What IRT lines need improvements?

B41

How about renovate the (7)<7> elevated structure, open courtlandt st station on the (1) and clean all the horrid pits of hell up on the lex.

- (A)

cortlandt will open when the new wtc opens, perhaps earlier... but WHO KNOWS?

i think, there shouldnt be a timer on fulton NB on the lex.

Yes there is. People who want a one stop ride between Grand Central and Times square, and also do not want to climb 50-60 steps to/from the (7) platform.

in fact, the shuttle gets heavy patronage, i was passing by times sq 2day, the line was pretty busy... removing it wood be first, a loss and second, put pressure on the 7

<7> service on weekends,only flushing express,put new cars on them early so when the mets players are tired they get some good AC'ing,(7) goes into the new jersy.which was suppouse to happen when the (7) line was being made

(7) 2 new jersey, wen in its planning stages??? where u got that from? well i think the 62As are fine. IMO, the 7 doesnt rly need new cars, however the R188 is being designed, and it mite run on the 7.

the (4) gets extra service

YES!

the (9) comes back and it makes skip stops,while the (1) makes all of the stops

if the 9 skips more stops, i think it could cause problems with the scheduling. u c, say skip stop starts from 96. the next one stop is 103 and hte next 9 stop is 116. 9 crews must put themselves behind at a certain distance so that it could skip 103 without having to put themselves at danger with the 1. if the 9 skips a bunch of stops and the 1 takes most of them, the 9 must stay behind so that when it skips it doesnt put itself at a dangerous position. and this just screws with the scheduling of both trains and cut down on the capacity.

(3) goes into queens with extra service (i wounder when)

with mta in this fiscal situation, i doubt it is possible... and provide a map of the alignment.

remove the times square shuttle,theres really no use for it

uh, ride the shuttle everyday nd tell me, is it useful. think, if you remove the shuttle, will you put pressure on the 7? yes!

It's getting repainted, and the platform edges have (or will have in the near future) an ADA compliant strip.

It's too bad I'm a Yankee (hopeless team) fan though (and I live in Flushing, the Mets' backyard. Wierd). However I can still use the station for the US Open or playing tennis at the USTA or Corona Park, and I pass through it on my way to school every day when school is in session.

yankee fan in met ground? lol, better than being in beantown! :(

<7> service on weekends,only flushing express,put new cars on them early so when the mets players are tired they get some good AC'ing,(7) goes into the new jersy.which was suppouse to happen when the (7) line was being made

the (4) gets extra service

the (9) comes back and it makes skip stops,while the (1) makes all of the stops

(3) goes into queens with extra service (i wounder when)

remove the times square shuttle,theres really no use for it

Quite a few problems with this friend...

No need to send the (7) to Jersey, plus the plan is to extend it down to Javits Center anyway, not to Jersey. And besides by extending to Jersey NYCT leaves NYC and more importantly I don't think NJT or PATH are going to be too happy about that, taking fares away from them...

The (4) can't get extra service, Lexington Avenue is already over capacity...

If the (9) skip stops and the (1) runs local, all you are going to get is a lot of (9) train operators pulling in late, missing lunch, and staring at red automatics with the faint outline of a red (1) bullet visible just past the signal...

(3) can't go to Queens b/c there is no track connection. I'm assuming you mean the (7) and the line is pretty saturated as it is. Not to mention you wouldn't want to jack up 7th Avenue service if the famous "signal problems" return...

Also 42nd Shuttle is VERY useful, it's much easier to take than the (7) because No need to climb down all the stairs and back up again, and it's a direct route, no stop at 5th Ave. so it can save 2-5 minutes which face it with service on Lex and 7th Ave running as frequent as it does, is enough to drop back a train if you're taking the (7)...

But <7> express is a good idea...

Quite a few problems with this friend...

No need to send the (7) to Jersey, plus the plan is to extend it down to Javits Center anyway, not to Jersey. And besides by extending to Jersey NYCT leaves NYC and more importantly I don't think NJT or PATH are going to be too happy about that, taking fares away from them...

The (4) can't get extra service, Lexington Avenue is already over capacity...

If the (9) skip stops and the (1) runs local, all you are going to get is a lot of (9) train operators pulling in late, missing lunch, and staring at red automatics with the faint outline of a red (1) bullet visible just past the signal...

(3) can't go to Queens b/c there is no track connection. I'm assuming you mean the (7) and the line is pretty saturated as it is. Not to mention you wouldn't want to jack up 7th Avenue service if the famous "signal problems" return...

Also 42nd Shuttle is VERY useful, it's much easier to take than the (7) because No need to climb down all the stairs and back up again, and it's a direct route, no stop at 5th Ave. so it can save 2-5 minutes which face it with service on Lex and 7th Ave running as frequent as it does, is enough to drop back a train if you're taking the (7)...

But <7> express is a good idea...

well, about hte 3 extension... i previously had a plan to extend the (4) from utica ave onto eastern parkway, going straight to ENY, then elevated along Jamaica Ave till it connects to the Jamaica El, taking over service to jamaica centre.

in this scenario, i would send the (J) to rockaway taking over one of hte rockaway services, so that da (A) could concentrate on lefferts more.

yankee fan in met ground? lol, better than being in beantown! :(

Yep. It's a sad fact that I live within walking distance of Shea and Citi Field, but I support a baseball team in the Bronx that has almost no hope of making the playoffs for the first time since the early 90s.

well, about hte 3 extension... i previously had a plan to extend the (4) from utica ave onto eastern parkway, going straight to ENY, then elevated along Jamaica Ave till it connects to the Jamaica El, taking over service to jamaica centre.

in this scenario, i would send the (J) to rockaway taking over one of hte rockaway services, so that da (A) could concentrate on lefferts more.

Unfortunately, that would make the (4) and (J) unbearably long.

Yep. It's a sad fact that I live within walking distance of Shea and Citi Field, but I support a baseball team in the Bronx that has almost no hope of making the playoffs for the first time since the early 90s.

lol...im sure when u heard about wat dat boston guy did in the new stadium u were as mad as hell...:):(

Unfortunately, that would make the (4) and (J) unbearably long.

yea, da crews wood certainly complain

Archived