‘We’ll Be Moving Shortly,’ Says Train Conductor Waiting For Workers To Remove Dead Body From Tracks

Turbo19

700.jpg?1290

NEW YORK—As three maintenance workers lugged the corpse of an unidentified man off the tracks ahead, Brooklyn-bound C train operator Martin Carter assured passengers they would be moving shortly. “Sorry folks, we’re experiencing a brief technical delay,” the 16-year MTA veteran told passengers as a man’s lifeless, nearly severed body was dragged out of the way of trains ahead, leaving a trail of blood and brain matter in it its wake. “We apologize for the wait. Should be cleared momentarily.” At press time, the train’s occupants were cursing the six-minute delay.''

Read: Source

This is satire.

Man thus story just made me cringe.

LOL, in actuality they'll do what ever it takes to get service up again. I think there was actually a serious discussion here a while back, probably worth a search.

This is an article of the Onion.

More seriously

I don't know how it is in the New York City and in the USA but in France you can't move a dead body before the arrival of the police.

This means a total stop of the traffic in the area for a long time (about one hour).

This is a joke article, but there is probably some truth to it. But I believe if something like that is actually happening they'll say "due to police activity".

Haha, I swear shit like this really happens. Let me find the old topic.

This is an article of the Onion.

More seriously

I don't know how it is in the New York City and in the USA but in France you can't move a dead body before the arrival of the police.

This means a total stop of the traffic in the area for a long time (about one hour).

Well to my knowledge once NYPD and EMT's arrive it's all bets off. They're moving the corpse.

This is far from the truth based on the first line of the onion article. Maintenance workers moving a body. End of story. Police, EMS, FDNY and the Medical Examiner's office move bodies. Transit employees do not. All service in an area would stop until emergency personnel arrive and the police finish their investigation and turn back the tracks over control. Not to mention the mentioned agencies do not even descend onto the tracks until it is verified that power has been removed and all of this takes time. Far from the truth this story is indeed.

This is far from the truth based on the first line of the onion article. Maintenance workers moving a body. End of story. Police, EMS, FDNY and the Medical Examiner's office move bodies. Transit employees do not. All service in an area would stop until emergency personnel arrive and the police finish their investigation and turn back the tracks over control. Not to mention the mentioned agencies do not even descend onto the tracks until it is verified that power has been removed and all of this takes time. Far from the truth this story is indeed.

This is your profession, it's understandable as to why you'd be very detail oriented, but this is an entertainment piece. I wouldn't take it at face value.

• 2 months later...

Archived