NJ Transit NJCL videos 08-19-07

Harry

I took another trip out to Matawan to get some photos and videos of the North Jersey Coast Line. I also took the trip to find out about push/pull service directions on the NJCL. Enjoy!

New Jersey Transit ALP44 #4400

New Jersey Transit ALP46 #4605

New Jersey Transit ALP46 #4613

Photos of today's excusion can be seen here: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/photoplog/index.php?q=h

Great vids. Harry. You took them at matawaan? Its funny just doesn't look like it. Well I guess I havn't been there in years.

Thanks. Yep, that's definitely the Aberdeen-Matawan station. Actually just outside the station.

Great Videos! I'm surprised that ALP-44 #4400 is still on the NJCL. By the way how did you get up to signal 69?

Thanks Eric. The back entrance to an old warehouse has access to the NJCL tracks about a couple of hundred yards south of the station.

Harry,

I notice that the ALP-46's are mostly assigned to the longer consists and the ALP-44 electrics are on the shorter 6 to 8 car trains.

Yes! And why not assign a full consist of Comet Vs to a 46. I have not seen that yet. Has anyone?

Yes! And why not assign a full consist of Comet Vs to a 46. I have not seen that yet. Has anyone?

The only FULL Comet V consists I have seen are believe it or not 3 to 5 car Diesel Consists. All the Electric consists I have seen have comet 5 or other comets mixed in with them.

Eric

Archived