Suggestions for forums

Harry

• 1 year later...

Wow! The NYCTF has come a long way in a short time. Been digging around in the archives reading some of the old posts. Congrats to the creators for making a well informed amd thoroughly enjoyable site. I'm a very happy pippu. Years ago I thought I was weird becaise my love for Bises and Subways was so strong. Hey, I'm still weird but it's cool to see I'm not alone in my fanaticism :) It's a bigger joy every day I come here. You guys keep up the good work!

(T)(E)(E)(L)(MTA)(W)

A poll station forum? and set the forum not to show new polls on forum portal

And a special forum for users to release News topics, related to Transit and regular.. And allow administrators[if they want] to add to portal

Harry, this is a fun website. I really enjoy it. We can explain our concerns yet be creative at the same time based on transit. I feel like we are one big family. We agree, and disagree, but I think everyone here enjoys the website. If I have any ideas, I will pass them to you.

IMHO, Harry is trying to maintain a TRANSIT forum. Wouldn't it make more sense if we advocate for transit related forums???

If we have forums on games, dating, life, films, food, sex etc... then we are better off dropping the Transit off of our name. So let's remember that, people, we are part of the New York City Transit Forums. NYCTF.

How about a forum for service alerts that has an archived list of all relevant service alerts/travel advisories etc?

-

Good idea. I have archived ALL MTA emails since the inception of the upgraded email system. I can provide some if necessary.

1. a sports forum

2. a medical forum.

3. like pablo said a photos forum.

IMHO, Harry is trying to maintain a TRANSIT forum. Wouldn't it make more sense if we advocate for transit related forums???

If we have forums on games, dating, life, films, food, sex etc... then we are better off dropping the Transit off of our name. So let's remember that, people, we are part of the New York City Transit Forums. NYCTF.

I have to agree with MTR on this one. Since the site is dedicated to Transit, it wouldn't be ideal to create forums specifically for sports, medical, etc. However, you can always post such topics in the "Off Topic Lounge" . I do agree that a forum solely for photos is a good idea though.

Since there is now more attention focused onto the Washington Metro and related services, we should have a forum dedicated to the Washington Metro (Metrorail and Metrobus).

Other systems like the MBTA, Maryland MTA, Shore Line, CTA, BART, MUNI could stay in the Other US Systems, as currently there aren't as many posts about the aforesaid systems as the WMATA.

If anything, we need less forums (though I like the WMATA idea). It's difficult to navigate through all these forums and subforums. I strongly believe that the three NYC subway forums should be merged into one and MTA Bus and NYC Bus should also merge. IMO PATH and NJ Transit rail should be combined as well.

If anything, we need less forums (though I like the WMATA idea). It's difficult to navigate through all these forums and subforums. I strongly believe that the three NYC subway forums should be merged into one and MTA Bus and NYC Bus should also merge. IMO PATH and NJ Transit rail should be combined as well.

PATH has -nothing- to do with NJ transit. Also, merging stuff to make fewer sections makes no sense 7 will just be confusing.

I say we need water transport forum as well, there are ferrys taxis cruise ships freighters etc all different kinds and different services.

Separated freight forum with sub-forums for US and international.

- A

Nah, I disagree on the merging. It would probably take time on that one. However, I intend on vesting the Bee Line, PATH and say the RI Tram into a Other Modes of Transport in NY Area. This can include the Airtrain networks as well. PATH by the way is not NJT par se. It is simply a rapid transit system owned by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey.

@Metsfan: Yeah, we need a forum on water transport in NYC. I'm sure there will be a lot of people here that would love to talk about the ferries.

Whenever I take pics at Hoboken I shouldn't have to post it at three or four different forums. The changes I proposed are meant to streamline the site and make it more user friendly so information and posts aren't scattered all over the place. PATH isn't part of NJT but it is so intertwined with both the HBLR and the Northeast Corridor that it may as well be. At least merge the three subway forums into one. One subway system should be covered in one forum.

Whenever I take pics at Hoboken I shouldn't have to post it at three or four different forums. The changes I proposed are meant to streamline the site and make it more user friendly so information and posts aren't scattered all over the place. PATH isn't part of NJT but it is so intertwined with both the HBLR and the Northeast Corridor that it may as well be. At least merge the three subway forums into one. One subway system should be covered in one forum.

What i've suggested & done myself is that if you have a few PATH photos when you go to hoboken terminal & like 40 (NJT) photos, simply add them in as "extras". If you go there & have rail bus light rail & PATH, group the rail stuff together as you see fit & bus in the bus section. Simply say you have more than one agency involved. Same with (MTA) & (NJT). If you have pool service from hoboken, just put it in the (NJT) rail section. If it highlights really only (MTA) west of hudson service, then put it in the (MTA) section. My usual measure is 60/40 as a limitation. If it's more towards 50/50 then divide them into their respective areas. PATH is "other US transportation" in case you didnt know. B)

- A

• 9 months later...

id pull out the Bee-Line forum off the Other US Transit forums(Or Something) and add it to the Index. Its apart of the NY Tri-State Just like NJT. Even PATH would be nice!

There could be a fantasy forum in the subway section, but some would turn that into a flame war and beat the record for the thread that has gotten :lock: quickest.

there was one but got deleted or hidden, dunno why..

Archived