• Last Reply

I'll copy/paste the ideas:

Bronx Bus Overhaul

Southwest Bronx

Bx6 and Bx13: interlined, both run under West Farms Depot

Combined Headways

Rush hrs: 3.5 mins (7 mins each)

Middays: 5 mins (10 mins each)

Evenings/Weekends: 6 mins (12 mins each)

Bx6: runs to Riverside Drive late nights to connect with (1) at 157th Street

Bx13: extended east to Hunts Point Market

runs via Tiffany St to replace Barretto Point Park Shuttle

Route: 161 St, Elton Av, 163 St, Hunts Point Av, Lafayette Av, Tiffany St, Viele Av, Food Center Drive

Bx15 & Bx55: interlined, both run under West Farms Depot

Combined Headways

Rush hrs: 4 mins (8 mins each)

Middays and Weekends (during the day): 5 mins (10 mins each)

Bx15: runs between Fordham Plaza and 138th St/3rd Av (6) station

5am-8pm weekdays, 8am-6pm weekends

use local Bx55 other times

no longer runs on Willis Avenue

Bx55: runs between Gun Hill Rd (2) sta and 125th St/Lexington Av (4/5/6) sta

northbound via Madison Avenue Bridge

makes limited stops 5am-8pm weekdays, 8am-6pm weekends

runs local other times

Bx55 limited stops

Gun Hill/White Plains

Gun Hill/Webster

204 St

Bedford Park Blvd

Fordham Plaza/3 Av

183 St

180 St

Tremont Av

Claremont Pkwy

168 St

163 St

157 St

149 St

138 St/Morris-Lincoln Avs

125 St/Lexington Av

Bx11: runs between West Farms Rd/Southern Blvd and River Park Towers

replaces Bx18 in Morris Heights, use Bx13/35 for Washington Heights

Route: 168th St, 167th St, Sedgwick Av, Tremont Av, McCracken Av, Harlem River Park Bridge, Undercliff Av

Bx18: eliminated, use Bx11 for Morris Heights

North Bronx

Bx19: truncated to Westchester Av/Southern Blvd

use Bx9 for north of Westchester Av

Bx9: runs between Hunts Point Av (6) sta and 225th St/Bway (1) sta

replaces Bx19 north of Westchester Av

Use extended M100 for Broadway

Bx20: interlined with Bx7, extended north to 263rd St/Riverdale Av

Bx22: new western terminus is 225th St/Bway (1) sta

use Bx28/30 for Goulden Av

Bx26: extended west to 262nd/Bway via Paul Av, Mosholu, Van Cort, Bway

allows faster connection between Riverdale and (4) train

Bx28 & Bx38: merged into one route (bx28)

runs between Earhart Lane and 225th St/Bway (1) sta via All sections

route: Mosholu Pkwy, Paul, Bedford Park, Goulden, Kingsbridge

use (4)(D), Bx1/2, Bx16, Bx41/55 for Fordham

New Bx28 LTD runs rush hours only

Earhart Lane

Einstein Loop/Hutch Pkwy

Coop City Bl/Bartow Av

Bellamy Loop/Coop City Bl

Rombouts Av (serves Carver and Dreiser)

Donizetti Pl/Baychester Av (serves Truman HS)

Edson/Bartow Avs

Eastchester/Gun Hill Rds

Knapp St ((5) train station)

Boston Rd

Bronxwood Av

White Plains Rd

Webster Av

Montefiore Hospital/Bainbridge Av (e/b at 210 St, w/b at Gun Hill Rd)

206th St

West Mosholu Pkwy South/Paul Av

local to 225th/Bway

Bx30: runs from Earhart Lane to 231st/Bway

rerouted via 222nd St to fill crosstown gap and serve Edenwald Houses

use Bee-Lines for Boston Rd

route: Boston Rd, Grace Av, 229th St, Laconia Av, 222nd St, White Plains Rd, Gun Hill Rd, Bainbridge Av, Mosholu Pkwy, Sedgwick Av, Giles Pl, Heath av, Albany Crescent, Bailey Av, 231st St

Bx34: eliminated

use Bx10 for Woodlawn and Bx16 for Fordham

Bx10: new eastern terminus is 242nd/Katonah

Route changes east of Dickinson Av

route: Sedgwick, Mosholu, Paul, Bedford Park, Bainbridge, Jerome, 233, Katonah

Bx16: runs between Fordham Center and Ropes/Hollers Avs

via 233 St

use Bx23 for Nereid/Baychester

Bx23: runs between Pelham Bay Park and 233rd/Webster

via Sections 3-4-5

Route: Bronx Blvd, Nereid, Mundy, Pitman, Baychester, Boston, Conner, Co-op City Blvd, Asch, Bartow, Hutchinson, Hunter, Earhart, Erskine, bruckner

Q50: new northern terminus is Dyre Av (5) station

runs local in The Bronx, serves Sec 1-2-4-5

Route: Bruckner, Erskine, Bx30 route to Boston Rd, then Dyre Av

Southeast Bronx

Bx5: truncated to Brush/Schley Avs

use Q50 for Bruckner Blvd

Bx24: rerouted via Waters Pl to serve Bronx Psychiatric and Hutch Metro Ctr

Route: Westchester, Waters, Bronx Psy Loop, Waters, Hutch Metro Loop, Waters, Eastchester, Williamsbridge, Tremont, Lane Av

Bx31: extended to Castle Hill/Zerega Avs to serve Unionport

Route: Lane Av, Commerce, Zerega

Bx27: eliminated

use Bx36 for Rosedale av and new Bx37 for 174th St, and bx4/4a for Westchester

Bx36: new eastern terminus is Clason’s Point

use Bx37 for 174th St

Route: 180th St, Rosedale/Taylor avs, 174th St, Rosedale, Randall, Soundview

Restructured Bx36 LTD service

(Bx36 Locals run between Cross Bronx/Univ Av and Clason’s Point)

local between Washington Heights and Tremont/Univ Avs

Tremont/University

Jerome Av

Grand Concourse (west side)

Grand Concourse (East side)

Tremont/Webster

180th St

3rd Av/180th St

Crotona Av

Southern Blvd

Boston Rd

Morris Park Av (180th St (2/5) station)

174th/Rosedale

Westchester

Story

Rosedale/Randall

local to Clason’s Point

Bx37: runs between Fordham plaza and Castle Hill/Zerega Avs

Route: 3rd Av, 184th St, Arthur Av, 182nd St, Boston Rd, Hoe/Vyse Avs, 174th St, Cross Bronx Exp, White Plains, Lacombe, Castle Hill

Interborough Routes

M100: extended to 262nd/Bway to replace Bx9 on Broadway

Like the Brooklyn counterpart, I just felt an overhaul was needed. If you have your own, don't hesitate.

Well I don't see the point in listing these changes without any sort of reason. I'm sure you have reasons for these changes. Rather than ask for reasons for all of them and be ridiculous, I'll pick the lines that run through my neighborhood... Bx10, Bx20 and Bx7... Why would you interline the Bx20 with the Bx7?? Wouldn't that be an overkill in service?? What about the folks that want the Bx20 to the (A) train at 207th street?

Well I don't see the point in listing these changes without any sort of reason. I'm sure you have reasons for these changes. Rather than ask for reasons for all of them and be ridiculous, I'll pick the lines that run through my neighborhood... Bx10, Bx20 and Bx7... Why would you interline the Bx20 with the Bx7?? Wouldn't that be an overkill in service?? What about the folks that want the Bx20 to the (A) train at 207th street?

The Bx20/7's interlining would provide a choice for riders north of 239th St to reach the (1) and (A) lines. Remember, it's only during the rush hours. This would prevent crowding on one of the bus routes in Northern Riverdale.

I forgot one change to the Bx7 and Bx20. It would run via 231st, Bailey, 225th, and Broadway to directly serve the 231st St (1) station and bypass the traffic on Broadway.

The Bx20/7's interlining would provide a choice for riders north of 239th St to reach the (1) and (A) lines. Remember, it's only during the rush hours. This would prevent crowding on one of the bus routes in Northern Riverdale.

I forgot one change to the Bx7 and Bx20. It would run via 231st, Bailey, 225th, and Broadway to directly serve the 231st St (1) station and bypass the traffic on Broadway.

Sorry but I don't know if I agree with that one simply because those who want the (A) would have a longer commute. If anything it would favor the (1) riders, as they would have more service during the rush hours. It would also screw over the folks below 239th street as they would be forced to walk to and from Henry Hudson Parkway to Riverdale Avenue. We have the hills to contend with here in Riverdale, plus the tons of stairs to get across the parkway below 239th street, so you have to consider that. Not all of the ridership is along Riverdale Avenue. The folks near and along the Henry Hudson Parkway need the local buses too.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Sorry but I don't know if I agree with that one simply because those who want the (A) would have a longer commute. If anything it would favor the (1) riders, as they would have more service during the rush hours. It would also screw over the folks below 239th street as they would be forced to walk to and from Henry Hudson Parkway to Riverdale Avenue. We have the hills to contend with here in Riverdale, plus the tons of stairs to get across the parkway below 239th street, so you have to consider that. Not all of the ridership is along Riverdale Avenue. The folks near and along the Henry Hudson Parkway need the local buses too.

I didn't say that the Bx20 would be moved to Riverdale Av south of 239th. The only changes to the Bx20 are its northern extension, its reroute on 231st St.

I didn't say that the Bx20 would be moved to Riverdale Av south of 239th. The only changes to the Bx20 are its northern extension, its reroute on 231st St.

Yeah well you said it would be interlined but didn't say from where... Still not a good idea... As I said before, it makes the commute longer for folks who need the (A) train.

Yeah well you said it would be interlined but didn't say from where... Still not a good idea... As I said before, it makes the commute longer for folks who need the (A) train.

The Bx7 and Bx20 probably already interline with each other since they're both from Kingsbridge Depot and have similar terminals. Both buses would share the same northern terminal.

On the upside, however, the Bx7 and Bx20 would bypass the Broadway traffic between 225th and 231st.

Edited by cotb16

The Bx7 and Bx20 probably already interline with each other since they're both from Kingsbridge Depot and have similar terminals. Both buses would share the same northern terminal.

On the upside, however, the Bx7 and Bx20 would bypass the Broadway traffic between 225th and 231st.

I dunno. If the Bx10 is as unreliable as some people say it is, maybe the Bx20 is better off being left as is (as far as the northern terminal goes. I'm not going to comment on the traffic situation)

These changes are NOT needed at all. The North Bronx routes do their jobs and the Bronx is quite subway dependent unless you're trying to go east-west which is why you have routes like the Bx12, 36 and 40/42. Bronx buses do their job as far as getting their riders to the respective subway lines they serve. The only real changes some routes could benefit from are lower headways or roomier buses in the case of one Bx12 +SBS.

You do have a point about the traffic on Broadway. In fact on the weekends until this bloody (1) train construction is done with I'll be limiting my use of the BxM1. The traffic along Broadway on the weekends is RIDICULOUS!

I dunno. If the Bx10 is as unreliable as some people say it is, maybe the Bx20 is better off being left as is (as far as the northern terminal goes. I'm not going to comment on the traffic situation)

The problem with the Bx20 is that it comes when no one needs it. If anything they need to change when the Bx20 runs. The Bx10 runs like crap as does the Bx7... Both run in bunches.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

try these minor revisions reroute BX30 to stay on boston rd eliminating W60 open door disaster.

then Bx28 LTD if 38 is enhanced.

turn either bx40 or 42 into a full LTD.

Make bx36 LTD run all day for faster GWB access try ltd bx3 & 11 if needed

eliminate weekend BXM4 streamline route to brainbridge and allerton OR southern blvd and fordham to bronx river and bruckner reduce grand concourse bxm service to 4 round trips at rush hr.

then try Q94 jamacia express via Q44 routing in bronx bypasses flushing to jewel then all ltd stops to LIRR. however to be honest I got bxm4 idea from bus OP who did bxm4.

JW72093 beat me to it; I don't think Bronx's bus system needs an overhaul, per se....

But I'll still comment on these anyway:

Bx6/13: If the space existed, I would send the Bx13 to the Hub (via Melrose).... A 1-seat ride from the Hub to Washington hgts. might work.

I don't really see the need for the 13 to run out to Hunts point, just so that it can be interlined w/ the 6....

Bx15/55: I would leave the Bx15 running b/w 12th/125th & Fordham plz....

But I do think maybe the 55 LTD should be sent up to Wakefield/241st w/ the 39 truncated to Gun Hill rd.... either that, or have the Bx39 & Bx41 reverted to it's pre 6/2010 routings.....

Bx11: Rerouting the Bx11 to morris hgts to kill off the Bx18.... so basically you're saying the 11 isn't needed in washington hgts since you can take the 13 or the 35.... I'm neutral with this one.

Bx9/Bx19/M100: How can I say this....

I don't like the restructuring of the Bx9/Bx19, just to have to M100 run all the way up to Riverdale - It's the M100 part of it I totally disagree with.... This notion of having 225th as a full time terminal in a couple of your ideas, I'm not too fond of either.... However, the splitting of the 9 & the 19 at Hunts Point (6) or Westchester/Southern isn't too bad an idea....

Bx20: I wouldn't bother extending it.... may as well get rid of it & give that service to the Bx7 & Bx10....

Bx26: Don't agree with extending this... Folks up in Riverdale would rather take the BxM3 into manhattan over taking the current Bx9 (or some local bus, in general) to the (4)..... and I can't fathom there being too much of a need for those patrons to get to areas where the 4 train runs within the bronx.....

Bx28/38: Yeah, I think the Bx28 should be reverted.... be gone w/ this Bx38....

Bx30: Don't think it's worth it - I mean, all that just to serve those projects while eventually getting back to Gun Hill/WPR.... Just have it loop around the edenwald houses via grace, making its way back to/from boston rd and & be done with it, if that's what you want to accomplish.... Don't agree with the notion of leaving Boston rd bus service all up to Bee Line either.....

Bx10/16/34: hmm, well....

The only thing I think should happen to the 10 is the moving of it across Bedford park blvd & up Bainbridge to get to 205th (D)... the Jerome av routing is too slow.... Anyone using the 10 that needs the hospital will just have to transfer..... Your idea of sending this all the way to Woodlawn I don't understand, especially knowing how slow that route already is.....

I agree in general with what you want to do w/ the Bx16/34.... I would go about the whole thing by creating 2 separate branches of the 16:

* Bx16's [via 233rd] would run b/w 205th (D) & Ropes/Boston Rd... These buses would just shoot across 233rd, and use the current routing b/w Dyre av subway & the shopping center over there...

* Bx16's [via Nereid] would run b/w 205th (D) & Dyre av (5)... These buses would run up Katonah av, to McLean<->Nereid, turn down Baychester av, and use the current routing from baychester av to get to Dyre av subway...

With both branches, some rush hour service would be extended to/from Fordham ctr.

Bx23/Q50: I don't think an extension to MNRR Woodlawn is necessary.... Personally, I think the Bx29 should be cut off at its head & merged with the Bx24..... This would increase the importance of the 23 b/c it would then be the only "local" (or, non-LTD) route that serves any section of co-op, coming up from PBP......

Basically, I'm saying leave the 23 alone....

- Co-op patrons needing MNRR can xfer from the 30 to the 16 (via 233rd)...

- Co-op patrons needing Dyre av (5) can continue taking the 30 & walking..... There's zero need to extend the Q50 (of all routes) up there - especially on top of running Q50's local.....

Bx5: When that mall gets propped up over there or w/e, maybe then we can bring that up as a possibility.... Right now, I gotta say nah to this....

Bx24: The 21 should be doing all that in that area....

Bx31: Don't think this will be worth it; the 22 will still be prevalent down there...

Not sure how much demand for service to Westchester Sq that exists from Castle Hill....

Bx27/36/"37": I dunno about this one...

While I like what you did w/ the "37", what you're doing w/ the 36 overall confuses me.... and I wouldn't get rid of the 27 for an altered 36.....

JW72093 beat me to it; I don't think Bronx's bus system needs an overhaul, per se....

But I'll still comment on these anyway:

Bx6/13: If the space existed, I would send the Bx13 to the Hub (via Melrose).... A 1-seat ride from the Hub to Washington hgts. might work.

I don't really see the need for the 13 to run out to Hunts point, just so that it can be interlined w/ the 6....

Bx15/55: I would leave the Bx15 running b/w 12th/125th & Fordham plz....

But I do think maybe the 55 LTD should be sent up to Wakefield/241st w/ the 39 truncated to Gun Hill rd.... either that, or have the Bx39 & Bx41 reverted to it's pre 6/2010 routings.....

Bx11: Rerouting the Bx11 to morris hgts to kill off the Bx18.... so basically you're saying the 11 isn't needed in washington hgts since you can take the 13 or the 35.... I'm neutral with this one.

Bx9/Bx19/M100: How can I say this....

I don't like the restructuring of the Bx9/Bx19, just to have to M100 run all the way up to Riverdale - It's the M100 part of it I totally disagree with.... This notion of having 225th as a full time terminal in a couple of your ideas, I'm not too fond of either.... However, the splitting of the 9 & the 19 at Hunts Point (6) or Westchester/Southern isn't too bad an idea....

Bx20: I wouldn't bother extending it.... may as well get rid of it & give that service to the Bx7 & Bx10....

Bx26: Don't agree with extending this... Folks up in Riverdale would rather take the BxM3 into manhattan over taking the current Bx9 (or some local bus, in general) to the (4)..... and I can't fathom there being too much of a need for those patrons to get to areas where the 4 train runs within the bronx.....

Bx28/38: Yeah, I think the Bx28 should be reverted.... be gone w/ this Bx38....

Bx30: Don't think it's worth it - I mean, all that just to serve those projects while eventually getting back to Gun Hill/WPR.... Just have it loop around the edenwald houses via grace, making its way back to/from boston rd and & be done with it, if that's what you want to accomplish.... Don't agree with the notion of leaving Boston rd bus service all up to Bee Line either.....

Bx10/16/34: hmm, well....

The only thing I think should happen to the 10 is the moving of it across Bedford park blvd & up Bainbridge to get to 205th (D)... the Jerome av routing is too slow.... Anyone using the 10 that needs the hospital will just have to transfer..... Your idea of sending this all the way to Woodlawn I don't understand, especially knowing how slow that route already is.....

I agree in general with what you want to do w/ the Bx16/34.... I would go about the whole thing by creating 2 separate branches of the 16:

* Bx16's [via 233rd] would run b/w 205th (D) & Ropes/Boston Rd... These buses would just shoot across 233rd, and use the current routing b/w Dyre av subway & the shopping center over there...

* Bx16's [via Nereid] would run b/w 205th (D) & Dyre av (5)... These buses would run up Katonah av, to McLean<->Nereid, turn down Baychester av, and use the current routing from baychester av to get to Dyre av subway...

With both branches, some rush hour service would be extended to/from Fordham ctr.

Bx23/Q50: I don't think an extension to MNRR Woodlawn is necessary.... Personally, I think the Bx29 should be cut off at its head & merged with the Bx24..... This would increase the importance of the 23 b/c it would then be the only "local" (or, non-LTD) route that serves any section of co-op, coming up from PBP......

Basically, I'm saying leave the 23 alone....

- Co-op patrons needing MNRR can xfer from the 30 to the 16 (via 233rd)...

- Co-op patrons needing Dyre av (5) can continue taking the 30 & walking..... There's zero need to extend the Q50 (of all routes) up there - especially on top of running Q50's local.....

Bx5: When that mall gets propped up over there or w/e, maybe then we can bring that up as a possibility.... Right now, I gotta say nah to this....

Bx24: The 21 should be doing all that in that area....

Bx31: Don't think this will be worth it; the 22 will still be prevalent down there...

Not sure how much demand for service to Westchester Sq that exists from Castle Hill....

Bx27/36/"37": I dunno about this one...

While I like what you did w/ the "37", what you're doing w/ the 36 overall confuses me.... and I wouldn't get rid of the 27 for an altered 36.....

My reasons to your replies:

1. For the Bx13's extension to Hunts Point, most of the Bx6's crowds are from Yankee Stadium to Southern Blvd. If the Bx13 ended at 3rd Av, too many riders would pile up the Bx6 to head east. Most of them are either heading to catch the Bx5 for service to Soundview or to reach some of the housing projects and high schools located uphill from 3rd Avenue.

2. For the Bx11, I did it to prevent too many buses from being on 181st Street. In addition, it would provide Morris Heights with a more frequent bus route.

3. The only reason why the M100 is heading to 262nd is to appease folks who would complain about the lack of service along Broadway (save for the (1)). Broadway is also the same reason why the Bx26 would be extended there.

4. In regards to the Bx10, it would provide a faster ride to Montefiore Hospital since it would now bypass the congested Jerome Avenue and make less turns. In addition, it would provide a connection between heavily-elderly Woodlawn with the many senior centers in Riverdale.

5. The idea for the Bx30 was to be a crosstown route of its own in the Northeast Bronx instead of following the Bx28 or the Bee-Lines. Edenwald would now be able to reach the (2) at a stop closer to Manhattan and have first-time access to the (D) and (4), which are key to reaching the West Bronx.

6. I only did the Bx23 to Nereid to allow more consistent service on the Bx16. Co-op City riders would be able to reach northern areas like Wakefield and Mount Vernon thanks to the Bx23. As for the Q50 to Dyre, I sent it up there to provide Co-op City an alternative to the (6) and the Bx28.

7. For the Bx31's extension, it would provide Soundview/Castle Hill riders access to the hospitals in Morris Park, something Soundview/Castle Hill lacks (which is why Pedro Espada's clinics are so popular over there).

8. To clear up confusion for the Bx36, here are the specifics for the route.

Eastbound: 180th St, Tremont Av, Taylor Av, 174th St, Rosedale Av, Randall Av, Soundview Av

Westbound: Soundview Av, Randall Av, Rosedale AV, 180th St

-It would change east of Boston Rd by continuing on East 180th St, connecting to the (2) and (5) at E 180th St, thus giving Clason's Point/Rosedale riders with a connection to the express (5) train.

-Having the Bx36 running on Rosedale would create a north-south route west of White Plains Rd in Soundview.

On another thing that came up from QJTransitMaster, I would do the following to provide more consistent service on Boston Road in the Northeast Bronx.

1. The Bee-Line 60/61/62 would be cut back to the Dyre Av (5) station

2. A new route, the Bx25, would run between Ropes Av/Boston Rd and Fordham Plaza.

-8 minute headways during rush hours, 12 minutes during middays, 15 minutes weekends/evenings

Replies in red.

then Bx28 LTD if 38 is enhanced.

I'd prefer for the Bx28 LTD to run from Fordham Ctr to Co-op City via 1-2-3-4-5 during the day except evenings and nights. No short turns to Norwood, LTD would run from Bedford Park to Bartow Av, local elsewhere. The Bx38 would run from Bay Plaza to Norwood, bypasing Co-op City whenever the Bx28 LTD operates.

turn either bx40 or 42 into a full LTD.

Strong Bx40 LTD supporter for 6 years now. It would be nice if it ran weekdays (maybe Saturdays) except for evenings, nights, and Sundays.

Make bx36 LTD run all day for faster GWB access try ltd bx3 & 11 if needed

It's useless if it can't bypass any Bx36 locals, so no to that. Bx3 may need LTD service as it's a very frequent and heavily utilized route.

Replies in Red.

I'll copy/paste the ideas:

Bronx Bus Overhaul

Southwest Bronx

Bx6 and Bx13: interlined, both run under West Farms Depot

Combined Headways

Rush hrs: 3.5 mins (7 mins each)

Middays: 5 mins (10 mins each)

Evenings/Weekends: 6 mins (12 mins each)

Bx6: runs to Riverside Drive late nights to connect with (1) at 157th Street

Bx13: extended east to Hunts Point Market

runs via Tiffany St to replace Barretto Point Park Shuttle

Route: 161 St, Elton Av, 163 St, Hunts Point Av, Lafayette Av, Tiffany St, Viele Av, Food Center Drive

Not bad, but most of Hunts Point is industry. Unless its to provide service for the housing along Lafayette?

Bx15 & Bx55: interlined, both run under West Farms Depot

Combined Headways

Rush hrs: 4 mins (8 mins each)

Middays and Weekends (during the day): 5 mins (10 mins each)

Bx15: runs between Fordham Plaza and 138th St/3rd Av (6) station

5am-8pm weekdays, 8am-6pm weekends

use local Bx55 other times

no longer runs on Willis Avenue

Bx55: runs between Gun Hill Rd (2) sta and 125th St/Lexington Av (4/5/6) sta

northbound via Madison Avenue Bridge

makes limited stops 5am-8pm weekdays, 8am-6pm weekends

runs local other times

Nope. Demand for via 125th Street all the way accross. Why cut service to Manhattanville?

Bx11: runs between West Farms Rd/Southern Blvd and River Park Towers

replaces Bx18 in Morris Heights, use Bx13/35 for Washington Heights

Route: 168th St, 167th St, Sedgwick Av, Tremont Av, McCracken Av, Harlem River Park Bridge, Undercliff Av

Bx18: eliminated, use Bx11 for Morris Heights

Demand. I've passed 181st Street lots of times and there are lots of people use the Bx11.

North Bronx

Bx19: truncated to Westchester Av/Southern Blvd

use Bx9 for north of Westchester Av

Bx9: runs between Hunts Point Av (6) sta and 225th St/Bway (1) sta

replaces Bx19 north of Westchester Av

Use extended M100 for Broadway

No way! I wouldn't wanna see this cut, high ridership, and no point to force Bx19 riders south of Westchester to transfer to the Bx9. Plus there are people who ride it to/from NYBG and the Zoo. Also the Bx9 is long enough, and demand is at West Farms.

Bx20: interlined with Bx7, extended north to 263rd St/Riverdale Av

No need. Use the Bx10.

Bx22: new western terminus is 225th St/Bway (1) sta

use Bx28/30 for Goulden Av

To long. Bx9 instead.

Bx26: extended west to 262nd/Bway via Paul Av, Mosholu, Van Cort, Bway

allows faster connection between Riverdale and (4) train

Bx28 & Bx38: merged into one route (bx28)

runs between Earhart Lane and 225th St/Bway (1) sta via All sections

route: Mosholu Pkwy, Paul, Bedford Park, Goulden, Kingsbridge

use (4)(D), Bx1/2, Bx16, Bx41/55 for Fordham

But you already have the Bx10 if you want Riverdale Service and the IRT. Maybe 231st Riverdale Ave or 238th and Bway.

The Bx28/38 was split because of the budget cut and to shorten the Bx28. I like the Bx38 anyways since theres always a crowd going West of Gun Hill and White Plains Road to the Hospital. Maybe the Bx28 can make LTD along Gun Hill from Bartow & Co-op to 206th Street.

Bx30: runs from Earhart Lane to 231st/Bway

rerouted via 222nd St to fill crosstown gap and serve Edenwald Houses

use Bee-Lines for Boston Rd

route: Boston Rd, Grace Av, 229th St, Laconia Av, 222nd St, White Plains Rd, Gun Hill Rd, Bainbridge Av, Mosholu Pkwy, Sedgwick Av, Giles Pl, Heath av, Albany Crescent, Bailey Av, 231st St

Bx34: eliminated

use Bx10 for Woodlawn and Bx16 for Fordham

Bx10: new eastern terminus is 242nd/Katonah

Route changes east of Dickinson Av

route: Sedgwick, Mosholu, Paul, Bedford Park, Bainbridge, Jerome, 233, Katonah

Bx16: runs between Fordham Center and Ropes/Hollers Avs

via 233 St

use Bx23 for Nereid/Baychester

Why the Bx10 to Woodlawn? The Bx16 follows the Bx34 & the Bx31. Maybe the Bx16 to Fordham would be nice. The Bx10 is good at where its at.

Bx23: runs between Pelham Bay Park and 233rd/Webster

via Sections 3-4-5

Route: Bronx Blvd, Nereid, Mundy, Pitman, Baychester, Boston, Conner, Co-op City Blvd, Asch, Bartow, Hutchinson, Hunter, Earhart, Erskine, bruckner

Q50: new northern terminus is Dyre Av (5) station

runs local in The Bronx, serves Sec 1-2-4-5

Route: Bruckner, Erskine, Bx30 route to Boston Rd, then Dyre Av

Bx30 / Bx28 / Bx38 as an Alternative.

Southeast Bronx

Bx5: truncated to Brush/Schley Avs

use Q50 for Bruckner Blvd

Nah good the way it is.

Bx24: rerouted via Waters Pl to serve Bronx Psychiatric and Hutch Metro Ctr

Route: Westchester, Waters, Bronx Psy Loop, Waters, Hutch Metro Loop, Waters, Eastchester, Williamsbridge, Tremont, Lane Av

Good idea!

Bx31: extended to Castle Hill/Zerega Avs to serve Unionport

Route: Lane Av, Commerce, Zerega

No comment.

Bx27: eliminated

use Bx36 for Rosedale av and new Bx37 for 174th St, and bx4/4a for Westchester

Demand as always.

Bx36: new eastern terminus is Clason’s Point

use Bx37 for 174th St

Route: 180th St, Rosedale/Taylor avs, 174th St, Rosedale, Randall, Soundview

Demand as always.

Bx37: runs between Fordham plaza and Castle Hill/Zerega Avs

Route: 3rd Av, 184th St, Arthur Av, 182nd St, Boston Rd, Hoe/Vyse Avs, 174th St, Cross Bronx Exp, White Plains, Lacombe, Castle Hill

I'd use the Q44 for Fordham Plaza.

Interborough Routes

M100: extended to 262nd/Bway to replace Bx9 on Broadway

Demand as always. The M100 maybe to 225th Street or 231st & Riverdale Ave would be nice.