Bronx Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

cotb16

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

...and extending the Bx13 would make for a (much) longer wait for a bus to washington heights....

In any event:

1) At the expense of Bronx patrons having a chance to catch the (A) express, I'd say it's well worth it.....

2) The M2 takes an indirect path to Columbia Presbyterian as it is... It takes Edgecombe b/c the M3 runs on Amsterdam (that wasn't done by accident either)...

- Harlem riders can (and do) take the 100/101 there, for a number of reasons...

- Madison av riders (those south of 110th, that is) seeking that area can take the M3... Come to think of it, if the M2 continued west on 155th, then you could have M3's short turn on 168th....

...then you can instantiate M3 LTD's (which I think should happen anyway).... LTD service would run the full route from 191st to E. village (LTD's make all local stops b/w 191st & 168th)... M3 locals would start at 168th.... M3 LTD service would run the same way M2 LTD's do..... M2 LTD's would run the same way M1 LTD's do (which is rush hrs. only).....

Bx6 riders would end up on the (A) by way of the 145th St transfer from the (D). Most riders on the Bx6 get off at three stops in Manhattan; Edgecombe (for the M2 to Harlem), Amsterdam (for the M100 to Washington Heights since the M100 serves a more popular part of the neighborhood than the M101), and Broadway (for the (1) or the M4/5).

Bx6 riders would end up on the (A) by way of the 145th St transfer from the (D).

Most riders on the Bx6 get off at three stops in Manhattan; Edgecombe (for the M2 to Harlem), Amsterdam (for the M100 to Washington Heights since the M100 serves a more popular part of the neighborhood than the M101), and Broadway (for the (1) or the M4/5).

None of the connections to those subway or bus routes would be lost with what I'm saying here......

Secondly, you just illustrated what I already knew - virtually the Bx6's entire usage in Manhattan all come off transfers from other routes/modes....the same cannot be said for any of the other bronx-manhattan routes - not even the Bx33..... Where are people taking the Bx6 in Manhattan that doesn't involve taking some other bus or subway before or afterwards?

In plain english, there is nothing of interest along/around 155th itself.... sending the Bx6 to 168th would change that....

I'd rather seek to improve the network & build on its individual service, than to add another layer of service as a band-aid solution

(I'm gonna start using that term; "layer of service"... credit to BrooklynBus)

Leaning towards no. The Bx19 has good service, but it's just pretty slow.

Instead, we should focus on improving the Bx33.

Bx33proposalwithstops.png

This Bx33 extension idea is pretty straightforward. It would turn around using Hamiliton Place. That could be a problem, there isn't really space for buses to layover. The last stop from the Bronx would be either Broadway & 135th St or on Hamiliton Place off 137th St. The first stop to the Bronx would be at Broadway & 138th St.

The Bx33 is short, and its headaways suck. Plus it stops dead at St. Nicholas Av. At the very least, it should run to Broadway. Now it can directly serve City College Campus, and West Hamiliton Heights. The 33 isn't as frequent as the Bx15 or Bx19, but it doesn't really run into as much traffic as they do. In fact, I think the Bx33 could make a good feeder route to the (2)(4)(5) and (6).

Right now, people coming from the area who need the (2) usually backtrack on the (1) to 96th St and people who need the (6) generally take the M100 or M101 to 125th St. I heard a few people in my grade take the Bx19 all the way over to the (6), which I think is crazy, but I guess some commutes work. The Bx33 could save some real time. It would need more service though. Imagine that, extending a route and giving it more service, probably not the most economical solution is it? ^_^

Edited by Mysterious2train

Bx33proposalwithstops.png

I've always wanted this to happen. Hopefully one day I or someone would suggest to the MTA. No need to walk via St. Nicholas Park just to reach the west, or even the Bx15 / Bx19.

Traffic wise, yes the Bx15 / Bx19 has a lot a traffic at times to deal with, but the Bx33 also deals with it sometimes between 3rd Avenue and St. Mary Street along 138th. But not far worst as the other routes.

do you think 145th street needs more service in manhattan

No, its good enough. If the buses are late, its the bus drivers fault, traffic, or what ever the issue is. I've seen up to 3 to even 4 Bx19s back to back many times.

**image**

This Bx33 extension idea is pretty straightforward. It would turn around using Hamiliton Place. That could be a problem, there isn't really space for buses to layover. The last stop from the Bronx would be either Broadway & 135th St or on Hamiliton Place off 137th St. The first stop to the Bronx would be at Broadway & 138th St.

The Bx33 is short, and its headaways suck. Plus it stops dead at St. Nicholas Av. At the very least, it should run to Broadway. Now it can directly serve City College Campus, and West Hamiliton Heights. The 33 isn't as frequent as the Bx15 or Bx19, but it doesn't really run into as much traffic as they do. In fact, I think the Bx33 could make a good feeder route to the (2)(4)(5) and (6).

Right now, people coming from the area who need the (2) usually backtrack on the (1) to 96th St and people who need the (6) generally take the M100 or M101 to 125th St. I heard a few people in my grade take the Bx19 all the way over to the (6), which I think is crazy, but I guess some commutes work. The Bx33 could save some real time. It would need more service though. Imagine that, extending a route and giving it more service, probably not the most economical solution is it? ^_^

I proposed something similar to that idea a couple yrs ago back on RD.... except I had it continuing down amsterdam & across 125th to end w/ the Bx15.... I was basically presenting such a plan the same way you are with yours....

However, actually attending there for a couple summers, I came to a realization that made me rescind any Bx33 extension....

Problem is, CCNY kids aren't walking down to St. Nicholas park to catch the 33 ..... and I can assure you none of them students coming off the (1) will take the bus to CCNY itself (your best case scenario would be to have buses at the station ready & waiting for them).... Even the old M18 up/down convent didn't do those students any justice - and that stopped at 125th st subway (A/B/C/D) & stopped right dead in front of the campus' as well...... You would have to add service to the route to make it more conducive to them, on top of extending it (b/c buses only run like 15 mins peak, 20 off peak IINM)..... You'd have to gauge how many CCNY students are from the bronx, that would ride down from wherever they're emanating from, to even reach the 33...

Speaking of which, you also have to consider where the Bx33 goes in the Bronx, if you want to talk about improving the route....

Quite honestly, I'm glad the route is still around... I wouldn't do any tinkering around with it....

Good idea on paper, I just don't think it'd be all too worth it realistically....

Edited by B35 via Church

I proposed something similar to that idea a couple yrs ago back on RD.... except I had it continuing down amsterdam & across 125th to end w/ the Bx15.... I was basically presenting such a plan the same way you are with yours....

However, actually attending there for a couple summers, I came to a realization that made me rescind any Bx33 extension....

Problem is, CCNY kids aren't walking down to St. Nicholas park to catch the 33 ..... and I can assure you none of them students coming off the (1) will take the bus to CCNY itself (your best case scenario would be to have buses at the station ready & waiting for them).... Even the old M18 up/down convent didn't do those students any justice - and that stopped at 125th st subway (A/B/C/D) & stopped right dead in front of the campus' as well...... You would have to add service to the route to make it more conducive to them, on top of extending it (b/c buses only run like 15 mins peak, 20 off peak IINM)..... You'd have to gauge how many CCNY students are from the bronx, that would ride down from wherever they're emanating from, to even reach the 33...

Speaking of which, you also have to consider where the Bx33 goes in the Bronx, if you want to talk about improving the route....

Quite honestly, I'm glad the route is still around... I wouldn't do any tinkering around with it....

Good idea on paper, I just don't think it'd be all too worth it realistically....

Some of the CCNY students use the CCNY Bus Service. I think there are two routes. One from 137th IRT Station and the other out of 145th IND.

Some of the CCNY students use the CCNY Bus Service. I think there are two routes. One from 137th IRT Station and the other out of 145th IND.

Yep (to your point & the fact that there are two of them), but those are dedicated bus services..... i.e., private services....

Even all the more reason why I don't think those students would wait around for a Bx33 to the campus' from 137th (1).... especially if the buses aren't right there when they come up from the subway.....

That's just CCNY.... then there's the non-ccny folks that have to be factored in as well; how many folks on that side of 133rd are tryna get over to the M1's, 2's, 3's,10's, etc. of the world on the opposite side of 133rd.....

To clear things up I wasn't really referring to people taking the Bx33 from the (1) train station. It's only a block and a half (or a little longer depending on which building you're going to) from the train station to the Campus so there's no real reason to take a bus, especially since . I was intending the Bx33 mainly to feed people to the subway, and perhaps steal riders from the Bx15 and 19 (which are both slower, no contest). The end at Broadway would be mainly to connect the two sides of St. Nicholas Park. The route actually does get a fair amount of intra-neighborhood usage. I do agree that people coming off the subway from points North might not be too eager to switch to the Bx33. The transfer to the (4)(5) is pretty desolate and the transfer to the (6) isn't that much better. After trying to cut weekend service in 2010 I'm betting the (MTA) is more than willing to cut the Bx33 in the future and push people onto the 15, 17, and 19.

Irrelevant, but there's no shuttle bus from CCNY to 137th St currently but there are shuttle buses to 125th St and 145th St

http://www1.ccny.cun...-Route-2010.pdf

(That map's outdated, right now the green route heads back to the train station on Convent Av, not Broadway).

Edited by Mysterious2train

To clear things up I wasn't really referring to people taking the Bx33 from the (1) train station.

Ok, but you do have it terminating there; that's why I bothered to speak on that aspect of it....

You don't end a bus route by a subway station if you don't think (or have the intent of) ppl. utilizing it.....

The route actually does get a fair amount of intra-neighborhood usage.

Yeah, the current route does...... No one said or implied otherwise....

What I (rhetorically) asked was, how many people would take an extended Bx33 from one side of the park to the other..... esp. enough to justify the extension.....

I propose

Bx1: Extend via Riverdale Ave to 246 street

Bx2: Retain

Bx3: Rerouted via Macombs Road,then in Bx11 route to GWB weekdays

Bx4: Extended to Pelham Bay Park and Co-Op City via Bx23 routing

Bx4A: See Bx24

Bx5: Extended via Einstein Loop to City Island

Bx6; Retain

Bx7: Rerouted via H H P

Bx8: Retain

Bx9: Extra Rush and Saturday Service

Bx10:Some Sevice originates at 207 street in Manhattan (2AM and 2PM Trips to 207 street). Limited stop service all day weekdays from 6 Am-10 PM

Bx11: Rerouted via Macombs Road and Unversity Avenue to Replace Bx18 and Allieviate Bx3/Bx36

Bx12: Retain

Bx13: Some service extended to Hunts Point

Bx15: Retain

Bx16: Service extended to Fordham via bx34 route weekdays and Saturdays

Bx17: Retain

Bx18:Eliminated, see Bx11/Bx40/42

Bx19: Retain

Bx20: Eliminated, see Bx7/Bx10

Bx21: Retain

Bx22: Retain

Bx23: Eliminated, see Bx4

Bx24: Extended along Weatchester Avenue and Metropolitan Avenue to the Hub using Hybrids

Bx24: Short-turns Aling Westchester Avenue and Metropolitan from WF using CNG Buses

Bx26: Retain

Bx27: Retain

Bx28: Retain and revert to 6/2010 routings

Bx29: See Bx5

Bx30: Retain

Bx31: Retain

Bx32:Retain

Bx33: Extend to St Nicholas Avenue or To Broadway

Bx34: See Bx16

Bx35: Rerouted along Bx11 Route until they intersect again from the GWB in the Bronx in Unversity Heights

Bx36; Limiteds take Castle Hill and Cross Bronx Expressway. Just Kidding, Retain ALL Service

Bx38: Make it the limited stop version of the Bx28 skipping Northern Co-Op city 7 days a week while some are local short-turns only to 205 street

Bx39: Retain

Bx41: Retain

Bx40: Limited making stops at major intersections during the day, local past 10 PM, and extended to Current Bx18 terminal via Segdwick/Undercliff Avenue to below the GWB

Bx42: Extended via Segdwick/Undercliff to current Bx18 terminal

Q44: Retain

Q50: Retain

60: Retain

61: Retain

62: Limited Stop in the Bronx

40/41: Retain

43: Limited stop in the Bronx

45: Retain

1: Retain

1T: Proposed to Be combined with the 1

1C: Renamed 111

1W: Renamed 101

1X: Eliminated, use 3

3: Limited Stop in the Bronx

2: Retain

8: Retain

I propose

Bx6; Retain

Bx10:Some Sevice originates at 207 street in Manhattan (2AM and 2PM Trips to 207 street). Limited stop service all day weekdays from 6 Am-10 PM

Bx11: Rerouted via Macombs Road and Unversity Avenue to Replace Bx18 and Allieviate Bx3/Bx36

Bx24: Extended along Weatchester Avenue and Metropolitan Avenue to the Hub using Hybrids

Bx24: Short-turns Aling Westchester Avenue and Metropolitan from WF using CNG Buses

Bx35: Rerouted along Bx11 Route until they intersect again from the GWB in the Bronx in Unversity Heights

Bx36; Limiteds take Castle Hill and Cross Bronx Expressway. Just Kidding, Retain ALL Service

Bx38: Make it the limited stop version of the Bx28 skipping Northern Co-Op city 7 days a week while some are local short-turns only to 205 street

Bx40: Limited making stops at major intersections during the day, local past 10 PM, and extended to Current Bx18 terminal via Segdwick/Undercliff Avenue to below the GWB

What the hell are you thinking by merging the Bx23 and Bx4? Name one person that takes a Bx23 to ultimately seek the Bx4.

Next up no limited service is needed among the Bx28/38. It gets crowded at times but it's not that bad also there are issues of headway to be dealt with. Last but not least the Bx29 is fine as is. If Bx5 riders want to go to City Island, which I doubt they do, just extend the route without sacrificing the Bx29. A one seater from Co-op City to City Island should not be taken away for the sake of the sorry Bx5.

Q23 I know you a teenager, but unless you been on that route just like your Brooklyn proposals stick to Queens IMO. Replies in red.

I propose

Bx1: Extend via Riverdale Ave to 246 street-Why? This is already a long route. If you been to that area the artics on the BX1 may have trouble turning.

Bx2: Retain-Agree.

Bx3: Rerouted via Macombs Road,then in Bx11 route to GWB weekdays-Why?

Bx4: Extended to Pelham Bay Park and Co-Op City via Bx23 routing-Then it parrels the (6) too much. Main purpose of the BX23 is to be a shuttle between Coop City and Pelham Bay.

Bx5: Extended via Einstein Loop to City Island-Nope. The BX5 should remain as it.

Bx6; Retain

Bx7: Rerouted via H H P-Why use the HHP? Not sure if buses can handle the low widths and lengths (see belt parkway)of the Hudson Pwy.

Plus it's used along Riverdale/Bway for the many senior citizens going to Marble Hill and Inwood/Washington Heights in Manhattan.

Bx10:Some Sevice originates at 207 street in Manhattan (2AM and 2PM Trips to 207 street). Limited stop service all day weekdays from 6 Am-10 PM-Why? You seem to never been on the BX10 before. It main purpose is to be a crosstown NW Bronx route between Riverdale and Norwood.

Bx16: Service extended to Fordham via bx34 route weekdays and Saturdays-You already have the W-60/61 for Pelham/Fordham service. Riders along 238th/Neired are connecting to the (2) (4)at Woodlawn (5)at Dyre and (D) at 205th Station trains. Just restore weekend BX34 service.

Bx19: Retain-BX19 should have a limited at least during rush hours.

Bx20: Eliminated, see Bx7/Bx10-Just rename the BX7a for that part of the BX20 and call it a day.

Bx23: Eliminated, see Bx4-Wrong. If anything the BX23 should have 20-30 minute overnight service.

Bx28: Retain and revert to 6/2010 routings-Probably is best. However BX28 should have a limited along Gun Hill.

Bx38: Make it the limited stop version of the Bx28 skipping Northern Co-Op city 7 days a week while some are local short-turns only to 205 street-Probably the best idea of all of your bronx propsals Q23.

Bx40: Limited making stops at major intersections during the day, local past 10 PM, and extended to Current Bx18 terminal via Segdwick/Undercliff Avenue to below the GWB-Agree with a weekday limited stop for the BX40. However the current routing should remain.

Bx42: Extended via Segdwick/Undercliff to current Bx18 terminal-The BX40/42 are already long crosstown routes that has bunching problems.

Q44: Retain-The proposed super limted Q94 before the June '10 cuts running between Flushing and Fordham could help out the Q44 alot.

1C: Renamed 111-

3: Limited Stop in the Bronx-Already is and no need to extend it.

Dont forget i always felt that they should be a Beeline route running between Coop and New Rochelle as well.

I propose:

Bx18: Eliminated, see Bx11/Bx40/42

My reply:

Bx1: Bad idea... It's enough that it serves the crowds at 231st st (1) & Tracey Towers before it hits the GC.....

Bx3: Noooo way... The bulk of the route's ridership is b/w kingsbridge rd & wash. hgts itself (meaning, the university av portion)... including serving all those kids that go to Bx comm. college.... Basically, you're botching up service for no real reason at all.....

Bx4/Bx23/Bx28: The Bx23 was formed from the old Qbx1 to perform as the co-op city shuttle.... You would be compromising service within co-op city by sending buses to the hub, even if you are reverting the Bx28..... You can still revert the 28 & have the 23 exist at its current state, as the 28 doesn't serve PBP......

Bx4a/Bx24: I don't care what type of bus is being ran on the route, Country club still wouldn't want "all those buses in their neighborhood"... two, prepare yourself for the "riff raff" argument out of CC patrons..... three, Parkchester would like to have a word with you - you're prolonging the portion of a former route that was brought back specifically for them..... four, the Bx4a is a part of the Bx4 for a reason.....

Bx5/Bx29: huh? Why would anyone seeking service to/from city island agree to this.... you want them to endure a backtrack to section 5 before it reaches Pelham Bay (6)....

Bx7/Bx10/Bx20: I'd leave the 10 alone (well in riverdale anyway)....

I would just get rid of the 20 & split the 7 b/w serving HHP & the current route (riverdale av) & be done with it.....

Bx11: Quite frankly, I think Cotb16's plan makes more sense (basically rerouting the 11 via the 18 to serve morris hgts instead of washington hgts).... Your Bx3 & 11 plan would make those two routes too indirect.....

Bx13: Don't agree, for the same reasons I already pointed out to Cotb16....

Bx16/34: That's the consensus....

Bx18/40/42: Can't send both those routes down there; gonna have to be one or the other....

Again, this is why attempting to streamline the Bx11/18 makes more sense than reconfiguring the Bx3/11/18/40/42 the way you have......

Bx33: Don't think it would be worth it....

Bx35: Negative.... Bx35 is the prevalent route over the 11.... Keep the buses on Edward Grant.

Bx36: lol.....

Bx38: I would just get rid of this & revert the 28.....

1c/1w: Okay - If you think service to westchester comm. college & white plains should be designated as special services (which bee line's 3-digit routes are)....

1t: Not sure exactly what you're suggesting with this, as 1t's are basically 1's that go to tarrytown..... If you're sayin that all current 1's should be extended to Tarrytown, I don't agree with that.... 1's run to/from (yonkers) city line when the 1c/t/w stops running to help out the 2 b/w The Bronx & downtown yonkers/Getty Sq area.....

1x: huh? the 1x is an express 1c....

BL-2: agreed... and to add, of the amt. of 1's that run b/w the bronx & city line, I think some of those buses should be designated to run the 2 route, as it's more prevalent over the 1.... basically what I'm sayin here is, the freq. of 2's should be higher than that of the amt. of 1's.....

BL-3: agreed

BL-43: It already runs non-stop b/w the 241st st. (2) & S. 5th st in Mt. Vernon....

BL-62: agreed

I propose

Bx6; Retain

Bx3: I agree with B35, this route is nicknamed "The Quisqueya Express" for a reason -- the bulk of the riders on University are heading to Washington Heights and the area around Sedgwick Houses.

Bx5/29 merger: no good. I don't think artics could handle the small City Island streets.

Bx11: keep it on West 168th St since Highbridge riders have a quicker ride to the (4) with the Bx11 as opposed to the Bx13. Besides, Macombs Road does not pick up too many riders (save for the rush hours with the middle school on 176th/Macombs).

Bx35: agree with B35, keep it on Edward L. Grant Hwy since it's a direct ride from Washington Heights to the (4).

Bx36: the only things I would do to the LTD are 1) have it stop on both sides of Grand Concourse in each direction, 2) expand it to middays, and 3) Bx36 locals would not run into Washington Heights while LTD's run.

Bx40/42: while it makes more sense to send them to Undercliff Av, I don't think artics would have a tough time meandering through narrow streets known for double-parking.

Bronx Bus Overhaul (Update 1)

Southwest Bronx

Bx2: runs via Bx1 south of 149th St. Use extended Bx13 for The Hub

because of this, no Sunday service (all Sunday Bx2’s become Bx1’s since Bx1 runs local on that day)

Bx6: in addition to the service boost that will start in July, it would run every 8 mins on weekends

runs the full route late nights to connect with (1) at 157th/Bway

Bx13: if Hunts Point extension is not a great idea, I’m thinking about combining two previous ideas. It would run to The Hub, but via the Gateway Center Mall.

It would replace the Bx2 in The Hub

However, I’m a bit skeptical about how the Bx13 will make the turn from 161st St onto River Av (and viceversa) with the high pedestrian traffic from Yankees’ games, the courts, and residents.

Route: 161st St, River Av, 149th St, Bergen Av, Westchester Av, Melrose Av

Bx15 & Bx55: interlined, both run under West Farms Depot

Combined Headways

Rush hrs: 4 mins (8 mins each)

Middays and Weekends (during the day): 5 mins (10 mins each)

Bx15: runs between Fordham Plaza and 138th St/3rd Av (6) station

5am-8pm weekdays, 8am-6pm weekends

use local Bx55 other times

no longer runs on Willis Avenue

Bx55: runs between Gun Hill Rd (2) sta and 125th St/Lexington Av (4/5/6) sta

northbound via Madison Avenue Bridge

makes limited stops 5am-8pm weekdays, 8am-6pm weekends

runs local other times

Bx55 limited stops

Gun Hill/White Plains

Gun Hill/Webster

204 St

Bedford Park Blvd

Fordham Plaza/3 Av

183 St

180 St

Tremont Av

Claremont Pkwy

168 St

163 St

157 St

149 St

138 St/Morris-Lincoln Avs

125 St/Lexington Av

Bx11: runs between West Farms Rd/Southern Blvd and River Park Towers

replaces Bx18 in Morris Heights, use Bx13/35 for Washington Heights

Route: 168th St, 167th St, Sedgwick Av, Tremont Av, McCracken Av, Harlem River Park Bridge, Undercliff Av

Bx18: eliminated, use Bx11 for Morris Heights

North Bronx

Bx7/20: rerouted between 231st St and 225th St via Bailey Av to avoid congested stretch of Broadway

Route: 231st St, Bailey, 225th St, Broadway

Bx19: truncated to Westchester Av/Southern Blvd

use Bx9 for north of Westchester Av

Bx9: runs between Hunts Point Av (6) sta and 231st St/Riverdale Av

replaces Bx19 north of Westchester Av

Use extended M100 for Broadway

Route: Southern Bl, Fordham, Kingsbridge, Bway, 230th, Riverdale, 231st, Kingsbridge Av, 230th

Bx22: new western terminus is 231st St/Riverdale Av

use Bx28/30 for Goulden Av

Bx26: extended west to 262nd/Bway via Paul Av, Mosholu, Van Cort, Bway

allows faster connection between Eastern Riverdale and (4)

Bx28 & Bx38: merged into one route (Bx28)

runs between Earhart Lane and 231st/Riverdale Av via All sections

route: Mosholu Pkwy, Paul, Bedford Park, Goulden, Kingsbridge

It runs through Kingsbridge Rd to serve Educational Mile and 225th St Target

use (4)(D), Bx1/2, Bx16, Bx41/55 for Fordham

New Bx28 LTD runs rush hours only

Earhart Lane

Einstein Loop/Hutch Pkwy

Coop City Bl/Bartow Av

Bellamy Loop/Coop City Bl

Rombouts Av (serves Carver and Dreiser)

Donizetti Pl/Baychester Av (serves Truman HS)

Edson/Bartow Avs

Eastchester/Gun Hill Rds

Knapp St ( (5) train station)

Boston Rd

Bronxwood Av

White Plains Rd

Webster Av

Montefiore Hospital/Bainbridge Av (e/b at 210 St, w/b at Gun Hill Rd)

206th St

West Mosholu Pkwy South/Paul Av

local to 231st Street

Bx30: runs from Earhart Lane to 231st/Bway

rerouted via 222nd St to fill crosstown gap and serve Edenwald/Baychester Houses and Cardinal Spellman HS

use new Bx14 for Boston Rd

route: Boston Rd, Grace Av, 229th St, Laconia Av, 222nd St, White Plains Rd, Gun Hill Rd, Bainbridge Av, Mosholu Pkwy, Sedgwick Av, Giles Pl, Heath av, Albany Crescent, Bailey Av, 231st St

Bx34: eliminated

use Bx10 for Woodlawn and Bx16 for Fordham

Bx10: new eastern terminus is 242nd/Katonah

Route changes east of Dickinson Av

route: Sedgwick, Mosholu, Paul, Bedford Park, Bainbridge, Jerome, 233, Katonah

Bx16: runs between Fordham Center and Ropes/Hollers Avs

via 233 St

use Bx23 for Nereid/Baychester, replaces Bx34 on Bainbridge Av

Bx23: runs between Pelham Bay Park and 233rd/Webster

via Sections 3-4-5

Route: Bronx Blvd, Nereid, Mundy, Pitman, Baychester, Boston, Conner, Co-op City Blvd, Asch, Bartow, Hutchinson, Hunter, Earhart, Erskine, bruckner

Q50: new northern terminus is Dyre Av (5) station

runs local in The Bronx, serves Sec 1-2-4-5

Route: Bruckner, Erskine, Bx30 route to Boston Rd, then Dyre Av

Southeast Bronx

Bx4A: absorbed onto Bx4, use Bx14 for Metropolitan Avenue

Bx5: truncated to Brush/Schley Avs

use Q50 for Bruckner Blvd

Bx14: new Boston Road route running between Dyre Av (5) station and Turnbull/Pugsley Avs (Stevenson High School)

replaces Bee-Lines and Bx30 on Boston Rd, Bx4A on Metro Av, and Bx36 on White Plains Road

Route: Dyre Av, Boston Rd, Bronx Park East, Bronxdale Av, Castle Hill Av, Metropolitan Av, McGraw/Wood Avs, White Plains Rd, Turnbull Av, Pugsley Av, Lafayette Av

Bx24: rerouted via Waters Pl to serve Bronx Psychiatric and Hutch Metro Ctr

Route: Westchester, Waters, Bronx Psy Loop, Waters, Hutch Metro Loop, Waters, Eastchester, Williamsbridge, Tremont, Lane Av

Bx31: extended to Castle Hill/Zerega Avs to serve Unionport

Route: Lane Av, Commerce, Zerega

Bx27: eliminated

use Bx36 for Rosedale av and new Bx37 for 174th St, and bx4/4a for Westchester

Bx36: new eastern terminus is Clason’s Point

use Bx37 for 174th St

Route: 180th St, Rosedale/Taylor avs, 174th St, Rosedale, Randall, Soundview

Restructured Bx36 LTD service

(Bx36 Locals run between Cross Bronx/Univ Av and Clason’s Point)

local between Washington Heights and Tremont/Univ Avs

Tremont/University

Jerome Av

Grand Concourse (west side)

Grand Concourse (East side)/Monroe Avenue

Tremont/Webster

180th St

3rd Av/180th St

Crotona Av

Southern Blvd

Boston Rd

Morris Park Av (180th St (2/5) station)

174th/Rosedale

Westchester

Story

Rosedale/Randall

local to Clason’s Point

Bx37: runs between Fordham plaza and Flushing (7) station

makes Limited stops between Flushing and Parkchester, then local to Fordham

Replaces Bx36 on 174th St and Q44 on Cross Bx/Flushing

Route: 3rd Av, 184th St, Arthur Av, 182nd St, Boston Rd, Hoe/Vyse Avs, 174th St, Cross Bronx Exp, Brush Av/Hutchinson Pky, Whitestone Exp, Linden Pl, Northern, Main

LTD Stops

Roosevelt Av/Main St

Northern Blvd

35th Av/Linden Pl

Whitestone Expwy

20th Av/Whitestone Expwy

Lafayette Av/Hutch Pkwy

Bruckner Blvd/Brush Av (Home Depot)

Castle Hill av/Cross Bronx Expwy

Hugh J. Grant Circle

then local to Fordham Plaza

Interborough Routes

Q44: terminates at College Point via Q20A path, Q20 local takes Q20B’s place

Use new Bx37 for Flushing-to-Bronx service

M100: extended to 262nd/Bway to replace Bx9 north of 225th St

Bee-Line 60/61/62: new southern terminus is Eastchester/Dyre Av (5) station

use restructured Bx14 for Boston Road and Bx12/22 for Fordham Road

Depot Lineups *uses artics

Eastchester: Bx23, Q50, BxM6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Gun Hill: Bx4*, 5*, 12*, 14, 16, 24, 26, 28, 29, 30, 31, 39*, 41*

Kingsbridge: Bx1/2*, 3, 7, 9*, 10, 11, 13, 22*, 32, M100

West Farms: Bx6, 15/55*, 17, 19*, 21, 33, 35, 36, 37, 40/42*

Yonkers: BxM1, 2, 3, 4, 11, 18

Edited by cotb16

What the hell are you thinking by merging the Bx23 and Bx4? Name one person that takes a Bx23 to ultimately seek the Bx4.

Next up no limited service is needed among the Bx28/38. It gets crowded at times but it's not that bad also there are issues of headway to be dealt with. Last but not least the Bx29 is fine as is. If Bx5 riders want to go to City Island, which I doubt they do, just extend the route without sacrificing the Bx29. A one seater from Co-op City to City Island should not be taken away for the sake of the sorry Bx5.

Maybe the Bx23/4 has been chaotic plan, but the Bx5 would extend to Co-Op City to JCPenny, then continue to City Island. The Artics would remain on Mainland Bronx, while 40 footers continue to city Island on the Bx5. The Bx29 riders would still have a one seat route to Co-Op, and have an option of going to Southwestern Bronx as well, nobody would lose anything. It gives an option to go further past Co-Op city. Summer service would be unaffected