'Rants' on Coca Cola Commerical

peacemak3r

Speak English!: Racist Revolt As Coca-Cola Airs Multilingual ‘America the Beautiful’ SuperBowl Ad

During the SuperBowl, the Coca-Cola Company aired a commercial to promote their brand as every other mega corporation who has a few million dollars to blow on a 30 to 60 seconds of television airtime. It was a nice commercial titled “It’s Beautiful” in which American people did American things while the song “America the Beautiful” was sung in the background.

Source: http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/75447787843/speak-english-racist-revolt-as-coca-cola-airs

I'm can't even stop laughing at the fact that majority of the 'rants' couldn't even use proper grammar in their rants. It's mind-blowing. Do these people even realize that not all Americans are 'white'? I, though can see what some think of singing the song in a different language, but still don't see the justification for all that hate.

We don't even speak English the formal way, we speak it a botched up way, so what are these pricks to talk about. 

Source: http://publicshaming.tumblr.com/post/75447787843/speak-english-racist-revolt-as-coca-cola-airs

I'm can't even stop laughing at the fact that majority of the 'rants' couldn't even use proper grammar in their rants. It's mind-blowing. Do these people even realize that not all Americans are 'white'? I, though can see what some think of singing the song in a different language, but still don't see the justification for all that hate.

And half of the Americans here came from Pilgrim families are have descendants. Even with the first Americans, we still migrated from somewhere. So in a way, we're all immigrants.

You've got to be kidding me. These people assume that everyone who lives in the United States is white and speaks English.

Just another source of proof that racism is still big in this country.

It's no different from that Cheerios commercial with the mixed race family that got a bit of "heat" some time ago. On that note, I'm glad they did a follow up to the original.

I think I missed that commercial. They did another mixed family? Kudos to them!

Yup they did the same BM/WF couple that did the first time with the cute child. The racist comments on the youtube page made were surreal. I believe General Mills disabled the comments section on their home page for this very reason.

People on the internet find this perceived power in blatant expression of hate that they know they cannot get away with in a face to face conversation. So this is why we see what we see. This also shows that for real, we are indeed living in a troubled society.

Ignorance is alive and well. Sounds like the right wing nuts didn't like that commercial, huh?

Not necessarily. I've met some supposed democrats in their biased views that make some conservatives look tame. Tell you the truth on this issue it goes deeper then simple political affiliation. And yes I tend to lean left.....

Not necessarily. I've met some supposed democrats in their biased views that make some conservatives look tame. Tell you the truth on this issue it goes deeper then simple political affiliation. And yes I tend to lean left.....

Further evidence that at certain times it may be in your interest to maintain your own stance regardless of party lines.

You of course are full knowing of that, as a true independent.

Further evidence that at certain times it may be in your interest to maintain your own stance regardless of party lines.

You of course are full knowing of that, as a true independent.

Damn right!

Many politicians regardless of party affiliation will always cave in to pressure from the prominent special interest groups who may or may not be working in the best interests of the American public. But of course many people blindly follow these political leaders wishing on a star that they will save America like fools. It starts with us not your local coke snorting, hooker humping politician. 

People holler diversity this and diversity that, then when it happens, they can't stand it...

This whole "diversity" theme, as heartwarming as it may seem, is largely unattainable. People tend, more than a little, to want to be with their own clansmen.

Now (well at least since the 1500s or so) you have this big "melting pot" known as "america", the land of the "free" or whatever, where any and everybody can mate with whomever they please, be it for fun or politics, and we've got a whole bunch of f**king mongrels...

Hell I like interacting with different people too, but expecting the whole world to do the same is, well, unattainable.

People holler diversity this and diversity that, then when it happens, they can't stand it...

This whole "diversity" theme, as heartwarming as it may seem, is largely unattainable. People tend, more than a little, to want to be with their own clansmen.

Now (well at least since the 1500s or so) you have this big "melting pot" known as "america", the land of the "free" or whatever, where any and everybody can mate with whomever they please, be it for fun or politics, and we've got a whole bunch of f**king mongrels...

Hell I like interacting with different people too, but expecting the whole world to do the same is, well, unattainable.

It is attainable but on the personal level,  taking heed to past lessons learned and in dealing with personal instances of racism because I am mixed (Heard enough comments from moronic a**holes telling me in my face that I am a chi*nk n*gger insulting my character etc etc). Sad enough the majority does not have a clue. Which doesnt move me as I speak for myself, only.

I can say that I can relate to the little girl as I am a biracial person myself. Well I cannot see myself doing the drop one race rule to appease the masses, hell no. In fact psychologists say that in regards to children coming out of interracial families to not do that but to retain appreciation for all facets of their dual heritage that makes them as a person as it is psychologically much more healthy for the soul to do so. I strive to do that myself and retain my confidence as a mixed Asian out of an interracial marriage myself.

Not trying to diss dont take me wrong, just keeping it real...

It is attainable but on the personal level,  taking heed to past lessons learned and in dealing with personal instances of racism because I am mixed (Heard enough comments from people saying I am a chi*nk n*gger insulting my character etc etc). Sad enough the majority does not have a clue. Which doesnt move me as I speak for myself, only.

I can say that I can relate to the little girl as I am a biracial person myself. Well I cannot see myself doing the drop one race rule to appease the masses, hell no. In fact psychologists say that in regards to children coming out of interracial families to not do that but to retain appreciation for all facets of their dual heritage that makes them as a person as it is psychologically much more healthy for the soul to do so. I strive to do that myself and retain my confidence as a mixed Asian out of an interracial marriage myself.

Not trying to diss dont take me wrong, just keeping it real...

I know whacha mean, dood.

Damn right!

Many politicians regardless of party affiliation will always cave in to pressure from the prominent special interest groups who may or may not be working in the best interests of the American public. But of course many people blindly follow these political leaders wishing on a star that they will save America like fools. It starts with us not your local coke snorting, hooker humping politician.

And as long as the corporations have this country by the throat it will remain that way.

Once dismissed as far left (even Communist thinking) a few people have wised up and opened up to the fact. At the end it's what you do as an individual.

I know your post is what good intent, but I must disagree.

You seem to be neutral on diversity in general, which is fine, however some of what's in your post is derivative from what the other side wants you to think. Subjects and thoughts like "the difficulty of accomplishing diversity" or "people congregate solely amongst themselves", etc. If you ask me thoughts and beliefs like this is what is holding us back from advancement in this regard. But your point is valid, I'm not dismissing it, just providing insight.

Lastly, on your final quote. As in most situation it is extremely difficult for anyone to accomplish a solitary worldwide view, no doubt on that, however I personally think that mutual respect at the very least should be fairly simple.

• 3 weeks later...

People on the internet find this perceived power in blatant expression of hate that they know they cannot get away with in a face to face conversation. So this is why we see what we see. This also shows that for real, we are indeed living in a troubled society.

And yet, this illustrates a very important point: that anonymity is important for people to exercise their freedom of speech. What could be more anonymous than the Internet? History has shown that speech that could have gotten you killed in one time period would be considered benign in another.

Whether it's considered "troubling" that people exercise these rights more frequently and freely is another matter to be debated.

Where're you going with this one...

Total world diversity? Yeah, that's pretty unattainable. Does that mean we shouldn't want it? 

Where're you going with this one...

Total world diversity? Yeah, that's pretty unattainable. Does that mean we shouldn't want it? 

A lot of times, people's self-preservation instincts kick in. We're social animals, so that extends to "group preservation" as well. Nationalism, ethnic pride, rich people banding together to keep themselves rich… it's all the same force.

It's a f**king commercial, doesn't change the taste of Coke, doesn't matter.

Who is complaining about taste? And you kids wonder why we treat kids as kids.

People are complaining that Coca-Cola implemented different languages into a song representing America. Basically most of the southern states were "outraged."

Archived