Express service on the Sea Beach Line

Kexpress

as 7linefan does a flying dropkick across the local track on Sea Beach, through the window of the moving express train, broken glass and all and sits down...

not every martial artist is asian...THINK CHUCK NORRIS!

i wood love to see 7linefan's kick. it will prolly be like stephen chow's final kick in shaolin soccer. itll prolly blow the express train back into the station...:(:D:D:D:D

ty for the correction!

8th avenue? boy, sum of the asian wood be hopping mad... CHINESE KUNG FU! :(:D:D

If the asian was hopping mad then they be doing a crazy and stupid thing. If the asian hate the Sea Beach Express service then the asian should not be even living in that area or going to the Sea Beach Line.

If the asian was hopping mad then they be doing a crazy and stupid thing. If the asian hate the Sea Beach Express service then the asian should not be even living in that area or going to the Sea Beach Line.

But there IS no Sea Beach Express service. They already live in the area...you can't seriously expect them to move because of a service that doesn't exist that you're the only one who wants to implement, can you?

But there IS no Sea Beach Express service. They already live in the area...you can't seriously expect them to move because of a service that doesn't exist that you're the only one who wants to implement, can you?

I know there is no sea beach express service.:mad:

Well maybe I cannot expect them to moveand anyways it was just an advice.

Well i don't really care if some of you guys hate the express service on the Sea Beach line.

Well i don't really care if some of you guys hate the express service on the Sea Beach line.

Is there capacity for express here? I am not too familiar with it. If there's capacity & they are only running peak hour express i say expand to all day.

- (A)

Not good.

Anyways, if you don't care for what we think of express service on the Sea Beach, you wouldn't have started this thread.....

You want a service that is completely nonsensical. Now thats not good management.....

EXCUSE ME? <<gravely offended>>

and im not talking about asians or any other ethnic groups.

IT IS NOT WORTHWHILE TO PUT IN A SERVICE THAT GOES FROM CONEY ISLAND TO 59TH STREET WITH NO INTERMEDIATE STOPS, ESPECIALLY THE ONES THAT ARE FREQUENTLY USED BY THE COMMUNITY.

agreed.

i dun get it... wat is so worthwhile about a sea beach express? for a railfanner it is a delight. however PLEASE, consider the ratio between railfanners to commuters. the only ppl who wood prolly benefit from this will prolly b the coney island residents and beach goers. but that still doesnt beat the number of bensonhurst residents who need more frequent service on the local.

Well maybe I cannot expect them to move and anyways it was just an advice.

telling to move? and that's advice? :mad:

the point of starting a thread is to get ppl's opinions on and to provide you feedback. if you want ur own idea yet u dun wanna hear wat we gotta say, then wats the point of this??? o.o

Is there capacity for express here? I am not too familiar with it. If there's capacity & they are only running peak hour express i say expand to all day.

- (A)

well, there are tracks for it, and therefore capacity within that section. HOWEVER, it will conflict with the scheduling since the express tracks merge west of 8th avenue before the portal meaning that it will be a chokepoint. also two tracks come out of CI, splitting into four b4 86th street.

there are no intermediate stops between 59th street and coney island that are designed to be de facto express stations. most of the people who use the sea beach section live around the ave u area or the area between 18th avenue and 8th avenue. since a such service wood bypass such stations, i do not consider it to be worthwhile.

when the mta messes around with you, ask your korean neighbours to teach you sum taekwondo!

:( All we got in my neighborhood is Chinese, buddy...

as 7linefan does a flying dropkick across the local track on Sea Beach, through the window of the moving express train, broken glass and all and sits down...

And all that after -8 days of taking martial arts o_O The only person on the train (besides T/O and C/R) stares at me. "What? I wanted to take the express!" :)

not every martial artist is asian...THINK CHUCK NORRIS!

i wood love to see 7linefan's kick. it will prolly be like stephen chow's final kick in shaolin soccer. itll prolly blow the express train back into the station...:D:D:D:D:D

Nah, all the way into Manhattan... "Uh, this is Canal St... weren't we just in Brooklyn? What the f***?"

And exactly about Chuck Norris... I only copied that move from him, before he even invented it... :D

(N) express simply would not work between 59th Street and Coney Island...virtually all the stations along the Sea Beach Line would be skipped therefore no one would be riding it except people headed to Coney Island, the only time I could see express service being scheduled regularly is if the MTA decides to run summer exp specials to/from Coney Island.

I think they learned their lesson in 1967 when the NX proved to be unpopular with Brighton Beach and Coney Island riders

You meant in 1968 the (NYCT) learned their lesson about the upopulare with the ridership after NX was discountinued. In my opinion the <(N)> express could only run express between 59 Street and King Highways. There is no special train that runs only in the summer and anyways (MTA) add and have the <(N)> running express on the sea beach line There is still a chance to try the Sea Beach express service again.

- (A)

Andy: Take a look at the (N) on this map. That's what they're arguing about.

Personally I don't think an (N) express would work for all the reasons stated above.

Personally I don't think an (N) express would work for all the reasons stated above.

so the map you show us means that Coney Island Bound express tracks that exsits is disconnected between 8 avenue and King Highways.:eek:

so the map you show us means that Coney Island Bound express tracks that exsits is disconnected between 8 avenue and King Highways.:eek:

Wait a mintune there was some coney island bound (N) running express from 59 Street and King Highways due to track work before. Now im confused about the express tracks if there are connected or not.:confused:

:( All we got in my neighborhood is Chinese, buddy...

And all that after -8 days of taking martial arts o_O The only person on the train (besides T/O and C/R) stares at me. "What? I wanted to take the express!" :)

Nah, all the way into Manhattan... "Uh, this is Canal St... weren't we just in Brooklyn? What the f***?"

And exactly about Chuck Norris... I only copied that move from him, before he even invented it... :D

lol, i thought u were near the koreans... lol

lol!!!

how bout a round house kick into the scrap yard...

Wait a mintune there was some coney island bound (N) running express from 59 Street and King Highways due to track work before. Now im confused about the express tracks if there are connected or not.:confused:

it seems to me da NB express track is bi-directional between the portal and kings hwy, so during dat reroute, i believe it went on the NB track from dat junction before switching to the SB tracks at kings hwy...

im not sure if the track has reverse signalling

You meant in 1968 the (NYCT) learned their lesson about the upopulare with the ridership after NX was discountinued. In my opinion the <(N)> express could only run express between 59 Street and King Highways. There is no special train that runs only in the summer and anyways (MTA) add and have the <(N)> running express on the sea beach line There is still a chance to try the Sea Beach express service again.
No, there isn't a chance of express service on the Sea Beach line. Wanna know why? IT IS NOT NEEDED! There is not an overcrowding problem on the (N) line. The train can get packed, but its not that serious. Plus, the majority of the Sea Beach line ridership is not Kings Highway and south of that. One can say the ridership is spread out around the line.

Yes, thats what it is basically showing you.

The trains ran on the other available express track, basically the Manhattan bound (or Northbound direction express track). And at times, once it reaches the vicinity of Kings Highway, it either switches to the other express track (the Southbound) or if the work is not affecting any station south of Kings Highway, then it would resume onto the local track and make all stops from Kings Highway and south.

lol, i thought u were near the koreans... lol

lol!!!

how bout a round house kick into the scrap yard...

And have to listen to screaming Met fans? No thanks! :D

Yes, thats what it is basically showing you.

The trains ran on the other available express track, basically the Manhattan bound (or Northbound direction express track). And at times, once it reaches the vicinity of Kings Highway, it either switches to the other express track (the Southbound) or if the work is not affecting any station south of Kings Highway, then it would resume onto the local track and make all stops from Kings Highway and south.

In addition to that, if you visit the Sea Beach line, or look at pictures of it between the portal and Kings Highway, you will notice that the CI bound express track is run down, missing third rail at points, and overgrown with weeds.

Well the coney Island bound express tracks between 8 Ave and King Highway used to be connected and now its disconnected,The (MTA) did a stupid thing to disconnected the coney island bound express tracks between 8th Avenue becuase they may need two express tracks because the Coney Island bound Train has to use the coney island bound express tracks and the manhattan bound Train will have to use the Manhattan bound express tracks but since the (MTA) disconnect the Coney Island bound express tracks between 8 Avenue and King Highways now the Sea Beach line is getting unsafe but one day if the Coney Island bound train uses the Manhattan bound express tracks and the Manhattan bound train uses the Manhattan bound express tracks altogther and crash altoghther the there might be a lawsuit against the (MTA) and the (MTA) might get in trouble and they might have to ethier reconnect the coney island bound express between 8 Avenue and Kingways or shut down the Sea Beach line forever.

Well the coney Island bound express tracks between 8 Ave and King Highway used to be connected and now its disconnected,The (MTA) did a stupid thing to disconnected the coney island bound express tracks between 8th Avenue becuase they may need two express tracks because the Coney Island bound Train has to use the coney island bound express tracks and the manhattan bound Train will have to use the Manhattan bound express tracks but since the (MTA) disconnect the Coney Island bound express tracks between 8 Avenue and King Highways now the Sea Beach line is getting unsafe but one day if the Coney Island bound train uses the Manhattan bound express tracks and the Manhattan bound train uses the Manhattan bound express tracks altogther and crash altoghther the there might be a lawsuit against the (MTA) and the (MTA) might get in trouble and they might have to ethier reconnect the coney island bound express between 8 Avenue and Kingways or shut down the Sea Beach line forever.

:confused: That makes no sense at all. :confused:

Oh god, like really, oh my god.

Dude, get over it!

I thought some people were just bad, but you're the worst. I'm not even joking here.

This thread is just nonsense now, I hope the other moderators are ok with me closing this thread. In my opinion, I think it has gone too far.

Archived