn

since we're in the fantasy rerouting mood heres a thought...run the (B)&(D) over the brighton line with the (D)express to coney island and the (B) to brighton so its now kinda like the the 6th ave. version of the (A)&(C) running together throughout the route guess u can run the (Q) over west end line so you'd have all the BMT's running together in bklyn and the broadway (N)(Q)(R) lines to boot and IND's together as well

personally, i hope they do extend the (G) arent the express tracks just collecting rat piss and some work trains here & there? i'd prolly improve(F) service all the more, with express service in bklyn

since we're in the fantasy rerouting mood heres a thought...run the (B)&(D) over the brighton line with the (D)express to coney island and the (B) to brighton so its now kinda like the the 6th ave. version of the (A)&(C) running together throughout the route guess u can run the (Q) over west end line so you'd have all the BMT's running together in bklyn and the broadway (N)(Q)(R) lines to boot and IND's together as well

Sometimes those tracks are used to send back the (G) trains to the yard, this extension can be easily done... B)

that wood be weird...

How about this:

(G) local to Church Avenue

(V) local to Kings Highway

(F) express to Coney Island

Normally I would have the main train run local full route and have the part time train run express, but there is Queens Blvd. to consider so I picked the above as such. Below is such an example of what I would normally suggest.

As for switching the (D) back to the Brighton Local, Brighton Line residents prefer the Broadway Line, so the (Q) would wind up staying there. You could have the (W) run express there. And once 2nd Avenue runs, the (Q) to Astoria and the (N) up 2nd Avenue. The (Q) would be the full time local along Broadway, and the (W) speeds Brighton Line passengers up to the Broadway Line.

Then again you could have the (B)(D) run from 205th Street to Coney Island via West End

Peak Hours:

(D) Local All Times - Bedford Park Blvd. to Coney Island (Local even along CPW)

(D) Local 205th Street - Coney Island Late Nights and Weekends (Express along CPW)

(B) 205th Street - Bay Parkway (weekdays only) via Concourse, CPW, West End Express

The (W) would be the express version of the (Q) and the (B) would be the express version of the (D)

Archived