Watch out for the Big Girl! (The Whale touches down in NY)

The return of the Airbus A380 was Friday, August 1st, 2008. It returned for us NY'ers to see again, but this time in service with Emirates Airlines. So yeah, I was outside JFK for its arrival that day. It looks great in person.

Enjoy!

p1020772nv5.jpg

Sorry for image not being at that great, had to keep changing settings on a fly because of cloud movement, plus having to shoot in manual focus when I'm not use to it didn't help either....

And now for some other photos of planes before the Airbus A380....

p1020771uk8.jpg

p1020770cj6.jpg

Hope you enjoyed, comments are always welcomed!

Nice photos Pablo. Is it me though or are these planes not really making a big bang as expected since I don't hear too much about them? I can't wait to see the 787 fly though. Thanks for sharing.

They are all ready in service to/from LAX and JFK. Not sure where else in usa.

- (A)

What is in service between JFK and LAX?

I mean they fly to and from both airports, not between!! I know singapore flys or will fly them to and from LAX, and emirates all ready has service at JFK. Sorry, next time i will be more clear! :(

- (A)

I mean they fly to and from both airports, not between!! I know singapore flys or will fly them to and from LAX, and emirates all ready has service at JFK. Sorry, next time i will be more clear! :(

- (A)

Ah ok. Just making sure you weren't implying that the 787s are in service.....

Ah ok. Just making sure you weren't implying that the 787s are in service.....

Oh jeeze i was talking bout the A380. The B787 has orders from continental, so i'm excited about that, get to see em at newark when they come into service!

- (A)

Oh jeeze i was talking bout the A380. The B787 has orders from continental, so i'm excited about that, get to see em at newark when they come into service!

- (A)

Well, no A380s in the sky in service for a little bit at the moment.

Too bad EWR isn't due for 787s once Continental starts getting them. I hear Houston is first with none for a little bit at EWR. First thing 787s are doing out of EWR, is EWR-LAX (mainly the flights that are ran with 757s).

What do u mean?

Supposedly Emirates hasn't been running the A380 on the scheduled flights it has. Its so unclear, but I thing I found out that it involves the delivery of the 2nd A380 to Emirates. Reason is beyond me. It must be hell for Emirates trying to accommodate all the passengers, with a 777-300ER being used on the flights. Sucks to be them!

Supposedly Emirates hasn't been running the A380 on the scheduled flights it has. Its so unclear, but I thing I found out that it involves the delivery of the 2nd A380 to Emirates. Reason is beyond me. It must be hell for Emirates trying to accommodate all the passengers, with a 777-300ER being used on the flights. Sucks to be them!

LOL... Emirates is the first with EA engines, so hopefully they aren't the problem. IIRC, Singapore had 2 cancellations so far due to maintenance issues. They operate the Rolls-Royce powered versions.

Archived