Separation between NYCT and Mabstoa... anyone know about it?

KingNas

I've been hearing about this for quite some time. And i think this is important for current and future employees.

I have heard that there is a suit claiming the merger was unlawful.

And it may be reversed. Keeping OA and TA separated for future employees.

No longer mixing and matching...

Anyone hear about it?

Yeah this has been a topic of discussion for many years. But this time around it looks like the break might really happen. And its sad too. We all wear the same uniform and work for the same company. Yet allow petty differences to separate us. Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

Yeah this has been a topic of discussion for many years. But this time around it looks like the break might really happen. And its sad too. We all wear the same uniform and work for the same company. Yet allow petty differences to separate us. Sent from my HTC One Max With Sprint Spark using Tapatalk
Sent from my HTC0P3P7 using Tapatalk

I've been working for MTA Bus for the last two years as a stockworker, with good pay.. However this weekend I received a letter from exam 7025 bus maintainer group A this weekend to go to 180 Livingston on jan 30 2014 for a piss test. How better is the TA? I'm all confused man :(

MABSTOA: Manhattan and Bronx Surface Transit Operating Authority

NYCT: Brooklyn, Queens snd Staten Island

And MTA Bus is the former private carriers.

All of this is true. 

However, MaBstoa Operators were also able to pick into Brooklyn Depots. 

and NYCT employees were able to pick into Bronx and Manhattan Depots.

Pay Grade is NOT the same for "MTA BUS" Operators. Unless they have the TWU local 100 union. 

Just found this by the way

http://law.justia.com/cases/new-york/other-courts/2013/2013-ny-slip-op-51493-u.html

I've been working for MTA Bus for the last two years as a stockworker, with good pay.. However this weekend I received a letter from exam 7025 bus maintainer group A this weekend to go to 180 Livingston on jan 30 2014 for a piss test. How better is the TA? I'm all confused man :(

Go with NYCT, I was with MTA Bus as well as a BO for two years, made my switch which I started with TA in aug of 2013 everything is better from pension all the perks and ect. I don't regrate losing the two yers I did I'm thinking long run as you should be too.

Archived