What IRT lines need improvements?

B41

I would like to know if you guys think the numbered lines need service improvments. I travel in Manhattan a lot so I would love some feedback.

I will start it off by stating that the (3) should operate every 8 minutes on weekends instead of every 12 minutes. If anyone has agreements or disagreements, please add them here.

How about renovate the (7)<7> elevated structure, open courtlandt st station on the (1) and clean all the horrid pits of hell up on the lex.

- (A)

Yeah. (7)<7> local stations need a makeover.

(1). Not going to happen until the WTC site is rebuilt, unfortunately. But it should happen.

Lex: Hell yeah! I'm tired of staring up into peeling paint and staring down into sewage and garbage.

Reinstate the Bowling Green-South Ferry Shuttle? OR extend some (5)s to South Ferry.

Totally agree. I really liked being able to come up inside the whitehall ferry terminal building in bad weather!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- (A)

I would like to know if you guys think the numbered lines need service improvments. I travel in Manhattan a lot so I would love some feedback.

I will start it off by stating that the (3) should operate every 8 minutes on weekends instead of every 12 minutes. If anyone has agreements or disagreements, please add them here.

Heck yeah, the (3) should be running more on weekends! And with no (4) service in Brooklyn this weekend and Sep. 15th, it's going to be hell in Brooklyn with the added riders, but not enough trains. But, seriously, add (2) & (3) service on the weekends, even if it is just to every 10 minutes.

We need something done about the Eastern Pkwy EXP southbound during PM rush. Because of limited capacity at Flatbush, they decide to stack up the express to Utica, meaning no trains moving really (I've seen this quite a lot). But until Flatbush gets more capacity, nothing can be done there.

I think the (7)/<7> could use more service during the middays, like every 8 minutes per (7) and every 8 minutes per <7>, like the (6)/<6>, reverse peak 4 minutes. Likewise, the (6) needs more weekend service; every 8 minutes is an insult with over 40 trains to use, and the Lexington Av Local can get pretty crowded.

Stationwise: Renovate Pelham's stations, it's the only EL in the Bronx without any renovated stations so far. Also, Livonia still needs renovated stations as well. Most of the underground stations can all use some new tiles and things.

How about this: (5) service between Dyre Av and Flatbush Av at all times except late nights and then night service between Dyre Av and Grand Central-42st. It's good because it reduces waiting and crowding on the (4) so passengers don't have to get off at Bowling Green and wait fot the (4).

(6) Train needs something, I dont see any improvements on Pelham Bay Line

(5) Needs a fix too on Dyre Branch, if u go to the entry Building of Pelham Pkway, the damn stations paint is tearing..

(2) | (5)s 149Th Street Station |Lower Level, (4) Upper level too

(2)(5) Intervale could sray the same, but TA can add that Yellow Bumps for warnings of platform ends.. whats those call? for ADA i think

(1) North of 137th Street yes, especially 145th and 157, think I seen water leaks all over.

(3) at 145Th Street and 148th street to match improvements too 110th street

(S) 42nd Street and times sq, man they can do that, that way all of the shuttle is done

(7) Shea Stadium , i mean. I love the Mets, its not fair that the 161st street station on (4) gets sumin good, and us mets fans are left in cornor

How about this: (5) service between Dyre Av and Flatbush Av at all times except late nights and then night service between Dyre Av and Grand Central-42st. It's good because it reduces waiting and crowding on the (4) so passengers don't have to get off at Bowling Green and wait fot the (4).

I like the late night (5) service pattern. However, the midday extension to Bklyn College-Flatbush Av, I dont see(MTA) ever implementing that. Dont get me wrong, its a good idea, but, I dont see them having 4 IRT Trains into Brooklyn, except late nights.

The (1) line station at Courtlandt Street should be an Abandoned station.

Some (5) trains during rush hours that goes to Nereid Ave needs to be reextended to Wakefield-241 Street and run express even more between 149 Street and Wakefield-241 Street peak direction only (To Manhattan AM) and (From Manhattan PM). During late nights the (3) needs to be extended to 34 Street-Penn Station. The (MTA) needs to add <(1)> Additinoal express service and the <(1)> express could run on weekdays only and it could run express between 96 Street and 157 Street & also between Dyckman Street and Van Cortlandt Park-242 Street peak direction only (To Manhattan AM) and (To Broxn PM). The (MTA) sure need to add <4> Additinoal express service and the <4> can run on weekdays and the <4> can run express between 125 Street and Woodlawn peak direction only (To Manhattan AM) and (From Manhattan PM). The <4> can skip 138 Street and the (4) could stop at 138 Street all times. The some (6) trains does not need to Terminating at Parkchester. The <6> should express need to run express even more and skip more stations and the <6> can run express between 3 Avenue and Pelham Bay Park. Some (6) needs to be extended to Utica Ave during rush hours. There should be a <5> that can run during rush hour and that can run express even more between East 180 Street and Eastchester-Dyre Avenue and can run express in both directions. What I said about the IRT routes should do,thats what I think the (MTA) should do.

The (1) line station at Courtlandt Street should be an Abandoned station.
No, because the MTA plans on opening it up again.

Even though to connect at Chambers isn't bad, because whenever I need the West Side, Chambers isn't that bad of a walk from the WTC PATH station, but Cortlandt would be nice to have.

(7) Shea Stadium , i mean. I love the Mets, its not fair that the 161st street station on (4) gets sumin good, and us mets fans are left in cornor

It's getting repainted, and the platform edges have (or will have in the near future) an ADA compliant strip.

100_0800.jpg

It's too bad I'm a Yankee (hopeless team) fan though (and I live in Flushing, the Mets' backyard. Wierd). However I can still use the station for the US Open or playing tennis at the USTA or Corona Park, and I pass through it on my way to school every day when school is in session.

It's too bad I'm a Yankee (hopeless team) fan though (and I live in Flushing, the Mets' backyard. Wierd). However I can still use the station for the US Open or playing tennis at the USTA or Corona Park, and I pass through it on my way to school every day when school is in session.

Hey nothing wrong with being a Yankee fan... B)

Unfortunately, this year there is... we've got our rightful spot taken by those stupid Rays...

Yup and days like tonight and last night are certainly not helping things...

Not the way I envisioned sending Yankee stadium off into the sunset..

Yup and days like tonight and last night are certainly not helping things...

Not the way I envisioned sending Yankee stadium off into the sunset..

Yep... who would think removing the Devil from their name would lift them from last place?

(It's up to you how you want to interpret that, I know how I wrote it.B))

No, because the MTA plans on opening it up again.

Even though to connect at Chambers isn't bad, because whenever I need the West Side, Chambers isn't that bad of a walk from the WTC PATH station, but Cortlandt would be nice to have.

Technically it's a shell of a former station. It will have to be 100% rebuilt. That stop is a vital link in the downtown, especially between there & south ferry.

I also say make a sotuh ferry shuttle run it off the (5) or (6). Re-open the abandoned inner track platform for use with the shuttle especially for SIF passengers!!!

Also, they need to make sure that any new IRT construction in the WTC area is 100% terrorist proof even if they have to put cameras everywhere, but not so intense that it's all sterile & lame.

- (A)

<7> service on weekends,only flushing express,put new cars on them early so when the mets players are tired they get some good AC'ing,(7) goes into the new jersy.which was suppouse to happen when the (7) line was being made

the (4) gets extra service

the (9) comes back and it makes skip stops,while the (1) makes all of the stops

(3) goes into queens with extra service (i wounder when)

remove the times square shuttle,theres really no use for it

<7> service on weekends,only flushing express,put new cars on them early so when the mets players are tired they get some good AC'ing,(7) goes into the new jersy.which was suppouse to happen when the (7) line was being made

Hmmm where on the (3) line the tracks lead to Queens....42nd Street Shuttle is very useful. The Flushing Line will not get new cars no time soon so your stuck with the R-62A's and also its not going to New Jersey. New Jersey already got different forms of trains from commuter to light rails....no need for a NYC subway to go there.

(3) to QUEENS?? man that train goes to brooklyn, and there is no way for it to turn, unless u mean extend route after New Lots to like Howad beach with (A) . But thats really spending money, dont see improvements...

First, Mets players do not take the subway... they take a tour bus. Second, the (7)<7> was never supposed to go into Jersey, and there's no need for it. Third, I agree for <7> on weekends.

Agree

Impossible. That would create too many delays.

No trackage for this.

Yes there is. People who want a one stop ride between Grand Central and Times square, and also do not want to climb 50-60 steps to/from the (7) platform.

Archived