EXCLUSIVE: Cops sexually assault mother, break 10-year-old son's leg

Turbo19

raid5n-1-web.jpg
Krystle Silvera says in lawsuit cops from 63rd Precinct sexually assaulted her and broke son Courtney’s leg when they came to her Brooklyn home in search for her ex-boyfriend last year.

Brooklyn cop kicked a 10-year-old boy in the shin, breaking his leg, as the child was recording him with his cell phone, according to court papers.

Cops were responding to Krystle Silvera’s Flatbush home looking for her ex-boyfriend in connection to violating an order of protection, according to Silvera’s lawsuit, which also contains disturbing allegations that she was sexually abused by a cop.

Krystle’s son Courtney Silvera was eating his breakfast cereal when the cops began knocking on the door.

The visit soon spiraled out of control shortly after cops began pounding on the front door at 7 a.m. on Jan. 30, 2013, according to the complaint filed in Brooklyn Federal Court.

Silvera’s 61-year-old mother, who is suffering from brain and lung cancer, answered the door but had difficulty understanding the cops’ reason for being there, the suit said.

The curious child went to see what was going on, grabbed his mother’s cell phone and began recording the commotion.

“The police had come to our house before (due to the domestic violence complaint) and he’s fascinated by the police, he looks up to them,” Silvera, 30, a nursing student at Long Island University, told the Daily News.

But the cop apparently didn’t like being recorded and began assaulting the child, the suit said.

“I heard my son screaming, ‘You can’t do that! You’re hurting me! Don’t hit me!’ ” she said.

The mother had been upstairs getting her 5-year-old daughter ready for school. She bolted downstairs into the fray, dressed in her underclothes, and was grabbed by a cop who pulled her outside in the freezing cold, the suit alleges.

While Silvera was being restrained, her breast popped out of her bra revealing a pierced nipple, according to the suit.

“The officer flicked the piercing, he flicked the ring up with his finger on my right breast,” she said. “He said, ‘Is this what mothers look like these days?’

“My neighbors saw me naked. It was degrading. I can deal with the embarrassment of what (the police) did to me in front of my neighbors, but the hardest thing is explaining to my kids that not all police are bad,” she added.

Silvera was charged with assaulting the cops and released two days later on $1,500 bail.

When she returned home, Courtney’s leg was black-and-blue and swollen, she said. The boy was taken to Kings County Medical Center, where an X-ray showed his leg was fractured.

Read More: Source

Apparently people cant read. Its a task for them to demonstrate comprehension on a simple NY Daily News article.

The cop touched the woman's bare breast. I would imagine that constitutes sexual assault. The cop then proceeded to kick the ten year old boy breaking his leg in the process. (Who has aspirations of becoming a NYPD detective) . Clear case of yet another incident of police brutality. 

for beating the kid up i can say TAKE THEIR  SHIELD AWAY!

+1. My thought on that? The cop should be criminally prosecuted. Why is this only a civil suit? The officer commited a crime! The evidence is in clear plain sight. Officer kicking a 10 year boy? Fracturing his leg in the process? But again here we go with people in denial where it comes to bad cops going over the edge.

Apparently people cant read.

The cop touched the woman's bare breast. I would imagine that constitutes sexual assault. The cop then proceeded to kick the ten year old boy breaking his leg in the process. (Who has aspirations of becoming a NYPD detective) . Clear case of yet another incident of police brutality. 

The cop should be criminally prosecuted. Why is this only a civil suit? The officer commited a crime! The evidence is in clear plain sight. Officer kicking a 10 year boy? Fracturing his leg in the process? But again here we go with people in denial where it comes to bad cops going over the edge.

These are all alleged allegations... Last I checked, the case hadn't been decided yet.  

Didn't you know? It only takes 1 cop to do wrong for everyone to hate on the entire force.  <_<  Disgusting really.

Its a shame that we continue to see cops do idiotic things over and over again. I would imagine the lady didnt just pull this out of her asshat just for the sake of creating a lawsuit. Something happenned. The kids broken leg is indication enough.

No wonder many have a distrust of cops. Dont blame them.

BTW thanks for the blanket statement. Well you are wrong.

Didn't you know? It only takes 1 cop to do wrong for everyone to hate on the entire force.  <_<  Disgusting really.

Exactly... Post up some allegations and then BAM, complain about how the NYPD is out of control, etc. etc. etc.  I mean give me a break already.  It's a smear campaign.  

I would imagine the lady didnt just pull this out of her asshat. Something happenned. The kids broken leg is indication enough.

I'm just becoming tired of these stories being posted that are alleged and not decided on by a jury.  Anyone is free to make any allegations that they want.  Until a jury hears the case and the facts and decides on it, that's all they are... Allegations. 

I'm just becoming tired of these stories being posted that are alleged and not decided on by a jury.  Anyone is free to make any allegations that they want.  Until a jury hears the case and the facts and decides on it, that's all they are... Allegations.

Pretty damn strong allegations at that. I would imagine the defense team will prove these allegations to be fact and not fantasy.

Given the dismal record of the police in recent months I would imagine that the incident that has occurred to be true. I am particularly concerned about the kid. And he wanted to be a cop himself, what a f**king shame.

Pretty damn strong allegations at that. I would imagine the defense team will prove these allegations to be fact and not fantasy.

Having served on a jury, allegations are just that... Allegations... The case I was on, the prosecution made it sound like the guy was guilty, but once we heard all of the evidence, it was clear that they really didn't have a case so I think I'll wait and hold my judgment for when all of the facts come out rather than start a smear campaign based on what allegedly happened.   <_< We still have a process that states that people are innocent until proven guilty not the other way around.

Having served on a jury, allegations are just that... Allegations... The case I was on, the prosecution made it sound like the guy was guilty, but once we heard all of the evidence, it was clear that they really didn't have a case so I think I'll wait and hold my judgment for when all of the facts come out rather than start a smear campaign based on what allegedly happened.   <_<

Oh really?

I served in a grand jury myself over a medical malpractice case. A surgeon went against the orders of a PCP who diagnosed correctly the man has d a simple concussion, after x rays. The doctors in the hospital claimed he had a subdermal hematoma which was unproven after the MRI. They did invasive procedures to correct this imagined condition, now the man is paraplegic because of a botched and unnecessary surgery.

Shockingly the defense won the case even though I saw as well as the experts clearly the surgeon screwed up.

But it isnt about us, its about the article. Stick to the point, I know thats a difficult task for you but just try it wouldnt hurt.

Oh really?

I served in a grand jury myself over a medical malpractice case. A surgeon went against the orders of a PCP who diagnosed correctly the man has d a simple concussion, after x rays. The doctors in the hospital claimed he had a subdermal hematoma which was unproven after the MRI. They did invasive procedures to correct this imagined condition, now the man is paraplegic because of a botched and unnecessary surgery.

Shockingly the defense won the case even though I saw as well as the experts clearly the surgeon screwed up.

But it isnt about us, its about the article. Stick to the point, I know thats a difficult task for you but just try it wouldnt hurt.

Yeah, and the article says that the suit "alleges" that these things happened... Vocabulary 101...  <_<

And yet we have plenty of incidents I can recall of cops using deadly force against innocent people. Get with the program please. 

Yes of course because of course past incidents automatically confirm that any current allegations against the NYPD are true because we all know that all cops are pigs.  That's the idea right?  <_<

Yes of course because of course past incidents automatically confirm that any current allegations against the NYPD are true because we all know that all cops are pigs.  That's the idea right?  <_<

And given the string of cases that were actually confirmed I would not be surprised beyond the shadow of a doubt that the jury will see what I am seeing as the evidence is presented and testimony proceeds to a verdict.

And given the string of cases that were actually confirmed I would not be surprised beyond the shadow of a doubt that the jury will see what I am seeing as the evidence is presented and testimony proceeds to a verdict.

That's all fine and good but the fact of the matter is whatever happened in other cases has no bearing on this case.

Well first of all, doesn't matter if it pops off or not, you shouldn't touch a woman's breast just like that. She said the neighbors saw, maybe the neighbors know about it, the boy should've definitely known about it.

Pretty much sums it up. This issue can be debated to death it does not change the facts about the problems with the NYPD. Which is why personally speaking I never waste my time with cops if I need help. I handle my own. I follow the law as a law abiding citizen so respect my space. Too much trouble for me dealing with mentally inadept rookies on the beat. If I want justice, I just take it my damn self. If someone wants to hurt me, well I have the right to f**k you up. Thats all there is to it. 

The kid's broken leg would be good enough evidence, and the fact that this woman was assaulted in front her kids and neighbors is sickening. Hopefully the witnesses speak out about this matter.

Inappropriate conduct from these officers. Unprofessional.

Add the word 'sadistic' to that list.

Archived