Bus Etiquette

CPBO

I see a train one.....so for sure we need a bus one.....

When you are entering the bus........

Have your metrocard out and ready to swipe.....not in your bag and digging for it and saying ....I've been waiting for an hr....so why don't you have your metrocard out and stop holding me up?

Have your change out...this can go with the above....instead of metrocard replace it with the word change!!

When I pull up in front of you and open the door.....don't look at the people standing around and wait for someone to move to the door.....door is open jump on or get left!!

Don't pull up infront of the bus with your car, block me in and then just ask me directions....I will close the door and keep it moving!!

ok bus drivers chime in.....I could go on and on with this......(MTA)

Don't get on the bus before people get off the bus. Because then, that person is going to have to push past you. (I saw this one time where someone tried to get on before this really fat person got off, and the fat person made him get back off so she could get off. Delayed the bus by one minute, but it was hilarious.)

The bus is not your living room. Don't talk loudly on your cell phone.

The bus is not your garbage can. Don't litter.

Give up your seat if you are sitting in the front of the bus and you see an older person get on. Be courteous.

Please, move to the back of the bus. I cannot stress this enough. There is always room back there, and there is an extra door. No need to crowd up by the front.

No, I'm not a B/O...

This is My etiquette.. PLEASE DON'T SQUEEZE YOUR BIG ASS INTO THE MIDDLE OR SIDE SEAT IF YOU KNOW YOU CAN NOT FIT IN ONE OF THOSE SEATS WITHOUT MAKING THE NEXT PERSON FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE!!!!!

I REALLY HATE THAT AND BIG PEOPLE DO IT ALL THE TIME! Sorry about the caps. I just noticed I was typing in caps and I'm not gonna type it over!... but yeah!

Oh.. And let the bus driver know if you don't have the exact fare and don't argue if he/she don't let you on! Your already wrong. They may be nice and let you ride!

Ok, I don't ride the bus frequently, but I do have a couple:

Don't have 20 Metrocards in hand checking to see which of the 20 have at least $2.00 on it. (I must admit I've been guilty of having loads of metrocards :D, but I won't swipe at the turnstile or dip on the bus - I'll check them at the machine)

Don't crowd the stairs by the back door.

(1.) Please have your Metro-Card and/or change out b4 getting on the bus instead of standing there blocking the front doors fiddling for change and Metro-Card.....your holding up the entire bus.

(2.) If you see that the bus is already crowded please find another empty to get on.....its not that serious.

(3.) Don't stand next me showing me your sad puppy dog face b/c you want to sit down....I'm not getting up until my destination.

(4.) If you see a line for the bus, don't jump infront of everyone b/c your in a rush to get home.

(5.) If you know you can't squeeze into a seat, don't even try that crap with me b/c you don't darn well you can't sit in that seat....move your behind to another seat or stand up like everyone else.

(6.) Let ppl off the bus b4 boarding and/or use the rear doors....is it that so hard to do.

(7.) People with those loud behind Nextel phones no one want to hear your corny songs you downloaded, hince thats why I-pod's and MP3 player's are for.

(8.) If you know your stop is coming up, get your stupid behind up and stand behind the white line instead waiting for the last minute to get off.

(9.) People with children should have their child sitting on their laps instead of hogging up that one seat someone may need.

(10.) If you decide to eat on the bus @ least take your trash with you, this is not your house and/or bedroom.

(11.) For those school kids, have some class and act like you have some home training instead of acting like uncivilized spoil brats.

(12.) Don't block the rear doors knowing ppl have to get off the bus....find another spot to stand in.

(13.) Don't get on the bus if you have get off the next stop or next two bus stops....walk you lazy fools.

Don't be an idiot and come through the back door when the bus is empty. Better yet don't come through the back door at all. If you don't have the full fare, talk to the B/O.

Stop getting on the LTD when you know you need a local stop.

On the Q46, stop taking up space on the LTD when you know you're getting off west of 188 St. Thats what the Springfield Blvd bus is for and it's not fair that I have to wait for another LTD because of that.

these are all good ones......how about I yell out "Limited Stops Only" and they still want to argue with me......hey sir...I rang the bell for that bus stop we just passed....and I say you rang the bell for the next stop....it is few blocks away....please have a seat.

and yes the 10 metrocards they found on the street and want to check em......please go to the train station and check em out.....

People running to get the bus and then just hold the door with thier leg for people half a block down....not even running for the bus.....excuse me but stand clear of the closing doors.....the next bus is 5 min wait during rush hr.

Excuse me Mr. I don't have the fair.....can I get a transfer....and a bag of Mcd's in the other hand....come on....

Stop getting on the LTD when you know you need a local stop.

On the Q46, stop taking up space on the LTD when you know you're getting off west of 188 St. Thats what the Springfield Blvd bus is for and it's not fair that I have to wait for another LTD because of that.

You know what that is an excellent point you made and I'm glad you brought it up since I truly forgot about it. They used to do all the time on the Q17 when I used to take from Flushing or Jamaica/Hollis. People would get mad b/c they B/O would bypass their local and get upset but the bus say Q17 Limited Jamaica-Archer Avenue and also have a purple and orange sign taped to the window in bold letters LIMITED...if you can't read that then either need glasses or take a cab home.

Don't play with the bell, and if you got kids, make sure they don't either.

Stop complaining because the bus skipped your stop, you shouldn't wait until the doors open to get up, either way the next stop in most cases is a block away, and they curse up a storm still.

Don't take the bus for one-three stops if they are VERY easy to walk, people do this on EVERY Bx14 bus, and they wait 20 minutes to take the bus one stop WTF.

1) If you are fat, and there is a seat in the middle, do not try to fit in.

2) If you got kids, tell them to not play with the bell, and yell.

3) Try to not to sit in the front, 'cause elders gotta sit too.

4) Do not trash talk like this is your house.

5) Pay attention to where you're gonna get off, do not ask the bus driver to stop, 'cause walking a few blocks is not stressful

6) For God's Sake, why can't they move to the rear of the bus

7) If you have a baby stroller, etc. do not put it in the middle of the aisle.

8) Do not get off in the front of the bus. There is a door in the back. Only get off in the front, if there is not a lotta people.

9) Do not wait for someone, by standing in the stairwell

10) If you know your MetroCard doesn't work, don't try it on the bus, do it at a train station.

11) Do not argue with the bus driver, unless you got a real good point.

You just described the scenario every morning on the Bx10 during the school year. Only difference is there's never any room to move back and the B/O keeps letting more people on the bus. then he/she gets mad, refuses to move the bus, people start yelling they can't move back, the B/O sits there until he/she realizes theres too many people on the bus and then has to drive with people in the stairwells.

I hate when people know a bus route has more than one terminal and then they wanna fight with the B/O for a transfer when the bus is a short run or goes to another terminal. Used to happen all the time on the Bx12 local at Sedgwick and it happens on the Q46. If you know you need LIJ why would you get on a bus that say mad big Q46 GLEN OAKS, VIA 260 ST?

Pretty much everybody got the one's I would say, but I do have one!

1.) If by some chance you ring the bell, and you are in the back of a crush loaded bus, it may take you a little longer to get to the door, but once you do, and the green light has gone off yell "back door" immediately! Don't just stand there pushing on the door like a dummy!

this one really bothers me......if you want to smoke and kill yourself, fine.....but don't be exhaling your second hand smoke in my face!! wtf

if you want to catch the bus, don't sit thier and wait till the bus is right on top of the stop and then stand up and wave.....too late.....or if you are just hanging out in the bus stop and not wanting the bus....wave me on....don't just stand thier and look stupid.:confused:

when you are getting on the bus.....please hang up the cell or tell the person to hold on and then put the metro card in......come on with this talking and looking for the card stuff....:eek:

i not finished.......

If you are planning to get off the bus please stand up early. do not wait 'til the bus has stop and walk causual. and once you get to the door let the people get on first and do not shove them and yell "Get out of my way" this only does not apply for elderlies.

All of these are good the cool and wish some of them could happen, but I feel a certain way about some of them. But my main Beef is the the let the elderly up. I was in a situation where I was on the bus with a broken leg (crutches and cast on!) so I sat in front of the bus to I don't have to hope to the back and an elderly lady came on the bus and tried to make me get up. Not the bus says give this seat up to elderly in the disabled. In this case I'm considered a disabled right? I refused to get up when in the next seat over a lady had her 3 year old taking up a seat and wouldn't put the baby in her lap...

Finally the bus driver told the old lady that I am hurt and didn't have to get up and made the lady put her baby on her lap... But was I in the wrong here?

Anyway really what I wanted to say was "while we live in probably the most rudest inconsiderate city, non of these that we are listing will ever get solved! :eek:

All of these are good the cool and wish some of them could happen, but I feel a certain way about some of them. But my main Beef is the the let the elderly up. I was in a situation where I was on the bus with a broken leg (crutches and cast on!) so I sat in front of the bus to I don't have to hope to the back and an elderly lady came on the bus and tried to make me get up. Not the bus says give this seat up to elderly in the disabled. In this case I'm considered a disabled right? I refused to get up when in the next seat over a lady had her 3 year old taking up a seat and wouldn't put the baby in her lap...

Finally the bus driver told the old lady that I am hurt and didn't have to get up and made the lady put her baby on her lap... But was I in the wrong here?

Anyway really what I wanted to say was "while we live in probably the most rudest inconsiderate city, non of these that we are listing will ever get solved! :eek:

You have all rights to sit there....broken leg or broken arm. Who the heck she think she is? If she wanted a seat so bad she should have called Access-A-Ride its the same price as the bus and subway fare $2. As for that other lady with her child.....children need to be sitting on their parents laps not hogging up the seat.

You are definately not wrong...You should've beat her with the crutch... B) I hate when old people go to the back even though the hole bus is empty, then they come and tell me to close the window, even though I'm recording an open window video, 3 of my videos (about to be 4, all in the summer time) on YouTube I had to ignore requests to close the window from an old lady @ the back of an empty bus... No one told them to sit there!

Anyways here's some more.

1. PLEASE don't wait for the driver to release the brake to yell backdoor.

2. PLEASE don't enter a local Bx12 with a SBS ticket, it's very easy to tell the difference between SBS and local.

3. Never use walkie-talkie or speakerphone, I had enough of it when I'm trying to get a video and then some loudmouth enters the bus and talks on the phone for the whole ride.

4. Don't yell so everyone onboard can hear you, the whole ride. Usually it's the crackheads, they act all quiet before they get on but once they're on they are loud as a m*****f*****....:mad::mad:

Those seats are for the Elderly and disabled. You had crutches, you had priority seating there. When I got those with crutches on the bus, I wouldn't move until they sat...... Now if it were you getting on my bus, and I knew it was you, I would gun it before you sat, just to see you do a cartoon mid air cartwheel, and land on your a$$. Why? Not because I'm evil, but because I believe a leg broken, should go with an a$$ broken......:D:D:D

1) If you are fat, and there is a seat in the middle, do not try to fit in.

But my knees can't hold up my planetary girth. My legs are bowed due to the extraordinary weight, which feels like a 12 G force on my legs. So next time I want to sit down, and I come your way, move or mimick pizza cheese stuck to the top of the box.....

2) If you got kids, tell them to not play with the bell, and yell.

I know how to raise my kids, who do you think you are telling me how to raise my, rude, disrespectful, fatherless, children. All you need to do is just pay your taxes, so I can get taken care of.....

3) Try to not to sit in the front, 'cause elders gotta sit too.

They get discounts, AARP, medicare etc... Now they want priority seating too????

4) Do not trash talk like this is your house.

Your tax payer money, that supports me, so I can pay my bus fare, makes this bus mine. It is my house......

5) Pay attention to where you're gonna get off, do not ask the bus driver to stop, 'cause walking a few blocks is not stressful

I pay for this service, and it is my limousine. Screw everyone else on the bus.....

For God's Sake, I don't want you to get on, that's why I act as I don't hear the driver when they say move back....

7) If you have a baby stroller, etc. do not put it in the middle of the aisle.

I put it where I want.....

8) Do not get off in the front of the bus. There is a door in the back. Only get off in the front, if there is not a lotta people.

I get off where I want......

9) Do not wait for someone, by standing in the stairwell

I wait for who I want.....

10) If you know your MetroCard doesn't work, don't try it on the bus, do it at a train station.

They won't let me in for free on the train, when I try the "my card don't work scam", that some do......

I'm the customer, and my good point is I'm always right, cause I'm the customer, and MTA said so......

Those seats are for the Elderly and disabled. You had crutches, you had priority seating there. When I got those with crutches on the bus, I wouldn't move until they sat...... Now if it were you getting on my bus, and I knew it was you, I would gun it before you sat, just to see you do a cartoon mid air cartwheel, and land on your a$$. Why? Not because I'm evil, but because I believe a leg broken, should go with an a$$ broken......:D:D:D

But my knees can't hold up my planetary girth. My legs are bowed due to the extraordinary weight, which feels like a 12 G force on my legs. So next time I want to sit down, and I come your way, move or mimick pizza cheese stuck to the top of the box.....

I know how to raise my kids, who do you think you are telling me how to raise my, rude, disrespectful, fatherless, children. All you need to do is just pay your taxes, so I can get taken care of.....

They get discounts, AARP, medicare etc... Now they want priority seating too????

Your tax payer money, that supports me, so I can pay my bus fare, makes this bus mine. It is my house......

I pay for this service, and it is my limousine. Screw everyone else on the bus.....

For God's Sake, I don't want you to get on, that's why I act as I don't hear the driver when they say move back....

They won't let me in for free on the train, when I try the "my card don't work scam", that some do......

I'm the customer, and my good point is I'm always right, cause I'm the customer, and MTA said so......

LOL... you must really hate the DOB.

Those seats are for the Elderly and disabled. You had crutches, you had priority seating there. When I got those with crutches on the bus, I wouldn't move until they sat...... Now if it were you getting on my bus, and I knew it was you, I would gun it before you sat, just to see you do a cartoon mid air cartwheel, and land on your a$$. Why? Not because I'm evil, but because I believe a leg broken, should go with an a$$ broken......;):D:D

ROFL! Aww look at what operating trains did to you... :D

Originally Posted by DOB2RTO

Those seats are for the Elderly and disabled. You had crutches, you had priority seating there. When I got those with crutches on the bus, I wouldn't move until they sat...... Now if it were you getting on my bus, and I knew it was you, I would gun it before you sat, just to see you do a cartoon mid air cartwheel, and land on your a$$. Why? Not because I'm evil, but because I believe a leg broken, should go with an a$$ broken......

LOL......yes...yes that is what I hear all day long when I am driving......how did you do that?? LOL j/k. I am soooo looking forward to the bronx and all it has to offer the Bus Operator!! LOL :eek: (MTA)

Archived