Express service on the Sea Beach Line

Kexpress

In the history there was express service on the Sea Beach Line.

There was a Sea Beach Express service between 1924 to 1952 and the Sea Beach Express Service was BMT 4 express that would run express on the Sea Beach Line and BMT 4 local run local on the Sea Beach line.

The BMT 4 express was discountinued in 1952 due to low ridership but expect the BMT 4 local that runs local on the Sea Beach line.

There was another Sea Beach Express service between 1967-1968 and the route was NX but it was discountinued in 1968 due to low ridership.

the future for Sea Beach Line that (MTA) should do.

The (MTA) should restore the Sea Beach express service and they should add <(N)> Additional Express service and it should run during rush hours. The <(N)> express can run express on the Sea Beach Line between 59 Street and King Highways Peak Direction only (To Manhattan AM) and (From Manhattan PM). The Sea Beach line may have 2 express tracks but still the <(N)> still needs to run peak direction. So both express tracks can take turns like the AM the Manhattan bound express tracks used by <(N)> and in the PM the <(N)> used the Coney Island bound express tracks,so this means the 2 express tracks take turns ethier AM or PM. If this plan works well the and there is big ridership on the N express then that means the Sea Beach Express Service is in service forever.

There was a Sea Beach Express service between 1924 to 1952 and the Sea Beach Express Service was BMT 4 express that would run express on the Sea Beach Line and BMT 4 local run local on the Sea Beach line.

The BMT 4 express was discountinued in 1952 due to low ridership but expect the BMT 4 local that runs local on the Sea Beach line.

There was another Sea Beach Express service between 1967-1968 and the route was NX but it was discountinued in 1968 due to low ridership.

The (MTA) should restore the Sea Beach express service and they should add <(N)> Additional Express service and it should run during rush hours. The <(N)> express can run express on the Sea Beach Line between 59 Street and King Highways Peak Direction only (To Manhattan AM) and (From Manhattan PM). The Sea Beach line may have 2 express tracks but still the <(N)> still needs to run peak direction. So both express tracks can take turns like the AM the Manhattan bound express tracks used by <(N)> and in the PM the <(N)> used the Coney Island bound express tracks,so this means the 2 express tracks take turns ethier AM or PM. If this plan works well the and there is big ridership on the N express then that means the Sea Beach Express Service is in service forever.

No. Only to do Coney Island, 86th Street, Avenue U, and then Kings Highway, then 59th Street, wouldn't make sense.

See bold. Things aren't much different today.

The (MTA) should restore the Sea Beach express service and they should add <(N)> Additional Express service and it should run during rush hours. The <(N)> express can run express on the Sea Beach Line between 59 Street and King Highways Peak Direction only (To Manhattan AM) and (From Manhattan PM). The Sea Beach line may have 2 express tracks but still the <(N)> still needs to run peak direction. So both express tracks can take turns like the AM the Manhattan bound express tracks used by <(N)> and in the PM the <(N)> used the Coney Island bound express tracks,so this means the 2 express tracks take turns ethier AM or PM.

Those tracks are used to test trains is one, also the express tracks don't platform, so the express to Kings Highway is going to have to switch back onto the local tracks anyway before making that stop. Also you're going to have a lot of pissed off Asians at the 8th Ave station watching those expresses go by...

(N)O

Dude, do you ride the line?

ALL stations from 8th avenue to 86th street are local stations, there is no express station, where will the expresses stop?

IMO, its very illogical to have sea beach line express

No. Only to do Coney Island, 86th Street, Avenue U, and then Kings Highway, then 59th Street, wouldn't make sense.

and also, the asian community around 8th avenue would be complaining like crazy

Question:

Do you love express, peak hour exp and skip stop service?

We all want improved service, but at least plan one that meets the needs of everyone.

(N)O

Dude, do you ride the line?

ALL stations from 8th avenue to 86th street are local stations, there is no express station, where will the expresses stop?

IMO, its very illogical to have sea beach line express

and also, the asian community around 8th avenue would be complaining like crazy

Question:

Do you love express, peak hour exp and skip stop service?

We all want improved service, but at least plan one that meets the needs of everyone.

Yes I ride the (N) line. I know there is no epress station and the Sea Beach line has local station only. So for the <(N)> make stop between King highways and Coney Island would have to use the local tracks. Does the asian hates the Sea Beach Express Service? The asian complaining about the express would be very sutpid. Yes I like Express Service and skip stop service because it easier and faster.

Yes I ride the (N) line. I know there is no epress station and the Sea Beach line has local station only. So for the <(N)> make stop between King highways and Coney Island would have to use the local tracks. Does the asian hates the Sea Beach Express Service? The asian complaining about the express would be very sutpid. Yes I like Express Service and skip stop service because it easier and faster.

But yet it'll make no sense to have express service on the Sea Beach line. I doubt you have a crush loaded train with only passengers from Coney Island, 86th Street, Avenue U, and Kings Highway, unless a train is running really late. And then same in the reverse for the PM rush. The Sea Beach line moves pretty quickly anyway, its not like its a brutal ride. That line is the priority in Brooklyn for the (N), thats it.

But yet it'll make no sense to have express service on the Sea Beach line. I doubt you have a crush loaded train with only passengers from Coney Island, 86th Street, Avenue U, and Kings Highway, unless a train is running really late. And then same in the reverse for the PM rush. The Sea Beach line moves pretty quickly anyway, its not like its a brutal ride. That line is the priority in Brooklyn for the (N), thats it.

True but if it was G.O. for the (Q) the (Q) could run express from 59th st all the way to coney island and then to kings hwy. or if regular weekend service you could have a summer express to CI.

I've never heard of that. Are you thinking of the specials that ran from Franklin, over the Brighton and then the Sea Beach express, and to Chambers St. on the Nassau loop? That's the one IIRC that ended in '52. And was the only regular scheduled express before the NX.

Kexpress, you have failed to prove your point posting all those links to pictures. And you only ended up posting a link to one picture with an (N) train service on the express tracks, and that was because of service disruption and track work.

Many of those were reroutes, because of disruption in service. Some were of trains being turned. And some were the (R) trains that come out of Coney Island for the PM Rush.

(N) express simply would not work between 59th Street and Coney Island...virtually all the stations along the Sea Beach Line would be skipped therefore no one would be riding it except people headed to Coney Island, the only time I could see express service being scheduled regularly is if the MTA decides to run summer exp specials to/from Coney Island.

I think they learned their lesson in 1967 when the NX proved to be unpopular with Brighton Beach and Coney Island riders

well i ride the (N) too nd i am sure of what it needs. what it needs is increased service, not express service.

like what others said previously, the (N) has express trackage, but no express stations. true, the express could switch at kings hwy, but that will affect the local (N).

now, i am not saying the asian population would be mad, since they themselves have an intricate commuter van system. however the only persons using teh express would be people coming IN AND OUT of CONEY ISLAND. i would say the bulk of people getting on along the sea beach line would be say from new utrecht ave-8th ave. an express that passes such stations would be fruitless as it does nothing to ease the commutes of people whos trips originate along the line and not the endpoints of the line (59th and coney island)

express service is needed along certain routes, but IMO dont go crazy planning them. please observe carefully the needs of the majority of the commuters.

however i do have a suggestion, the MTA could start BEACH SPECIALS during summer weekends and run express trains straight to the beach after 59th street. well, only if there are no more G.Os

Ugh, we don't need pictures. Your not proving anything with them, and you're just making your point worst.

not convincing. in fact, like wat other said, the first picture refutes your position by showing a train flying thru a crowded station.

Listen to me, HELLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOO!

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived