Bronx Division Bus Proposals/Ideas

cotb16

1) Hmm... So you think... <_<

2)I mean really, I find it stupid to move to an area like Riverdale when folks move here up in the hills to escape the noise and riff raff and such that is down by the (1) train, so why would they take the local bus to the subway?? I mean I moved here specifically because there was no subway... Just MetroNorth and the express bus, both of which are upscale.

3) Simple... All neighborhoods should have their bus service and such even if they serve as loops or shuttles for the neighborhood. That's why I was so vocal about the Bx34 serving Woodlawn.

1) Yeah, the same way that stop at Richmond Avenue & Monsey Place is "so ghetto". <_<

2) Well, apparently the few thousand people who use the Bx7, Bx10, and Bx20 would beg to differ.

3) Yeah, and they want service to Parkchester. You want to deny it to them solely on the basis that Parkchester isn't as "affluent" as their neighborhood, and apparently those people could care less about that.

And aside from that, if there wasn't the Bx14, there would still be the Bx5.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah well I don't travel to the Bronx. I stay in Riverdale and travel from Riverdale to the city and back so it's either the Riverdale express buses (BxM1, BxM2 or BxM18) or MetroNorth for me. Even if I went to visit say my ex co-worker there in the Bronx where he lives at in Morris Park I would simply take the express bus from Riverdale, go to the city and then transfer to the BxM10 in the city to get to the Bronx. Either that or I would take one of the car services in Riverdale over to Morris Park. There's a very nice car service "Kingsdale" that serves us here and they use only Lincoln's.

Awwwwwww thats sad..... because I've been all over the Bronx, even de h00dzzzzz and I can say this, there ARE safe areas, besides the Same old Riverdale, Throgs Neck and Morris Park. If you don't explore, and just listen what other folks say (or think based on what you see), then your missing it.

Parkchester, Co-op City, Pelham Bay, West Farms, Tremont, Fordham, etc are safe. Yes there are downside AT TIMES in different parts, but the Day is clearly safe.

Edit: To the part you said you take an Express Bus to Manhattan and Back to The Bronx, I LOL'ed! Wow man, seriously? Then why move to the Bronx if you can't make a stop or even pass on the Bus to get to Morris Park or another area....

Bx7 to 207 for the SBS12 takes ya there.... oops sorry, you use the Express. -__-.........

Edited by mark1447

Well that's downstairs Riverdale which isn't nearly as nice or affluent as upstairs Riverdale. When I refer to Riverdale as nice, I am always referring to "upstairs Riverdale", which is no where near the (1) train. Anyone who lives in Riverdale knows this and that's why I didn't mention the BxM3 or Bx9, which is no where near me. Anytime anyone says that they live in Riverdale, I immediately ask where or if they live upstairs (as in the hills) or downstairs (as in along Broadway). There is nothing desirable about that part of "Riverdale". It just looks like an extension of Kingsbridge with Van Cortlandt Park across the street.

You still have the Bx7 coming from Washington Heights, unless you want to cut that back to 231 St as well? Even the Bx20 comes from Inwood.

Edited by GreatOne2k

Beats me but quite frankly I would not want a local bus coming to Country Club from an area like Parkchester. I mean here in Riverdale, it's bad enough we got the Bx10 from Norwood in the Bronx coming up to Riverdale, NY... <_< I would prefer to have the Bx10s all go to 231st in the Bronx and back to Riverdale, NY.

Oh shut your stuck-up trap already, Riverdale is IN THE DAMN BRONX... BRONX, NEW YORK. What goes there? BRONX BUSES. Bx1. Bx7. Bx9. Bx10. BxM routes... What does these buses have in common? They all go to Riverdale, AND they are all BRONX routes... What does that tell you? You're in the boogie down with your pretentious a$$.

Awwwwwww thats sad..... because I've been all over the Bronx, even de h00dzzzzz and I can say this, there ARE safe areas, besides the Same old Riverdale, Throgs Neck and Morris Park. If you don't explore, and just listen what other folks say (or think based on what you see), then your missing it.

Parkchester, Co-op City, Pelham Bay, West Farms, Tremont, Fordham, etc are safe. Yes there are downside AT TIMES in different parts, but the Day is clearly safe.

Edit: To the part you said you take an Express Bus to Manhattan and Back to The Bronx, I LOL'ed! Wow man, seriously? Then why move to the Bronx if you can't make a stop or even pass on the Bus to get to Morris Park or another area....

Bx7 to 207 for the SBS12 takes ya there.... oops sorry, you use the Express. -__-.........

lol... You and I know that folks don't go "exploring" in the Bronx. Now tourists do come to Riverdale via the express bus or subway to the local bus to explore and walk around (upstairs Riverdale that is), but I don't see tourists going, oh let's go explore the Bronx! Not happening. LOL They say we're going to "Riverdale" not we're going to the Bronx. Now let me be clear in saying that I support the local businesses here in Riverdale, because we have a nice community here, but quite frankly I want nothing to do with the Bronx. Believe me when I say it there are plenty of people that live in Riverdale that would not step foot in a neighborhood of the Bronx.

Oh shut your stuck-up trap already, Riverdale is IN THE DAMN BRONX... BRONX, NEW YORK. What goes there? BRONX BUSES. Bx1. Bx7. Bx9. Bx10. BxM routes... What does these buses have in common? They all go to Riverdale, AND they are all BRONX routes... What does that tell you? You're in the boogie down with your pretentious a$$.

lol... So what... You have Westchester buses that come into the Bronx... Doesn't mean anything. The fact remains that Riverdale is nothing like the Bronx. i would never live in the Bronx, even the good parts because they are generally surrounded by bad pockets. Where I live it feels nor looks nothing like the Bronx and you can't say otherwise either because you know it's true. Honestly the first time I came to Riverdale on the BxM2, I said to myself, this is NOTHING like the Bronx!! Was truly beautiful... This was after the entire trip of passing through the depressing areas of the Bronx on the express bus with abandoned buildings and such and wondering how folks live in such poverty and squalor. I had a similar reaction on the BxM10 with Morris Park, but even more so with Riverdale. Now the part along Broadway does look like the Bronx architecturally, but upstairs Riverdale... Nothing like the Bronx. Sorry, but it's the truth. Riverdale is its own little town, hence Riverdale, NY, and it has always set itself aside that way. Typing this right now, I'm sitting here with my balcony door open and it is so quiet with a nice breeze coming in... Don't even need an AC... Can't imagine doing that in most areas of the Bronx. :ph34r:

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

lol... You and I know that folks don't go "exploring" in the Bronx. Now tourists do come to Riverdale via the express bus or subway to the local bus to explore and walk around (upstairs Riverdale that is), but I don't see tourists going, oh let's go explore the Bronx! Not happening. LOL They say we're going to "Riverdale" not the Bronx. Now let me be clear in saying that I support the local businesses here in Riverdale, because we have a nice community here, but quite frankly I want nothing to do with the Bronx. Believe me when I say it there are plenty of people that live in Riverdale that would not step foot in a neighborhood of the Bronx.

lol... So what... You have Westchester buses that come into the Bronx... Doesn't mean anything. The fact remains that Riverdale is nothing like the Bronx. i would never live in the Bronx, even the good parts. Where I live it feels nor looks nothing like the Bronx and you can't say otherwise either because you know it's true. Honestly the first time I came to Riverdale on the BxM2, I said to myself, this is NOTHING like the Bronx!! Was truly beautiful... This was after the entire trip of passing through the depressing areas of the Bronx on the express bus with abandoned buildings and such and wondering how folks live in such poverty and squalor. I had a similar reaction with Morris Park but even more so with Riverdale. Now the part along Broadway does look like the Bronx architecturally, but upstairs Riverdale... Nothing like the Bronx. Sorry, but it's the truth. Riverdale is it's own little town, hence Riverdale, NY, and it has always set itself aside that way. Typing this right now, I'm sitting here with my balcony door open and it is so quiet with a nice breeze coming in... Don't even need an AC... Can't imagine doing that in most areas of the Bronx. :ph34r:

Even if you don't feel apart of the Bronx, you are still surrounded by the hoods. Yonkers (which yes has em), Washington Heights, and Kingsbridge. While Riverdale MAY look like its somewhat like Westchester (maybe Ossining or Tarrytown?!), but surely your still in the Bronx. You are connected to other neighborhoods no matter how it is. Same for Throgs Neck rez who feel they are no where near the rest of us, they are surely connected. City Island maybe its own Island (of course an Island of the Bronx), but surely the only way to get out of the island is thru the Bridge, and you are ether leaving thru the rest of the Bronx or thru Pelham Bay Park to the Pelhams, even tho you are still in the Bronx. There is no way in hell you would be avoiding the hoods. For that your gonna have a nice long commute going to the Tappen Zee and going down Interstate 287 to the 95 to the 495 to get to the city, but surely thats one crazy decision.

Even if you don't feel apart of the Bronx, you are still surrounded by the hoods. Yonkers (which yes has em), Washington Heights, and Kingsbridge. While Riverdale MAY look like its somewhat like Westchester (maybe Ossining or Tarrytown?!), but surely your still in the Bronx. You are connected to other neighborhoods no matter how it is. Same for Throgs Neck rez who feel they are no where near the rest of us, they are surely connected. City Island maybe its own Island (of course an Island of the Bronx), but surely the only way to get out of the island is thru the Bridge, and you are ether leaving thru the rest of the Bronx or thru Pelham Bay Park to the Pelhams, even tho you are still in the Bronx. There is no way in hell you would be avoiding the hoods. For that your gonna have a nice long commute going to the Tappen Zee and going down Interstate 287 to the 95 to the 495 to get to the city, but surely thats one crazy decision.

more like DUMBASS decision tappan zee parking lot to worlds longest parking lot only a fool would entertain the idea

lol... Well most parts of NYC are like that. You usually have to pass through some run down area or areas, but the key word is passing through, so long as you don't have to stop there it doesn't really matter. I mean I just take a nap on the express bus once we leave Riverdale and I see who gets on in Kingsbridge (usually older whites) and then I take a nap and wake up in Manhattan. Same thing going to Riverdale. It took a while to get used to but I'm fine with it now. I mean yeah maybe Riverdale is supposedly in the Bronx geographically, but I have no idea what the average person in the Bronx lives like. Anywho, getting back to Bronx proposals, I would also eliminate that Kingsbridge stop for the Riverdale express buses. They've got MetroNorth right there (Marble Hill stop) if they need quick service and the subway to boot. The change wouldn't have much of an impact on ridership either since most folks using it are from Spuyten Duyvil/Riverdale.

It seems like every thread VG8 posts in turns this way... with him subvertly bashing the Bronx by implicating an affluent area like Riverdale has nothing to do with the Bronx. It just looks more and more stupid each time. I could only wonder what he thinks of Brooklyn.

I'm from Brooklyn (Sheepshead Bay) so why would I have a problem with it? Brooklyn Heights, Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, Gerritsen Beach, Mill Basin, Bergen Beach, Marine Park, Sheepshead Bay, Manhattan Beach, etc.... All lovely neighborhoods.

I'm not bashing the Bronx at all. Just stating the simple truth.

Yeah, anyway... This route is needed because why? <_< At least I give reasons for my proposals like the one above that would eliminate the Kingsbridge stop for Riverdale express buses.

It supplements the Bx22 in Castle Hill as another route to take you to a busy area.

It supplements the Bx8 & Bx31 as north-south routes in Woodlawn, Eastchester, etc.

It gives the highly residential street of Laconia Avenue direct access to other services.

It supplements the Bx22 in Castle Hill as another route to take you to a busy area.

It supplements the Bx8 & Bx31 as north-south routes in Woodlawn, Eastchester, etc.

It gives the highly residential street of Laconia Avenue direct access to other services.

Yeah but Woodlawn already has enough local bus service as it is... I'd be interested in hearing your proposals for local bus service for neck of the woods (Spuyten Duyvil/Riverdale)...

Yeah but Woodlawn already has enough local bus service as it is... I'd be interested in hearing your proposals for local bus service for my neck of the woods (Spuyten Duyvil/Riverdale)...

Well, the only one I have is a cost cutting measure to combine the Bx20 with the M100 at rush hours, so a few M100 trips would go to the Bronx.

Well, the only one I have is a cost cutting measure to combine the Bx20 with the M100 at rush hours, so a few M100 trips would go to the Bronx.

Now that's a bad idea... The Bx7 and Bx10 suffer from bunching and such because of traffic as it is. The same would happen with the M100 coming from Washington Heights.

1) lol... You and I know that folks don't go "exploring" in the Bronx. Now tourists do come to Riverdale via the express bus or subway to the local bus to explore and walk around (upstairs Riverdale that is), but I don't see tourists going, oh let's go explore the Bronx! Not happening. LOL They say we're going to "Riverdale" not we're going to the Bronx. Now let me be clear in saying that I support the local businesses here in Riverdale, because we have a nice community here, but quite frankly I want nothing to do with the Bronx. Believe me when I say it there are plenty of people that live in Riverdale that would not step foot in a neighborhood of the Bronx.

2) lol... So what... You have Westchester buses that come into the Bronx... Doesn't mean anything. The fact remains that Riverdale is nothing like the Bronx. i would never live in the Bronx, even the good parts because they are generally surrounded by bad pockets. Where I live it feels nor looks nothing like the Bronx and you can't say otherwise either because you know it's true. Honestly the first time I came to Riverdale on the BxM2, I said to myself, this is NOTHING like the Bronx!! Was truly beautiful... This was after the entire trip of passing through the depressing areas of the Bronx on the express bus with abandoned buildings and such and wondering how folks live in such poverty and squalor. I had a similar reaction on the BxM10 with Morris Park, but even more so with Riverdale. Now the part along Broadway does look like the Bronx architecturally, but upstairs Riverdale... Nothing like the Bronx. Sorry, but it's the truth. Riverdale is its own little town, hence Riverdale, NY, and it has always set itself aside that way. Typing this right now, I'm sitting here with my balcony door open and it is so quiet with a nice breeze coming in... Don't even need an AC... Can't imagine doing that in most areas of the Bronx. :ph34r:

1) Sure they do. There's Little Italy, the Botanical Gardens and the Bronx Zoo just to name a few.

2) Nassau buses come into Queens. Does that make Springfield Gardens a part of Nassau? Aside from that, it's only 3 routes that come down into Riverdale and they're drop-off-only, which means that their primary purpose is to serve Westchester residents.

1) I mean yeah maybe Riverdale is supposedly in the Bronx geographically, but I have no idea what the average person in the Bronx lives like.

2) Anywho, getting back to Bronx proposals, I would also eliminate that Kingsbridge stop for the Riverdale express buses. They've got MetroNorth right there (Marble Hill stop) if they need quick service and the subway to boot. The change wouldn't have much of an impact on ridership either since most folks using it are from Spuyten Duyvil/Riverdale.

1) I thought you said you knew they lived in "poverty and squalor". Now suddenly you don't know about that.

2) What would be the point in just driving by that stop and not stopping? Aside from that, you said it's "older White folks" who get on, and now you want to deprive those "affluent people" of service?

And aside from that, does either Metro-North or the subway bring you straight to the Upper East Side from there? How about Lower Manhattan if you don't want to deal with the (1) all the way there.

Yeah, anyway... This route is needed because why? <_< At least I give reasons for my proposals like the one above that would eliminate the Kingsbridge stop for Riverdale express buses.

Yeah, crappy reasons. I guess we should eliminate the BxM11 because the (2) is right there, right? Even though it gets good ridership.

And you're giving him that <_< crap before you even give him a chance to explain himself. SMH.

Yeah but Woodlawn already has enough local bus service as it is... I'd be interested in hearing your proposals for local bus service for neck of the woods (Spuyten Duyvil/Riverdale)...

Oh, I thought they were in dire need of the Bx34. Now there's enough local service as is?

In any case, that doesn't even go into Woodlawn. That ends at White Plains Road.

At one time, they were one route. Then they split it because of traffic congestion. You wouldn't realistically save much money anyway.

As far as your Laconia Avenue route, I think it's too close to the Bx8. You may be better off just shifting the Bx8 along that path (It is kind of close to White Plains Road, and then you have a fairly large gap before you hit Eastchester Road, so shifting it to Laconia Avenue would put it more in the center of that gap).

I think Zerega Avenue is pretty industrial, so there's no real need for bus service.

And the map is screwed up. Would it make the same loop as the Bx31 or go straight down Laconia towards the northern end of the route?

1) Sure they do. There's Little Italy, the Botanical Gardens and the Bronx Zoo just to name a few.

lol... A few is right.... :lol:

2) Nassau buses come into Queens. Does that make Springfield Gardens a part of Nassau? Aside from that, it's only 3 routes that come down into Riverdale and they're drop-off-only, which means that their primary purpose is to serve Westchester residents.

Reading is fundamental. What I said was that some buses come into the Bronx from Westchester and that it didn't matter, so you're just repeating what I said. <_<

1) I thought you said you knew they lived in "poverty and squalor". Now suddenly you don't know about that.

Oh I know they do, I just don't know what it's like to live in those conditions.

2) What would be the point in just driving by that stop and not stopping? Aside from that, you said it's "older White folks" who get on, and now you want to deprive those "affluent people" of service?

It's usually older white folks but they wouldn't mind walking over to the next stop since they're in shape, not to mention that it would be safer for them anyway rather than standing in front of the projects. Sometimes we get these heavy set black women that get off there and they take FOREVER to get on and off. Let them take MetroNorth or something.

And aside from that, does either Metro-North or the subway bring you straight to the Upper East Side from there? How about Lower Manhattan if you don't want to deal with the (1) all the way there.

Yeah, well they live right by the subway, so it is far more convenient for them than us in Riverdale.

Yeah, crappy reasons. I guess we should eliminate the BxM11 because the (2) is right there, right? Even though it gets good ridership.

And you're giving him that <_< crap before you even give him a chance to explain himself. SMH.

I just asked him for an explanation... <_< As for the BxM11, I have no idea why you're bringing it up? An elimination of a stop is not the same as an elimination of a bus line.

Oh, I thought they were in dire need of the Bx34. Now there's enough local service as is?

In any case, that doesn't even go into Woodlawn. That ends at White Plains Road.

They would have enough service if they had their Bx34 seven days a week. <_<

1) Reading is fundamental. What I said was that some buses come into the Bronx from Westchester and that it didn't matter, so you're just repeating what I said. <_<

2) It's usually older white folks but they wouldn't mind walking over to the next stop since they're in shape, not to mention that it would be safer for them anyway rather than standing in front of the projects. Sometimes we get these heavy set black women that get off there and they take FOREVER to get on and off. Let them take MetroNorth or something.

3) Yeah, well they live right by the subway, so it is far more convenient for them than us in Riverdale.

4) I just asked him for an explanation... <_< As for the BxM11, I have no idea why you're bringing it up? An elimination of a stop is not the same as an elimination of a bus line.

1) My point is that those areas are primarily served by Queens buses the same way your neighborhood is primarily served by Bronx buses.

2) You're the first person to talk about convenience and yet you want to eliminate a stop because it happens to be near the subway? Who cares if they're waiting near the projects? If they were so worried, they wouldn't be waiting there anyway.

3) So what? If you want to get to the Upper East Side, having the subway doesn't do you much good anyway. Yeah, I wouldn't go making a whole new route just for that one stop, but if the express buses are passing by anyway, what do you lose by having them stop there? A minute? Maybe two minutes if the bus has to sit at an extra traffic light. It's not like the bus has to make a whole detour just to serve that area.

4) Yeah, and you didn't even wait for him to give the explanation before you started giving him attitude. <_< yourself.

1) My point is that those areas are primarily served by Queens buses the same way your neighborhood is primarily served by Bronx buses.

Oh now that's your point? That wasn't your original point and you know it so just stop already. In any event it is still a moot point.

2) You're the first person to talk about convenience and yet you want to eliminate a stop because it happens to be near the subway? Who cares if they're waiting near the projects? If they were so worried, they wouldn't be waiting there anyway.

3) So what? If you want to get to the Upper East Side, having the subway doesn't do you much good anyway. Yeah, I wouldn't go making a whole new route just for that one stop, but if the express buses are passing by anyway, what do you lose by having them stop there? A minute? Maybe two minutes if the bus has to sit at an extra traffic light. It's not like the bus has to make a whole detour just to serve that area.

The point is that stop isn't needed and gets a few riders anyway that take forever to board, so folks in Riverdale would benefit from quicker rides and the folks that really need it can simply walk to the next stop.

4) Yeah, and you didn't even wait for him to give the explanation before you started giving him attitude. <_< yourself.

That wasn't the reason I gave him attitude. I gave him attitude because he gave me attitude. That "ANYWAY" comment was directed at me... I know you don't catch on well so I thought I would spell it out for you yet again as always... <_<

Your gonna need to give me more reasons for having this. I see the current routing ok. This looks a bit more duplicating the Bx8, compared to the Bx22.

lol... Well most parts of NYC are like that. You usually have to pass through some run down area or areas, but the key word is passing through, so long as you don't have to stop there it doesn't really matter. I mean I just take a nap on the express bus once we leave Riverdale and I see who gets on in Kingsbridge (usually older whites) and then I take a nap and wake up in Manhattan. Same thing going to Riverdale. It took a while to get used to but I'm fine with it now. I mean yeah maybe Riverdale is supposedly in the Bronx geographically, but I have no idea what the average person in the Bronx lives like. Anywho, getting back to Bronx proposals, I would also eliminate that Kingsbridge stop for the Riverdale express buses. They've got MetroNorth right there (Marble Hill stop) if they need quick service and the subway to boot. The change wouldn't have much of an impact on ridership either since most folks using it are from Spuyten Duyvil/Riverdale.

I'm from Brooklyn (Sheepshead Bay) so why would I have a problem with it? Brooklyn Heights, Bay Ridge, Dyker Heights, Gerritsen Beach, Mill Basin, Bergen Beach, Marine Park, Sheepshead Bay, Manhattan Beach, etc.... All lovely neighborhoods.

I'm not bashing the Bronx at all. Just stating the simple truth.

Then why move to the Bronx if all your going to do is stay put in Riverdale and ONLY go to Morris Park to see your "Co-Worker" but via Manhattan? The hoods is all it is. The Bronx isn't all hoody if you didn't know... I think your better off then moving it up to Westchester County, where you can ride Metro-North all day, or use the BxM4C for that.....

At one time, they were one route. Then they split it because of traffic congestion. You wouldn't realistically save much money anyway.

As far as your Laconia Avenue route, I think it's too close to the Bx8. You may be better off just shifting the Bx8 along that path (It is kind of close to White Plains Road, and then you have a fairly large gap before you hit Eastchester Road, so shifting it to Laconia Avenue would put it more in the center of that gap).

I think Zerega Avenue is pretty industrial, so there's no real need for bus service.

And the map is screwed up. Would it make the same loop as the Bx31 or go straight down Laconia towards the northern end of the route?

He's just being himself...

As for the route, the Bx8 isn't frequent enough to accomplish what I want. The Bx37 does, both, the Bx31 loop is part time.

1) Oh now that's your point? That wasn't your original point and you know it so just stop already. In any event it is still a moot point.

2) The point is that stop isn't needed and gets a few riders anyway that take forever to board, so folks in Riverdale would benefit from quicker rides and the folks that really need it can simply walk to the next stop.

3) That wasn't the reason I gave him attitude. I gave him attitude because he gave me attitude. That "ANYWAY" comment was directed at me... I know you don't catch on well so I thought I would spell it out for you yet again as always... <_<

1) Uh, yes it was my original point. Where is your primary transit coming from? Da big, bad Bronx, that's where.

2) Yeah, and what about the ones who don't take forever to board? Why should they be forced to walk the extra distance to catch the bus? And for all you know, they have a medical condition that makes them get on and off slowly. I guess we should bypass all the stops that are used by seniors, since they take forever to board too, right? And you're not going to sit there and tell me that Riverdale riders are Speedy Gonzales when it comes to boarding the bus.

3) Look who's talking about needing stuff spelled out for him. <_< I spell sh*t out for you all the time, and you still don't get it. Like that time I spelled out the exact routing of the S93 proposal and you're like "Oh, where does it go? Oh, you're not clear. Does it serve South Avenue or Goethals Road North?" after I specifically gave you the routing and what it was supposed to accomplish.

And please don't start harping on it, considering this is a Bronx thread. I was just using it as an example.

He's just being himself...

As for the route, the Bx8 isn't frequent enough to accomplish what I want. The Bx37 does, both, the Bx31 loop is part time.

If the issue is frequency, can't you just make the Bx8 a little more frequent and be done with it?

1) Uh, yes it was my original point. Where is your primary transit coming from? Da big, bad Bronx, that's where.

Last I checked MetroNorth doesn't come from "da Big Bad Bronx", and neither do the express buses that serve Riverdale. The depot is in Yonkers, located in Westchester.

2) Yeah, and what about the ones who don't take forever to board? Why should they be forced to walk the extra distance to catch the bus? And for all you know, they have a medical condition that makes them get on and off slowly. I guess we should bypass all the stops that are used by seniors, since they take forever to board too, right? And you're not going to sit there and tell me that Riverdale riders are Speedy Gonzales when it comes to boarding the bus.

Oh boy... Let me spell it out... The bus is for us in Riverdale... They've got options in Kingsbridge... Jesus Christ. (1) train, MetroNorth... That's good enough.

Then why move to the Bronx if all your going to do is stay put in Riverdale and ONLY go to Morris Park to see your "Co-Worker" but via Manhattan? The hoods is all it is. The Bronx isn't all hoody if you didn't know... I think your better off then moving it up to Westchester County, where you can ride Metro-North all day, or use the BxM4C for that.....

lol... I'm not the only one who lives in Riverdale and stays here and goes to Manhattan. There are plenty of folks who live in Riverdale and do not frequent the Bronx or do not want to be associated with it. There is nothing strange about it either. Riverdale is nothing like the Bronx whether you want to accept it or not and that's why folks like myself are willing to move here. It has a suburban feel with just a touch of urbanness because for me I can pretty much walk anywhere I need to go here in Riverdale, which is what I like and despite having to touch of urbanness it isn't ghetto. That's why I left Staten Island because it was suburban which I like, but not necessarily walkable. Riverdale offers the best of both worlds and is quite unique in that regard. In addition to that, the transportation here is fantastic and I can't think of any neighborhood in the Bronx that has better transportation for commuting purposes (and I'm excluding the local buses since I don't use those). Riverdale is the perfect place for someone who likes a quite commute to Manhattan, has a decent deal of disposable income and likes coming home to a suburban environment. In sum how many neighborhoods in the Bronx are true affluent "bedroom communities" like Riverdale is and offer that mix of urbanness with suburbanness?