Bronx Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

cotb16

That's a bit of a stretch.... Successful....

Best case scenario, this route would get formidable usage b/w the Fordham plz. area & Norwood...

The MTA would be better off diverting the 34 onto mosholu & jerome from 205th (D) for that purpose, over creating a new route that's redundant to a slew of routes along its course & would have questionable usage b/w westchester sq. & southern blvd.....

Seriously, how much ridership you think would emerge from the eastern portion of this "bx18".....

Your route AVOIDS Parkchester !

You got another thing coming if you think any significant amount of ppl. from Fordham will take your "Bx18" & walk to parkchester from castle hill/e tremont, over taking the Bx22........

I'll put these together...

1. Tell me what neighborhood that is where Bronxdale Avenue is.

2. I actually expect the eastern portion to garner a bunch of ridership, because it provides a more direct connection from Westchester Square to the popular Fordham Plz. area.

3. No one says the routes that are currently there are redundant, which they very well could be.

I also believe that the Bx8 should be split into two routes at Westchester Square as well.

Edited by ThrexxBus

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll put these together...

1. Tell me what neighborhood that is where Bronxdale Avenue is.

2. I actually expect the eastern portion to garner a bunch of ridership, because it provides a more direct connection from Westchester Square to the popular Fordham Plz. area.

3. No one says the routes that are currently there are redundant, which they very well could be.

I also believe that the Bx8 should be split into two routes at Westchester Square as well.

1- Van Nest.

It isn't Parkchester, dude.....

Parkchester is the area south of East Tremont av over there....

2- You're assuming that just because those two areas are popular, that "a bunch of ridership" would result from having a route connect those two areas... That is just bad logic all the way around.... Where is all this demand for travel b/w Westchester Sq. & Fordham for you enough to reach such a conclusion ???

Furthermore, Ever stop to consider WHY Westchester Sq. itself & Fordham itself are as popular as they are....

3- What a weak argument.....

Because those routes go on to serve completely different areas....

Even if they didn't, that doesn't mean you opt to create more redundant routes on top of it....

When you start talking about creating new routes, it's a whole 'nother ballgame.....

• 4 weeks later...

Here are two ideas that may work

Send the Bx1 over to 135th St & St. Nicholas. At the same time, you can reduce service on the Bx33 to 25 minutes all times besides Sunday AM

Weekend Bx5 service extended to Bay Plaza. Some of the Summer weekend service would still go to Orchard Beach.

I haven't posted my ideas on the 5 Borough Bus Proposal Threads in a long time, now is the time to do so. Here are my suggestions on bus improvements in The Bronx:

• Bx1LCL/LTD/Bx2LCL--Implement Sunday Bx1 Limited-Stop Service for an All Day Limited-Stop Service (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-8:00 PM, Saturday 7:00 AM-8:00 PM, and Sunday 8:00 AM-8:00 PM). Extend the Bx2LCL to Riverdale Av/W 231st St along with the Bx1LTD which will be making limited stops between Riverdale Av/W 231st St, and Grand Concourse/E 149th St. Bx1 now runs local during late nights and early morning hours (Monday-Friday 11:00 PM-6:00 AM, Saturday 11:00 PM-7:00 AM, and Sunday 11:00 PM-8:00 AM) with 15-20 min. headways.

• *Bx4LCL/Bx24LTD--Extend the Bx4 service along with the Bx24 to/from Country Club. Replace Bx4A with restructured and extended Bx24 All Day Limited-Stop Service making Limited Stops between Country Club and Westchester Square, then between Parkchester and The Hub, plus local stops between Westchester Square and Parkchester via E Tremont, Castle Hill, and Metropolitan Avs.

• Bx15LCL--Discontinue all service south of E 138th St to/from Manhattan all times except late nights (Monday-Friday 11:00 PM-6:00 AM, Saturday 11:00 PM-7:00 AM, and Sunday 11:00 PM-8:00 AM). See Bx55LTD for more details on this change-up routine.

• *Bx19LCL/Bx49LTD--Split service into 2 different routes, the original BX19LCL, and the newly-implemented All Weekday Only Limited-Stop Service (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-8:00 PM (southbound), 7:00 AM-9:00 PM (northbound), the Bx49LTD. When Limited-Stop Buses are running, local Bx19 buses begins/ends at W 145th St/Malcolm X Blvd-Lenox Av. Bx49 buses will be making limited stops between NY Botanical Garden in The Bronx, and W 145th St/Malcolm X Blvd-Lenox Av, then runs local to/from Riverbank State Park in Harlem, Manhattan.

• Bx26/Bx28LCL/Bx30--Reinstate service along their original pre-June 2010 routing following the Bx23. See Bx28LCL/Bx38LTD for more details on this change-up routine.

• *Bx36LCL/Bx46LTD--Split service into 2 different routes, one service will be the Bx36LCL and the other service will be the new Bx36 Limited-Stop variant, the Bx46LTD. The Bx46LTD will run along with the Bx36LCL All Weekday and Saturday only making all limited stops between W 181st St/Amsterdam Av, Manhattan and White Plains Road/Story Av, Bronx with some local stops made here and in Manhattan.

• *Bx28LCL/Bx38LTD--Restructre Bx28LCL variant (the Bx38) into an All Day Limited-Stop Service (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-8:00 PM, Saturday 7:00 AM-8:00 PM, and Sunday 8:00 AM-8:00 PM), making all limited stops between Co-Op City-Erskine Place Loop and Fordham Center-E 192nd St. Bx28LCL service will now begin/end at Fordham Center-E 192nd St at all times.

• Bx40LCL/Bx42LTD--Bx40 remains as All Time Local, restructure Bx42 into an All Day Limited-Stop Service (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-10:00 PM, Saturday 6:30 AM-9:30 PM, and Sunday 7:00 AM-9:00 PM) along the whole route. Both buses are rerouted along
    Schurz Av in both directions. Bx42LTD buses will follow the Bx40LCL making limited stops bewtween River Park Towers and Schurz Av. Bx42 service along Dewey, Balcom, and Randall Avs discontinued and replaced with exteded Bx31.

• Bx41LCL/LTD--Reinstate full service between Wakefileld-241st St and The Hub-E 149th St at all times. Restructure Weekday Rush Hour Limited-Stop Service into All Weekday Only (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-8:00 PM) making all limited stops along the entire route in both directions. When Limited-Stop Buses are running, Bx41LCL buses will run between
    Willamsbridge-E Gun Hill/White Plains Roads and The Hub-E 149th St. Bx39 buses will continue to serve Wakefield at all times except late nights.

• Bx55LTD--Reinstate Late Evening and All Weekend Limited-Stop Service (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-10:00 PM, Saturday 7:00 AM-10:00 PM, and Sunday 8:00 AM-10:00 PM). This service will soon run between either Fordham Plaza or Williamsbridge-E Gun Hill/White Plains Roads, The Bronx and Manhattanvile, Manhattan all day replacing the Bx15LCL route.

*The service change on each bus line will contain a split of local and limited-stop service similar to most bus lines in Staten Island.

Here are two ideas that may work

Send the Bx1 over to 135th St & St. Nicholas. At the same time, you can reduce service on the Bx33 to 25 minutes all times besides Sunday AM

Weekend Bx5 service extended to Bay Plaza. Some of the Summer weekend service would still go to Orchard Beach.

The Bx1 is long enough. If this were to happen, then it plays an issue with the Bx2, because both share equipment down in Mott Haven. Also don't think it would work to get Artics turning up at 137/Edgecomb. 135th St Between 7th and St. Nich is pretty tight with only 2 lanes open, rest is parking.

What I would do is extend the Bx33 North of 135th to 140th, up 140th to Convert (for via CCNY, or AMS) and down to 135th and end it somewhere on Broadway.

The Bx5, no point. Ridership isn't high enough. Bx5 has a much higher ridership West of White Plains Road. Plus you already got the Bx12, Bx23, Bx29, Q50 for that.

Someone doesn't use buses in the Bronx. (I won't give names) <_<

Yep. Some want to say anything, yet a few people never or don't ride the Bronx routes much........... The Bronx is invisible for a few folks :P, and its where the "hoods" be at, yet every borough has a "hood". The only places you will see some folks here is at Pelham Bay Park and Fordham Plaza. Nothing else. Just like Staten Island is claimed to be "far", which I don't see it way far.

Edited by mark1447

The Bx1 is long enough. If this were to happen, then it plays an issue with the Bx2, because both share equipment down in Mott Haven. Also don't think it would work to get Artics turning up at 137/Edgecomb. 135th St Between 7th and St. Nich is pretty tight with only 2 lanes open, rest is parking.

What I would do is extend the Bx33 North of 135th to 140th, up 140th to Convert (for via CCNY, or AMS) and down to 135th and end it somewhere on Broadway.

The Bx5, no point. Ridership isn't high enough. Bx5 has a much higher ridership West of White Plains Road. Plus you already got the Bx12, Bx23, Bx29, Q50 for that..

I can concede the Bx5 idea because the theory was based on that shoppers would want Bay Plaza over White Plains Road.

As for the Bx1, while the idea of sharing units is good, they can easily move from 138th - 3rd to 135th - St. Nicholas if they need a Bx1 to run as a Bx2 as well in the North Bronx. As for length, all you would be adding is .9 of a mile to a route. But to compromise, what if only half of the runs would go to 135th - St. Nicholas where as the remainder would still go to the current terminal?

I can concede the Bx5 idea because the theory was based on that shoppers would want Bay Plaza over White Plains Road.

As for the Bx1, while the idea of sharing units is good, they can easily move from 138th - 3rd to 135th - St. Nicholas if they need a Bx1 to run as a Bx2 as well in the North Bronx. As for length, all you would be adding is .9 of a mile to a route. But to compromise, what if only half of the runs would go to 135th - St. Nicholas where as the remainder would still go to the current terminal?

For Bx5 riders and Bay Plaza, just add a three legged transfer between the Bx5 and either the Bx29, Bx12, or Bx12 SBS.

For Bx5 riders and Bay Plaza, just add a three legged transfer between the Bx5 and either the Bx29, Bx12, or Bx12 SBS.

Yep, same for the Bx1.

For select Bx1, I still don't know. The demand on 135th Street is called for the Bx33, which in fact ridership isn't high, running from 8 to even 30mins various times. There would need to be demand, which plays as well, and the Bx1, surely isn't demanded there. I also don't think the Bx33 riders would be happy to see an increase in its headway. Right now it sucks.

Now if the Bx33 were nixed, then MAYBE the Bx1 could swing it down there. But even that won't please those going to Port Morris.

Well, now that I have a little bit of free time...

• Bx1LCL/LTD/Bx2LCL--Implement Sunday Bx1 Limited-Stop Service for an All Day Limited-Stop Service (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-8:00 PM, Saturday 7:00 AM-8:00 PM, and Sunday 8:00 AM-8:00 PM). Extend the Bx2LCL to Riverdale Av/W 231st St along with the Bx1LTD which will be making limited stops between Riverdale Av/W 231st St, and Grand Concourse/E 149th St. I don't know... isn't Concourse generally empty during Sundays? The Bx2 shouldn't be extended to Riverdale b/c the Bx1 runs local after Kingsbridge Hts. One bus is enough IMO.

• *Bx4LCL/Bx24LTD--Extend the Bx4 service along with the Bx24 to/from Country Club. Replace Bx4A with restructured and extended Bx24 All Day Limited-Stop Service making Limited Stops between Country Club and Westchester Square, then between Parkchester and The Hub, plus local stops between Westchester Square and Parkchester via E Tremont, Castle Hill, and Metropolitan Avs. Like I said, they will object to frequent bus service. They don't deserve the Bx24 at all because there was this bus called the Bx14 and they made NO effort to prevent the TA from eliminating that route. Plus, if Parkchester wants Pelham Bay, they can transfer to the Bx24 at Westchester Sq.

• Bx15LCL--Discontinue all service south of E 138th St to/from Manhattan all times except late nights (Monday-Friday 11:00 PM-6:00 AM, Saturday 11:00 PM-7:00 AM, and Sunday 11:00 PM-8:00 AM). See Bx55LTD for more details on this change-up routine.
  • Bx55LTD--Reinstate Late Evening and All Weekend Limited-Stop Service (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-10:00 PM, Saturday 7:00 AM-10:00 PM, and Sunday 8:00 AM-10:00 PM). This service will soon run between either Fordham Plaza or Williamsbridge-E Gun Hill/White Plains Roads, The Bronx and Manhattanvile, Manhattan all day replacing the Bx15LCL route. What difference will it make? If the Bx15 is screwed at 125 St, then how will the Bx55 be reliable there? However, I agree with a weekend restoration of the Bx55, but only Saturdays.

• *Bx19LCL/Bx49LTD--Split service into 2 different routes, the original BX19LCL, and the newly-implemented All Weekday Only Limited-Stop Service (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-8:00 PM (southbound), 7:00 AM-9:00 PM (northbound), the Bx49LTD. When Limited-Stop Buses are running, local Bx19 buses begins/ends at W 145th St/Malcolm X Blvd-Lenox Av. Bx49 buses will be making limited stops between NY Botanical Garden in The Bronx, and W 145th St/Malcolm X Blvd-Lenox Av, then runs local to/from Riverbank State Park in Harlem, Manhattan. It's not possible to run LTD service below the White Plains (2)(5) el, much like how the Bx4/4A can't run LTD at Westchester Av.

• Bx26/Bx28LCL/Bx30--Reinstate service along their original pre-June 2010 routing following the Bx23. See Bx28LCL/Bx38LTD for more details on this change-up routine.
  • *Bx28LCL/Bx38LTD--Restructre Bx28LCL variant (the Bx38) into an All Day Limited-Stop Service (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-8:00 PM, Saturday 7:00 AM-8:00 PM, and Sunday 8:00 AM-8:00 PM), making all limited stops between Co-Op City-Erskine Place Loop and Fordham Center-E 192nd St. Bx28LCL service will now begin/end at Fordham Center-E 192nd St at all times. This I agree, but would the Bx28 LTD bypass northern Co-op City or not (I'm a bit iffy about that too)? BTW, the original Bx30 route was restored awhile back.

• *Bx36LCL/Bx46LTD--Split service into 2 different routes, one service will be the Bx36LCL and the other service will be the new Bx36 Limited-Stop variant, the Bx46LTD. The Bx46LTD will run along with the Bx36LCL All Weekday and Saturday only making all limited stops between W 181st St/Amsterdam Av, Manhattan and White Plains Road/Story Av, Bronx with some local stops made here and in Manhattan. I say no. A LTD bus runs like a local bus, and it needs to be axed, like NOW. As a frequent Bx36 rider since 2006, service was more reliable and consistent prior to September 2009.

• Bx40LCL/Bx42LTD--Bx40 remains as All Time Local, restructure Bx42 into an All Day Limited-Stop Service (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-10:00 PM, Saturday 6:30 AM-9:30 PM, and Sunday 7:00 AM-9:00 PM) along the whole route. Both buses are rerouted along
    Schurz Av in both directions. Bx42LTD buses will follow the Bx40LCL making limited stops bewtween River Park Towers and Schurz Av. Bx42 service along Dewey, Balcom, and Randall Avs discontinued and replaced with exteded Bx31. I disagree. The Bx40 runs all times, and it deserves LTD service than the Bx42 since it bypasses the Throgs Neck houses. As the MTA stated at one point, if they couldn't extend the Bx31 to Parkchester via Metropolitan, then the Bx31 extension to Throgs Neck is less likely to happen.

• Bx41LCL/LTD--Reinstate full service between Wakefileld-241st St and The Hub-E 149th St at all times. Restructure Weekday Rush Hour Limited-Stop Service into All Weekday Only (Monday-Friday 6:00 AM-8:00 PM) making all limited stops along the entire route in both directions. When Limited-Stop Buses are running, Bx41LCL buses will run between
    Willamsbridge-E Gun Hill/White Plains Roads and The Hub-E 149th St. Bx39 buses will continue to serve Wakefield at all times except late nights. Too bad the TA couldn't think of this ... midday LTD service isn't needed since buses are sometimes empty.

Replies in red.

Like I said, they will object to frequent bus service. They don't deserve the Bx24 at all because there was this bus called the Bx14 and they made NO effort to prevent the TA from eliminating that route. Plus, if Parkchester wants Pelham Bay, they can transfer to the Bx24 at Westchester Sq.

I'd just like to point out that they did, in fact try to save the Bx14. There were a couple of articles mentioning it (You'll have to take my word for it because I don't feel like looking it up).

I don't see what's in Parkchester that they really need to access (I heard there was a Macy's there or something), but if they really want it, the MTA should do it in a way that doesn't use up additional resources. They should just have the Bx24 running every hour between Parkchester & Country Club. That way, you just need one bus to run the route, and you're done.

Yep. Some want to say anything, yet a few people never or don't ride the Bronx routes much........... The Bronx is invisible for a few folks :P, and its where the "hoods" be at, yet every borough has a "hood". The only places you will see some folks here is at Pelham Bay Park and Fordham Plaza. Nothing else. Just like Staten Island is claimed to be "far", which I don't see it way far.

Someone doesn't use buses in the Bronx. (I won't give names) <_<

Yeah well I don't travel to the Bronx. I stay in Riverdale and travel from Riverdale to the city and back so it's either the Riverdale express buses (BxM1, BxM2 or BxM18) or MetroNorth for me. Even if I went to visit say my ex co-worker there in the Bronx where he lives at in Morris Park I would simply take the express bus from Riverdale, go to the city and then transfer to the BxM10 in the city to get to the Bronx. Either that or I would take one of the car services in Riverdale over to Morris Park. There's a very nice car service "Kingsdale" that serves us here and they use only Lincoln's.

I'd just like to point out that they did, in fact try to save the Bx14. There were a couple of articles mentioning it (You'll have to take my word for it because I don't feel like looking it up).

I don't see what's in Parkchester that they really need to access (I heard there was a Macy's there or something), but if they really want it, the MTA should do it in a way that doesn't use up additional resources. They should just have the Bx24 running every hour between Parkchester & Country Club. That way, you just need one bus to run the route, and you're done.

Let's face it... Parkchester & Country Club are two different worlds. The only thing that they share is that they're in the Bronx. That's like folks from Riverdale, NY, going to Kingsbridge or University Heights in the Bronx. Not happening.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Let's face it... Parkchester & Country Club are two different worlds. The only thing that they share is that they're in the Bronx. That's like folks from Riverdale, NY, going to Kingsbridge or University Heights in the Bronx. Not happening.

If they're not traveling to Parkchester, then why were residents in the neighborhood specifically asking for it to go into Parkchester, then? First they said they wanted service to Westchester Square, and then once they got that, they said they wanted service to Parkchester. I thought "What's in Parkchester that they need to access", and somebody else mentioned that there was a mall or something.

Here's where I asked that: http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34104-bx24-to-westchester-square-and-bx5-to-bruckner-blvd-starting-april-8/?do=findComment&comment=520615

If they're not traveling to Parkchester, then why were residents in the neighborhood specifically asking for it to go into Parkchester, then? First they said they wanted service to Westchester Square, and then once they got that, they said they wanted service to Parkchester. I thought "What's in Parkchester that they need to access", and somebody else mentioned that there was a mall or something.

Here's where I asked that: http://www.nyctransi...-8/#entry520615

Beats me but quite frankly I would not want a local bus coming to Country Club from an area like Parkchester. I mean here in Riverdale, it's bad enough we got the Bx10 from Norwood in the Bronx coming up to Riverdale, NY... <_< I would prefer to have the Bx10s all go to 231st in the Bronx and back to Riverdale, NY.

And here's a few more reasons why they want service to Parkchester:

http://www.nyctransi..._60#entry467217

Very funny... I remember talking with my realtor about places to shop in Riverdale and I was asking him about organic supermarkets in Riverdale and he said well you can go down to Kingsbridge (I suppose on the local bus <_<) and shop there and I was shocked that he thought I would want to shop down there along that dump of a strip when I can be in the city via the express bus and shop at Whole Foods, so I just told him yeah, I'll just go to Whole Foods <_<. These folks in Country Club have serious issues. And here I am sticking up for them in previous threads... <_<

Beats me but quite frankly I would not want a local bus coming to Country Club from an area like Parkchester. I mean here in Riverdale, it's bad enough we got the Bx10 from Norwood in the Bronx coming up to Riverdale, NY... <_< I would prefer to have the Bx10s all go to 231st in the Bronx and back to Riverdale, NY.

lol ... Parkchester isn't that bad. It's one of the safer parts of the Bronx, hence why Macy's is there. And there are Riverdale riders who get the Bx9 from West Farms... are they complaining?

lol ... Parkchester isn't that bad. It's one of the safer parts of the Bronx, hence why Macy's is there. And there are Riverdale riders who get the Bx9 from West Farms... are they complaining?

Well that's downstairs Riverdale which isn't nearly as nice or affluent as upstairs Riverdale. When I refer to Riverdale as nice, I am always referring to "upstairs Riverdale", which is no where near the (1) train. Anyone who lives in Riverdale knows this and that's why I didn't mention the BxM3 or Bx9, which is no where near me. Anytime anyone says that they live in Riverdale, I immediately ask where or if they live upstairs (as in the hills) or downstairs (as in along Broadway). There is nothing desirable about that part of "Riverdale". It just looks like an extension of Kingsbridge with Van Cortlandt Park across the street.

Too many "scary" Black people in those areas for you, huh? You even said yourself you had a friend who lived there and took the BxM6. It can't be too bad if there are "affluent" people living there, right?

As for the Bx10, the last I checked, 231st Street was still in Kingsbridge, so those "scary" people from The Bronx could still come up and terrorize your neighborhood.

Very funny... I remember talking with my realtor about places to shop in Riverdale and I was asking him about organic supermarkets in Riverdale and he said well you can go down to Kingsbridge (I suppose on the local bus <_<) and shop there and I was shocked that he thought I would want to shop down there along that dump of a strip when I can be in the city via the express bus and shop at Whole Foods, so I just told him yeah, I'll just go to Whole Foods <_<. These folks in Country Club have serious issues. And here I am sticking up for them in previous threads... <_<

Oh Lord, they have serious issues because they aren't spending all of their time worrying about how poor the people in those other neighborhoods are or what their skin color is. :rolleyes: I think somebody's got it the wrong way around.

Too many "scary" Black people in those areas for you, huh? You even said yourself you had a friend who lived there and took the BxM6. It can't be too bad if there are "affluent" people living there, right?

As for the Bx10, the last I checked, 231st Street was still in Kingsbridge, so those "scary" people from The Bronx could still come up and terrorize your neighborhood.

Uh, she was a colleague and believe you me the horror stories she used to tell me about Parkchester... If I lived in Country Club I would not want a local bus running to Parkchester. She was stuck there because she couldn't afford anything else and pretty much considered it a dump. This is an middle aged Italian lady that used to live on the Upper East Side and then lost her job when the towers went down, so imagine the culture shock she must've felt. As for "scary people", that's why we have the cops patrolling here in upstairs Riverdale, because we have the thugs that come up to the hills from Kingsbridge stealing and such. In fact just a few months ago we had some break-ins up in Fieldston and the guys from Kingsbridge. Luckily the cops caught them and noted that Riverdale is still very safe and they intended to step up patrols to ensure that the neighborhood remained safe and quiet.

I will admit that it does suck to share a bus stop with the BxM6. I try to get BxM18s that aren't scheduled near the BxM6. Those folks seem rather rowdy to say the least. Usually us BxM18 folks make our own line separate and away from theirs.

As for the Bx10, the only reason it would run to the (1) train is for folks in Riverdale who need the (1) train, but quite frankly if I had my way it would just serve Riverdale only as a shuttle bus, terminating at the bottom of the hill there at Riverdale Av and 231st street and not making the trip to serve the (1) train.

Oh Lord, they have serious issues because they aren't spending all of their time worrying about how poor the people in those other neighborhoods are or what their skin color is. :rolleyes: I think somebody's got it the wrong way around.

Oh please... It isn't about skin color. It's about class. An affluent area like Country Club doesn't need bus service to a run down place like Parkchester. Hell just get in the car and drive to Westchester for Christ's Sake or drive over to the BxM8 and head to the city.

1) I will admit that it does suck to share a bus stop with the BxM6. I try to get BxM18s that aren't scheduled near the BxM6. Those folks seem rather rowdy to say the least. Usually us BxM18 folks make our own line separate and away from theirs.

As for the Bx10, the only reason it would run to the (1) train is for folks in Riverdale who need the (1) train, but quite frankly if I had my way it would just serve Riverdale only as a shuttle bus, terminating at the bottom of the hill there at Riverdale Av and 231st street and not making the trip to serve the (1) train.

2) Oh please... It isn't about skin color. It's about class. An affluent area like Country Club doesn't need bus service to a run down place like Parkchester. Hell just get in the car and drive to Westchester for Christ's Sake or drive over to the BxM8 and head to the city.

1) Yeah, OK. :rolleyes: I've seen the line for the BxM6 and those people don't look rowdy (And I know they were waiting for the BxM6 because it was before the BxM18 starts running)

As for the Bx10 comment, all I have to say is SMH. <_<

2) So if they all have cars, why do they need bus service at all? If some of them happen to conduct their business in Parkchester, so be it.

1) Yeah, OK. :rolleyes: I've seen the line for the BxM6 and those people don't look rowdy (And I know they were waiting for the BxM6 because it was before the BxM18 starts running)

Hmm... So you think... <_<

As for the Bx10 comment, all I have to say is SMH. <_<

I mean really, I find it stupid to move to an area like Riverdale when folks move here up in the hills to escape the noise and riff raff and such that is down by the (1) train, so why would they take the local bus to the subway?? I mean I moved here specifically because there was no subway... Just MetroNorth and the express bus, both of which are upscale.

2) So if they all have cars, why do they need bus service at all? If some of them happen to conduct their business in Parkchester, so be it.

Simple... All neighborhoods should have their bus service and such even if they serve as loops or shuttles for the neighborhood. That's why I was so vocal about the Bx34 serving Woodlawn.